Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 01:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

On cement, the grip is poor and the tyres tend to make more noise, especially when taking turns. Squealing sound is a good thing, it acts as a warning.

Some tyres are awful sqealers, they take all joy out of driving. The key is to know your limits, in all cases.
Old 13th July 2007, 09:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
while making a turn on a flyover there was a screeching/squaling sound from them.. could it be because of the cement surface or due to under/over inflation of tyres ? the sound came from start to finish of turn
By any chance do u have Bridgestones S322 tyres (tube type) that noise is quit common at cornering...

Abhi
Old 21st June 2009, 16:36   #18
BHPian

Squealing from brand new Michellin XM1+

In May 09, I changed all tyres on my NHC to Michellin XM1+. The tyres were made in the 4th and 5th week of 2009.

The tyres are squealing even at low speed cornering. In fact I heard them squealing even while I was doing a 5 kmph U turn. The earlier, 50,000 km old Bridgestone S 322 tyres have never squealed, so I was wondering if this noise is normal with this new set of Michellin XM1+ tyres.

If not, what could possibly be wrong??
Old 21st June 2009, 18:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsi View Post
In May 09, I changed all tyres on my NHC to Michellin XM1+. The tyres were made in the 4th and 5th week of 2009.

The tyres are squealing even at low speed cornering. In fact I heard them squealing even while I was doing a 5 kmph U turn. The earlier, 50,000 km old Bridgestone S 322 tyres have never squealed, so I was wondering if this noise is normal with this new set of Michellin XM1+ tyres.

Get the alignment checked and also the tyre pressures.
rohan_fonseca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2009, 19:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsi View Post

I'm using XM1+ on my palio now and don't have problems with tyres squealing other than on cement parking lots. Try checking the tyre pressures
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks