Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 13:42   #1
BHPian

Stock alloy wheels for sale on OLX - Fake or originals?

Hello BHPians,

A friend of mine is rejuvenating his 2012 Fluidic Verna and is planning to replace the steel wheels with alloys. He found a seller from Bangalore on OLX who is offering slightly used (1000 km run) stock alloys of Verna at a very affordable Rs.22k/- and who will ship it to Allepey in KL for Rs.1000/-. I am guessing that if he is to buy it from Hyundai dealer, it would be close to 40k.

We looked at the seller's profile and he seems to have stock alloys of all popular car models stock alloys for sale at mouth watering prices. His shop says MH tyres, Bangalore. I can only think that this seller has sourced the alloys from car owners who sell the stock alloys to buy better looking alloys on their new cars. Google review of MH tyres of Bangalores have good rating, but I do not trust google ratings anymore.

Has anyone any idea or experience with this to know if this for real?
How deep has fakes penetrated the alloy wheels market?

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 29th October 2020 at 13:43.
Old 29th October 2020, 13:48   #2
BANNED

re: Stock alloy wheels for sale on OLX - Fake or originals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Has anyone any idea or experience with this to know if this for real? How deep has fakes penetrated the alloy wheels market?
If you have any friends in Bangalore, why not ask them to go see the seller and check the alloys then and there.

If they are genuine, transfer the money and get them shipped in presence of your friend.

PS: Inspect the alloys for damage on the rim edges too and cracks if any.

Last edited by a4anurag : 29th October 2020 at 13:54.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 13:53   #3
BHPian

Quote:
He found a seller from Bangalore on OLX who is offering slightly used (1000 km run) stock alloys of Verna at a very affordable Rs.22k/- and who will ship it to Allepey in KL for Rs.1000/-.
OLX platform is a breeding ground for all sorts of financial frauds recently.
Just beware of this fact. Do proper due diligence before clinching the deal.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 14:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If you have any friends in Bangalore, why not ask them to go see the seller and check the alloys then and there.

If they are genuine, transfer the money and get them shipped in presence of your friend.

PS: Inspect the alloys for damage on the rim edges too and cracks if any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
OLX platform is a breeding ground for all sorts of financial frauds recently.
Just beware of this fact. Do proper due diligence before clinching the deal.
Of course.

Here, we are concerned about whether the alloy wheels are fake or not? Will definitely do the due diligence about the seller before transferring the money.
Old 29th October 2020, 14:47   #5
BHPian

I just got done my more than 8 year old alloy wheels like brand new. Buy them from company service centers, authorised dealers or from the people you know. It is very easy to refurbish old wheels like new, the market is full of that.
Old 29th October 2020, 18:45   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Stock alloy wheels for sale on OLX - Fake or originals?

Why spend 23 grand on used alloy wheels when you can buy nicer design brand-new ones from any wheel shop for not that much more money? And if you still want these, best to have someone check them out in person, pay the seller & ship it out. Like any other open platform, OLX has a mix of genuine people + frauds.

You could share a link to the ad, just in case a BHPian has had an experience with this seller.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 20:32   #7
BHPian

Going against conventional wisdom, I would say that if diligently searched and researched one can get amazing deals on OLX from genuine people. The key being due diligence.

Also, that price of 22K is ridiculously high for used wheels. If the wheels are worth it, then Bargain hard.
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 15:33   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

A friend of mine is rejuvenating his 2012 Fluidic Verna and is planning to replace the steel wheels with alloys. He found a seller from Bangalore on OLX who is offering slightly used (1000 km run) stock alloys of Verna at a very affordable Rs.22k/- and who will ship it to Allepey in KL for Rs.1000/-. I am guessing that if he is to buy it from Hyundai dealer, it would be close to 40k.

We looked at the seller's profile and he seems to have stock alloys of all popular car models stock alloys for sale at mouth watering prices. His shop says MH tyres, Bangalore. I can only think that this seller has sourced the alloys from car owners who sell the stock alloys to buy better looking alloys on their new cars. Google review of MH tyres of Bangalores have good rating, but I do not trust google ratings anymore.
Hey DudeWithaFiat, I currently have a 2012 Linea that has some bends in the alloy wheels. As a result of that there's excessive tire wear and the steering wobbles at around 80 km/hr. I also came across MH Tires in Bangalore through OLX. The spokesperson said that he has a set of used wheels for a Fiat Linea and is quoting 20K. Did your friend go for it for his Verna? How was his experience? Please share.

If other Bangalore Team BHPians have dealt with this vendor please share your experiences as well. Thank you.

Last edited by Seahawk : 15th June 2021 at 15:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks