Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 16:15   #1
BHPian

Yoko or Michelin tyres in bangalore

Sorry for starting a new thread. I have swift zxi. Its on the stock JK tyres. But nowadays i am seeing that even if i have correct tyre pressure the tyre is bulging . Especially the front ones. Is it dangerous? I go on the highways and do about 120 kmph speed constant.

I want to buy Yokohama or Michelin tyres for my car.

Can you any of you please tell me where in bangalore can i buy any of these two brands.

Can i upgrade to 195/65/R14 with the original alloys that come on the swift zxi?

many thanks in advance
Old 18th July 2007, 16:48   #2
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...galore-11.html

I am sure this link will help you.

Hellcat.
Old 18th July 2007, 17:00   #3
BHPian

I have checked that link that you have suggested. it does not have details of the shop.
Old 18th July 2007, 17:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyamsundar View Post
Can you any of you please tell me where in bangalore can i buy any of these two brands.

Can i upgrade to 195/65/R14 with the original alloys that come on the swift zxi?

many thanks in advance
there is a wholesale shop near lalbagh main gate. they only deal in tubeless tyres. its on the road which goes to to the west gate along the lalbagh compound. its just after the signal, so dont go far. or u will miss it. i think here u will get very good rate and options for the tyres. they are also wholesalers for tubeless tire punture kits. i bought mine there.
Old 31st July 2008, 22:38   #5
BANNED

hey im kinda new in this thing but i would say go to the main michelin dealer in bangalore. sai iyengar and sons, on lalbhag rd just before prerana motors. they are the bigest dealers for michelin in karnataka. You will get original stuff there and tubless kits cost much cheaper than millivision

take out auto car or overdrive and you will find only they are the authorised main dealers for michelin

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st July 2008 at 22:53.
Old 1st August 2008, 08:18   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsize_expert View Post
hey im kinda new in this thing but i would say go to the main michelin dealer in bangalore. sai iyengar and sons, on lalbhag rd just before prerana motors. they are the bigest dealers for michelin in karnataka. You will get original stuff there and tubless kits cost much cheaper than millivision

take out auto car or overdrive and you will find only they are the authorised main dealers for michelin

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Thanks.
OMG!! What are you saying? There is absolutely no such thing!!

All Michelin dealers are equal. Some are MPP. That is Michelin Priority Partners.

What you are saying is absolutely BS. We have 3 shops and sell Michelin in all of them.
Old 1st August 2008, 09:18   #7
Team-BHP Support

I found the lowest rates for Michelins was at Super Tyre Tec on JC road. Sometimes I have got a lower rate from Millivisions but the problem is that they only sell the tyre, no fitting, alignment and balancing. SO it comes to the same thing since Super tyre tect will do fitting, alignment and balancing and may cost you Rs.50 per tyre more than millivisions.
Old 1st August 2008, 09:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

I found Millivisions to be very cheaper, To be very frank Sai iyengar and sons quote high value and I heard few not so good stories about their service. May be need to use influence and show attitude like we will tyres nowtiself and they might quote less rates.

I suggest Millivision (i do agree they just sell tyres no fixing) and Super tyre Tec and Iyengar tyre clinic in banashankari Ring road near devegowda petrol bunk.

Tyre professionals near Jayanagar south end circle quoted high rates when I visited their place.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 1st August 2008 at 09:33.
Old 1st August 2008, 10:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Shyam... decide which tyre you want first, that itself can be quite a task!! Then hunt down the best deal

General consensus on the forum is :

Comfort priority : Michelins
Performance : Yoko

This doesnt mean to say yoko's dont have comfort or michelins cannot be used for performance! Just a guideline...
Old 1st August 2008, 10:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Shyam... decide which tyre you want first, that itself can be quite a task!! Then hunt down the best deal
guys this in 1 year old thread.. i think by this time the thread started would have bought new tyres for his ride..

but still the comparison and discussion can continue so that it will help others like me to gain knowledge.
Old 1st August 2008, 10:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Whats the idea behind buying tires and going to another place to fit it ? IMO doesn't make sense since , the next place you go to fit them will charge you thru the nose since you bought the tires elsewhere and not from him.

You end up paying the same price as in an another dealers place.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks