Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 23:54   #1
BHPian

Help .. For tyre upgrade for OHC VTEC ..

Guys, gurus and the super gurus, need help on a choice of tyres on my (new) OHC VTEC. This is my second OHC VTEC and my old car was running on 17" enkei botox rims and maxxis 205/40/17 tyres, was not at all happy about the ride, handling and durability of the set i had. Bought a new VTEC and dont want to repeat my mistakes.Please help. PS: i have a set of 16" bbs rims on 205/45 or 50 / 16 adven neovas in mind. Please add your views on my choice.
Old 9th August 2007, 01:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Devil - What do you value more? Ride or Handling? Based on this we can advise you better. But let me clarify that 16" or 17" won't work very well in our conditions. My best bet would be to stick to 15" tyres & wheels (14" are even better) with good Alloys & Tyres.
Old 9th August 2007, 01:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

For the neovas you will have to more than just dropping by a shope for a tyre change. These are extremely difficult to come across, unless things have changed since i head last about them.
An ideal upsize for the ohc is 195/50/15. Looks great and the ride doesn't get messy either.
Get some nice 15" wheels and shod them with yokohama avs sport rubber if you can't manage the neovas.

manson.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:20   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The quality of the rubber matters as much as the size, when it comes to grip levels. If really good tyres are available in this size, then a 185 would be perfect since it would retain the agility of the Vtec. However, and for most, the ideal upsize for the Vtec will be a 195 shod on 15 inch wheels.

If you want to try something less extreme than your 17 inchers, consider this. I have opted for 205's on 16 inch wheels and have found the ride quality to be surprisingly compliant. The super-soft Yokos would certainly be a contributor to this. Check it out here.

Make sure you read Rehaan's article (ARTICLE: Choosing The Right Set Of Tyres for your Car) too.

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2007 at 12:22.
Old 9th August 2007, 23:31   #5
BHPian

iraghava- bro, its handling for me all the way, i do personally like bigger rims on smaller cars so would preferably like 16" ers over 15" ers.
Manson - thanks for the reply man, i do realize the shortage of neovas in the country, i will be importing them through an importer, i know that it sounds crazy but after a drive in another members car in bangy running on neovas, i will give my body and my soul for a set on my car they are devine tyres.
gto- your rims are on my 'drool worthy' list of drool worthy things, amazing rims dude, even i personaly would like 16's over 15's or 14's. The rims i am thinkin about are bbs rg-f rims in 16". The tyres as stated above are advan neovas 205 or 195 sizes.
ps: sorry for the wierd post my comps enter key is not working.Thanks a lot guys for the reply(s).

Last edited by devilvtec : 9th August 2007 at 23:42. Reason: Formatted the post. Use the keypad enter button if the regular one is not working.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks