Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki SX4 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/29428-maruti-suzuki-sx4-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread.html)

Hello guys
I want to upgrade SX4 tyres it has 205/60/R/16
I am interested in 245/60/R/16

As some of the tyre experts has told me that if u go for 18 " tyres. the ride quality is not good

So what should i go for?

245/60/R/16 is really comfortable with SX4 ZXi alloy Rim?

What is the effects on Fuel Efficiency of the car?

Please help me out?

Waiting for the reply guys!!!!!1

245 is waaaay to wide for the sx4. the max you should go for even i your going to mod your car is 225/55 or 50 r16. also look at 215/50 r16 or you can just get better tyres like yokohamas or michelins and keep the stock size.

225/55 R16 would be an ideal upgrade.245/60/ R16 is way too much..

245/60/16 is a terribly wrong size.

225/50/16 is more like it on stock rims, else go for wider rims.

I would suggest sticking to 205 sized soft-compounds like the ones from Yokohama.
Stock Zxi is 205/60/16.
Rim size Upgrade : 205/55/17 or 205/50/18 or 215/55/18
Tyre width Upgrade : 215/55/16 or 225/50/16

:confused: i really see no reason why you want to upsize.the sx4 is a perfectly tired car.205/60R16 is the perfect size.i would advise you to stick to the same size but could probably shift to yokohama's or michelin's.
And fuel efficiency will drop as the contact area of the tires increases.

And your odo and speedo will have error if you change OD of the wheel.

Here are the correct upsizes for your car:

215/60-16, options available in this size are:

Michelin Pilot Primacy
Yokohama A348

225/55-16, again options are:

Yokohama ES501
Michelin Energy MXV8

I personally wouldn't recommend going above 225's on your stock rims. And as for your questions about 18" low-profile tyres, please go through this article by Rehaan to understand better:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-your-car.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by anupmathur (Post 579359)
And your odo and speedo will have error if you change OD of the wheel.

a 1 or 2 kmph error will really not make a difference.

Even i feel that there is no need to Upsize Your Tires

Already they are a beast!

alaap so which tryes did u go for?
thanks

Why do you wanna change tyres in the first place? If you are doing it for looks, you should go for low profile tyres. They bring the sidewall height down and make the alloys look bigger. You should also upsize(go for bigger alloys, wider wheels) which means spending more money. The ideal upsize for your 205/60 R16 would be 205/50 R17 or 225/45 R17. You might have to sacrifice a little bit of comfort, ride quality on our bad roads but handling and cornering abilites will improve.

Instead if you don't upsize and just increase the width of your tire without maintaining constant wheel diameter, you might get speedometer and odometer errors. Also you need to get profile tyres from reputed brands like Michelin, Yokohama, Falken, Nankang etc. Don't go for cheap brands

Till now Maruti had undertyred all their cars and for once they launched a car (SX-4) with huge tyres, infact over tyred it and still u want to upsize the tyres.....:confused:

Stock tire size is very very good for the SX4, the car sticks like it has got glue, there is no point upsizing it. Nor is there any point in changing the stock JKs as they are good enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 714335)
Stock tire size is very very good for the SX4, the car sticks like it has got glue, there is no point upsizing it. Nor is there any point in changing the stock JKs as they are good enough.

A little size upgrade would not hurt man .
A upgrade in tire manufacturer is HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended . At least if your even slightly performance oriented . Drove an SX4 briefly with S Drives-Yokohama s , really liked that.