Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 10:55   #1
BHPian

How to turn your tyres Black!

Just as a man's personality can be judged by the shoes he is wearing, I guess your car cannot be sprarkling clean till you have dirty or mudy tyres! Here's technique which i have been using for years, and believe me, it really works!

Take an empty spray bottle (empty 'Colin' bottle for e.g) and fill it with water mixed with good amount of detergant. Shake well to form loads of lather. Now spray this on your tyres in a stroking motion, so that maximum no. of bubbles accumalate on the tyres. These bubbles will loosen ther dirt and grim present on the tyres. Do not rub with cloth, but let it dry naturally.

Now take neutral 'Cheer Blossom' boot polish (white in colour, comes in usual small round packing, cost Rs 11 only!). Take a shoe brush, preferably a big one and apply this polish on the tyres evenly. You will notice the tyres turn black and shiny in no time. Do not polish on the 'thread' side of the tyre, the surface in contact wth the road! This may affect the traction of the car and change the driving characterstics.

The shine and the black colour is good enough to last for a week! Though its a bit tiring process, but can be repeated on sundays. Absolutely harmless to tyres too.. I suggest you try it on your spare wheel first to believe it for yourself!
Old 13th July 2007, 11:34   #2
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
Absolutely harmless to tyres too.
Are you sure about it?
Old 13th July 2007, 11:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Akash, why all this stunt?
Just buy a Tyre Polish spray (like Turtle-wax TP) and apply it on the tyres once a month!
Old 13th July 2007, 12:06   #4
Team-BHP Support

i just wash and scrub it with a 50 rs brush, i like the matt finish and dont like the shine.

shoe polish on rubber shouldnt cause any problem right?
Old 13th July 2007, 12:26   #5
Team-BHP Support

Very creative, but i dont think this qualifies as "In-Car Entertainment > DIY"

Thread moved
cya
R
Old 13th July 2007, 12:26   #6
BHPian

WaxPol tyre black costs Rs.90 and it is extremely good...check it out...its just a spray that we need to use after washing the tyres
Old 13th July 2007, 12:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

I use a tyre conditioning spray for the same. Dont remember the brand, but cost me Rs.125/-. Extremely happy with it.
Old 13th July 2007, 12:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Just buy a Tyre Polish spray (like Turtle-wax TP) and apply it on the tyres once a month!
Yes thats the way to do it.
Old 13th July 2007, 12:53   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I still maintain that authentic Turtlewax tyre sprays are the cat's paw. I have some that I'd bought in the US a few years (correct) back now, and their effect is lightyears superior to the "Turtlewax" tyre sprays that I've bought in Bangalore recently
Old 13th July 2007, 12:58   #10
BHPian

i have been using the sonax tyre care spray. it costs about 375 bucks and is good enough for 24 tyre sprays. it gives the tyre a black wet look. and lasts for about 10 days. but this product is pretty expensive though. need to try the boot polish method.
Old 13th July 2007, 13:27   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, thats some exercise to make the tyres look black. Along with the tyres looking black, is it guaranteed to lose our weight too?

Me too love the tyres jet-black and wash my tyres 'daily' in morning before i take it out, like a ritual and once a fortnight use a tyre shiner

I have some tyre shiners that has colored tints when sprayed on the sidewalls of the tyres( orange, yellow etc)
Old 13th July 2007, 14:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have some tyre shiners that has colored tints when sprayed on the sidewalls of the tyres( orange, yellow etc)
Where did you purchase them? Are they specific to tyres only; or can they be used on the rims/rim covers?
Old 13th July 2007, 14:37   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Where did you purchase them? Are they specific to tyres only; or can they be used on the rims/rim covers?
I bought them in US. It's meant only for tyres.
Old 14th July 2007, 02:53   #14

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well all the above methods do really work well but drive through loose dirt,sand,mudor water and you are back to square one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks