Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2007, 08:15   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
The thing about silica is that it gives you 2 things.
1. Better grip in the wet. (a rain tire wil have plenty of silica) and also
2. Better rolling resistance for better fuel economy. So an energy series tire may pay for itself in the long run.
A. Not only wet grip but dry grip is also enhanced.
B. It also helps in dissipating heat. Lesser heat generations lead to better tyre life.

Silica mixing requires very high tech process that is why not all companies make silica based tyres.
Silica is able to produce two contradictory benefits(1 & A) at the same time.

Welcome silica base technology...
Old 14th October 2007, 17:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
How much is this in your area? Just check that it is for the same size.
Hi Filcord, got 185/70 Michelin Energy XM1s for 3350/- in Chennai with Reebok Track Suit + Michelin Cap Free.
Old 15th October 2007, 19:22   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Hi Filcord, got 185/70 Michelin Energy XM1s for 3350/- in Chennai with Reebok Track Suit + Michelin Cap Free.
Is this 185/70 R13, if so they cannot be Energy series, just plain XM1, the Energy series start with R14.
Still, if its 185/70 r13, great price!
Old 15th October 2007, 20:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Is this 185/70 R13, if so they cannot be Energy series, just plain XM1, the Energy series start with R14.
Still, if its 185/70 r13, great price!
d_himan has a swift so it should be 14".
Old 15th October 2007, 21:20   #80
BHPian

Yes, 185/70 R14 for the swift vxi...only got 200 bucks/tyre for 10K plus JKs..but I hated them so much, I'd have given money to get rid of 'em! the tyres are slightly oldish though...March stock...but the dealer gave a warranty, so i was ok with that...

no road noise, beautiful ride - i can't believe i'm driving a swift.
Old 16th October 2007, 04:33   #81
BHPian

well d_himan, what you gain on the swings, you lose on the roundabouts.
I got 1000/- off for each old 20k Bridgestone S322!
Old 26th November 2007, 13:45   #82

i have a 2001 maruti omni, i have the original tyres still on it without any issues till date, but the tyres are almost tired now and need to go to sleep, so i want to change them to Radials could anyone suggest which is the best brand and the cost of the same, and where i could get it in bangalore.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendan View Post
i have a 2001 maruti omni, i have the original tyres still on it without any issues till date, but the tyres are almost tired now and need to go to sleep, so i want to change them to Radials could anyone suggest which is the best brand and the cost of the same, and where i could get it in bangalore.
There is a thread names named Best Tyre Shop in bangalore. Go through it. I have put mine from Super Tyre Tec, JC Road. The contact person name is Prakash, you can search his phone number in the forum as well. You can call him up and tell my name and tbhp.

There are many brands available depending upon your budget, let us know what is your tyre size for Omni.

Abhi
Old 10th December 2008, 23:50   #84
BHPian

@akroy - I believe you are having a good time with your "Michelin XM1 (155/65R13 73H) Tubeless". I have a few things to ask you.

I would like to know what is the pattern you are following to rotate these tyres ?

After going through a lot of threads, I am really quite confused.

Is it either :

Front Left <====> Rear Right
Rear Left <====> Front Right

or

Front Left <====> Rear Left
Rear Right<====> Front Right

Being bidirectional and asymmetric, these tyres can be rotated in any of the above manner(which is the better/correct of the two) or if my understanding is wrong, please correct me . Let me know which is the right way to rotate these "Michelin XM1 (155/65R13 73H) Tubeless".

Next is, are you using the stock one as your stepney ?

I have seen you guys talk about the pressure/psi for these tubeless tyres. I would like to know if we have to check the air pressure regularly in these tubeless as we do in the tube-type tyres ?

Thanking You in advance.
Old 11th December 2008, 08:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

livealike,
1) Since it is bi-directional tyre, the rotation is same like stock tyre (as described in the car manual).
2) All my 5 tyres are Michelins, no stock stepney etc. Hence I always do 5 wheel rotation in every 5K kms.
3) I dont check pressure regularly but check in every alternate refill (comes to once a month in a typical city drive scenario for me). For long highway drive, I make sure I check the pressure (of all 5 tyres) while filling petrol the day before.

Abhi
Old 12th December 2008, 23:56   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
the rotation is same like stock tyre (as described in the car manual).
@abhi - The rotation which is mentioned in the car manual, is for the stock tyres. Here I felt Michelin tyres takes precedence over these stock ones and follow a tyre rotation pattern suitable for Michelin. Therefore I wrote to Michelin and this is what they had to say :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ROTATE.pdf (7.4 KB, 379 views)
Old 13th December 2008, 12:17   #87
BHPian

I would also like to add that the tyre rotation pattern in the attached pdf is for Bi-directional and asymmetrical tread pattern of Michelin make.

Please do not mistake that the tyre rotation in the pdf file is common to all tread patterns of Michelin make.

It is to be noted that tyre rotation may be different for other tread patterns like unidirectional, symmetrical and so on.
Old 13th December 2008, 18:14   #88
Senior - BHPian

livealike, saw the pdf. attached. Can you tell me how to do 5 wheel rotation? In the pdf it is about 4 wheel rotation.

I always do 5 wheel rotation every 5K kms for the last 20K km (in Michelins). So far the wear-tear are uniform in all tyres.

Abhi
Old 20th December 2008, 23:27   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
livealike, saw the pdf. attached. Can you tell me how to do 5 wheel rotation? In the pdf it is about 4 wheel rotation.

I always do 5 wheel rotation every 5K kms for the last 20K km (in Michelins). So far the wear-tear are uniform in all tyres.

Abhi
Hi Abhi,

I did ask about the five tyre rotation. I was told that Michelin does not recommend it and that the spare tyre is a safety tyre which is put in service only during emergency.

Since you have been into 5-tyre rotation and did notify of uniform wear-tear, you can then explain more about your experience(how long your tyres lasted when you change them) on 5-tyre rotation later on in this thread.

Incase if you want to follow the tyre rotation as given in the pdf, you may update the same here. Either way, it will be more helpful for guys like me to know more.
Old 26th December 2008, 16:06   #90
BHPian

Does the Alloy wheels must be taken when purchasing Tubeless tyres?

If the car Zen needs to change its tube type to tubeless Michelin, can you suggest what needs to be done? How much the Alloy wheels will cost? Zen has the wheel size R12.

Which company to go when changing over to Alloys?

Also heard the steering goes little harder when installed Alloy wheels+Tubeless tyres, true?

Is Nitrogen filling really helpful?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks