Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2024, 17:09   #1

Goodyear Assurance Comforttred

Hello everyone,

I was in search of a good tyre for replacing the Michelin Primacy 3STs with 40,000 Km of wear, on my W212 E250. My first preference was the Primacy 4STs but they weren't available in Hyderabad.

After speaking with multiple dealers about my options for comfort and silence, I had pulled the trigger on Goodyear Assurance Comforttred based on extreme praise from a known dealer and a claimed 5 year unconditional warranty. I was initially hesitant but the dealer said that the comforttred is a new launch and that it uses a compound similar to Primacys, which convinced me. Here is the link to the tyres: https://www.goodyear.co.in/tyres/assurance-comforttred

While the ride seemed smoother and steering felt lighter, I must say that I was disappointed with 2 aspects:
1. Noise: The Primacys, even with 40,000km on them seemed quieter at speeds above 100kmph.
2. Vibration: I felt noticeable vibration between 100kmph and 120kmph, which I I thought was strange for a new set of tyres that were balanced. I noticed that there were at least 7 pieces of weights on the the front 2 wheels. I never noticed so may pieces when I had the primacys. Does this indicate poor quality of the tyres?

Coming to the positives, I had the opportunity to push the car to over a double ton on an empty stretch of the ORR, which the tyres handled without a fuss. Overall, the high-speed stability and cornering grip seemed to be on par with the Primacys.

I wanted to check if any of the fellow members have experience with the Comforttred tyres as I could not find any posts on it on Teambhp. I also wanted to check if the vibration is normal for new tires and if the noise would reduce after a few hundreds of KMs.

Finally, I wanted to check if there is a true alternative to the Primacys in the R17-18 segment that deliver the solid comfort and silence that Primacys do.

Thank you!
Ujwal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks