Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 12:05   #1
BHPian

Aura B1560 Alloys for Bolero

Hello to All,

I'm a newbie here. I've been reading this forum for several months and i must say i've learned a lot!. The amount of info one can get here is AMAZING and it also helped me decide on a BOLERO!

I'm considering AURA B1560 alloys for my Bolero (a dealer quoted 22K for a set of 5)

1. Will the front tyre jut out of the body (mud guard)?
The Aura web site quotes a 45mm offset for B1560. Does that mean it will protrude 45mm outside?

2. Will it be a nuisance (for other road users as well as me) while driving in the rain with water splashing?

Any clarification in this regard (especially from those who have fitted B1560s on theor Boleros) will be highly appreciated before i go ahead with the purchase.

P.S. I had posted this query in one of the existing threads a few days back. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-bolero-4.html
But it looked lost since i didn't get any reply at all. Hence this new thread.
Hope to get an answer this time.

Thanks in advance,

Torqy
Old 16th August 2007, 23:08   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Hello to All,

I'm a newbie here. I've been reading this forum for several months and i must say i've learned a lot!. The amount of info one can get here is AMAZING and it also helped me decide on a BOLERO!

I'm considering AURA B1560 alloys for my Bolero (a dealer quoted 22K for a set of 5)

1. Will the front tyre jut out of the body (mud guard)?
The Aura web site quotes a 45mm offset for B1560. Does that mean it will protrude 45mm outside?

2. Will it be a nuisance (for other road users as well as me) while driving in the rain with water splashing?

Any clarification in this regard (especially from those who have fitted B1560s on theor Boleros) will be highly appreciated before i go ahead with the purchase.

P.S. I had posted this query in one of the existing threads a few days back. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-bolero-4.html
But it looked lost since i didn't get any reply at all. Hence this new thread.
Hope to get an answer this time.

Thanks in advance,

Torqy

I think with 45mm offset it should not protrude out. Only negative or lesser offset makes the wheel to proturde. Anyway you can ask the dealer to fit the alloys and show it to you.
Old 23rd August 2007, 00:03   #3
BHPian

Thanks SN.

I picked up the B1560 alloys. They do slightly stand out (approx 2 inches) and splash dirt in rain. Now i'm trying to get some good mud flaps as a counter measure.

Old 24th August 2007, 16:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys thanks for the advice...i got a problem with my bolero...i got the stock tires and they splash dirt onto the windscreen in the rains unless i go slow in water which i usually dont...kindly help me in solving this problem.... its a 2004 bolero without 4wd....also i am from a place where the fog accumulate onto the windscreen...but bolero doesn come with a defogger...so what am i supposed to do...plz help me out
Old 24th August 2007, 18:43   #5
BHPian

Don't know about mud splashing in Bolero but you can avoid accumulation of fog by Switching on A/C continuely and keeping temperature chilled( I do it in Santro) or by a old fashioned way that came to know at Ooty from an Amby driver while on tour. Keep a cotton cloth and any ordinary toiler Soap in your car. When you anticipate heavy rain or get cought in rain, stop your car and apply a thin and transperent layer of soap on inside of glass by wiping damp cotton on Soap and then on the screen. It works..
Old 27th August 2007, 17:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

o thanks dude will have to try it. and can any of u help me kno the price of the modified bolero which mahindra have put on their site??
is it also done on existing vehicles like a kit or something??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks