Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2022, 17:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ceat SportDrive range of tyres launched in India

Ceat has launched its SportDrive range of tyres in India. These tyres are designed for premium sedans and SUVs.

Ceat SportDrive range of tyres launched in India-screenshot-20220712-172211.jpg

Ceat SportDrive tyres were first introduced in the European market in 2017. They feature an asymmetrical tread pattern that is claimed to offer superior cornering stability and precise steering control at high speeds.

Ceat’s MRC technology is said to offer lower noise levels, while the tyre’s Dual Silica Compound is claimed to offer improved grip in both wet and dry conditions.

The Ceat SportDrive range is available in 11 sizes for 17-19-inch rims. It is designed for models like the Mercedes-Benz CLA, C-Class, E-Class, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, Audi A8, VW Tiguan, Audi Q5, Mini Cooper, etc.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 18:31   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Ceat SportDrive range of tyres launched in India

Looks like a good product. Especially if they have paid attention to the compound. This would be a good competitor to the MRF Perfinzas but for the fact that while Perfinzas also come in size 16 to fit 16 inch wheels, these seem to stop at 17. That could be a bit of a limitation.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 07:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

Do these have the Fringe rim protectors? With low profile tyres and our road conditions, rim protector strenthening is important for rims and tyre walls.
And what are the sizes on offer?
Old 14th July 2022, 10:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Ceat has launched its SportDrive range of tyres in India. These tyres are designed for premium sedans and SUVs.

Attachment 2332599

Ceat SportDrive tyres were first introduced in the European market in 2017. They feature an asymmetrical tread pattern that is claimed to offer superior cornering stability and precise steering control at high speeds.

Ceat’s MRC technology is said to offer lower noise levels, while the tyre’s Dual Silica Compound is claimed to offer improved grip in both wet and dry conditions.

The Ceat SportDrive range is available in 11 sizes for 17-19-inch rims. It is designed for models like the Mercedes-Benz CLA, C-Class, E-Class, BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, Jaguar XF, Volvo S90, Audi A8, VW Tiguan, Audi Q5, Mini Cooper, etc.

Link to Team-BHP News
Great move by Ceat India, happy to see Indian manufacturer emerging in UHP segment.
Old 14th July 2022, 11:43   #5
BHPian

Being a satisfied (somewhat) repeat user of Perfinza, I hope the Ceats are as good and competitively priced.
My only grudge against Perfinzas - tyre life. Can't seem to cross 30K on a hatchback. Will the Ceat last longer? But they dont have 15 or 16 inches so cant try.

Last edited by sadnabrina : 14th July 2022 at 11:45. Reason: Changed ending
Old 25th November 2022, 08:50   #6
BHPian

Have just ordered a set of 4 for my Hexa. Am I right??? They were pretty cheap comparatively. Hope they perform better than the standard MRF Wanderers. Given the fact that they were introduced for premium SUVs I expect they should do the job and more. Only worry is life. Well, only time will tell.
Old 23rd December 2022, 10:31   #7

Hey guys, was planning on a change of tyres from the PS4’s on my car. These Ceat tyres seem like a very cost effective option now considering the high prices of the PS4. Would you guys suggest the change to the Sportdrives?
TIA
Old 27th December 2022, 16:26   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_tallguy View Post
Hey guys, was planning on a change of tyres from the PS4’s on my car. These Ceat tyres seem like a very cost effective option now considering the high prices of the PS4. Would you guys suggest the change to the Sportdrives?
TIA
Can you mention the vehicle and size? Would suggest you consider the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti as well in addition to the SportDrive
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 16:53   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Can you mention the vehicle and size? Would suggest you consider the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti as well in addition to the SportDrive
It's for the vento in my garage, running 17 inch wheels and a stage 2 setup. It currently has 205/45/17 on Lenso wheels.
mr_tallguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 18:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_tallguy View Post
It's for the vento in my garage, running 17 inch wheels and a stage 2 setup. It currently has 205/45/17 on Lenso wheels.
The Ceats are available only on 205/45R17 (looks like a steal at 7k apiece), and the Vredesteins only on 215/45R17. Would suggest to go for 215/45 as the diameter will be similar to the Vento's stock size and hence no loss in ground clearance. Your ground clearance on the 205/40R17s is around 12 mm lower.

On 215/45R17 you have the further option of Conti UC6s or Yoko BluEarths which are more expensive than the Vredesteins but still cheaper than Michelins.

Word of advice - no matter which size you go for, ensure that the tyres have "2 Polyester" or "2 Rayon" mentioned against "sidewall plies". Attaching a reference image below :-

Ceat SportDrive range of tyres launched in India-sidewall-plies.jpg
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 19:11   #11

Mod note: Do trim the quotes to avoid inconvenience for mobile users, also do use Thank button which maybe more appropriate instead of a short reply like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
The Ceats are available only on 205/45R17 (looks like a steal at 7k apiece), and the Vredesteins only on 215/45R17.
------
Attachment 2395087

Thanks for the information. Will look at the options when I'm changing the tyres.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th December 2022 at 19:32.
Old 9th March 2023, 21:08   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
Have just ordered a set of 4 for my Hexa. Am I right??? They were pretty cheap comparatively.
Hello Studedude,

How is your experience with the Sportdrives? Could you please update...

Thanks in advance..
Old 26th December 2023, 21:36   #13

I have installed Ceat SportDrive 245 50 r18 on my bmw 520d. I have driven 1500 kms till now. So for so good. Noise levels are less than stock michelin 3 pzps. Breakkng and acceleration has improved, however handling and FE has taken a slight hit. This is probably due to increase in size by 3.5%. However potholes and speed breakers are dealt with like a boss. Long term impressions will be updated soon.
Sameergarg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 11:03   #14
BHPian

Have been using these on my Hexa for nearly 25000 kms now. So far seem to have made a good choice. They’re miles ahead of the MRF Wanderer which had aquaplaning issues. Mine are 19 inches and ride is also significantly better than the MRF. Overall a great improvement in all aspects so far.
Old 17th January 2024, 22:44   #15

Have done 3000 kms on bmw 520d. So far less road noise than Michelin 3 pzp. Braking and handling are great. No puncture till now. FE is almost at par. Have yet to test wet handling and aqua planing.
Sameergarg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks