Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2005, 15:54   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
thats because they want the E-2 models to make way for the E-3 .
the E-3 baleno will have more features.its not simply a HLL that there in an E-3 car.

i suggest u wait for the E-3 car as the resale for an E-2 will also be lesser.

and dont go for 195/55 as the change in OD will be very less adn so ur speedo rdg will be totally differnt.also ur ride ht will be reduced

WIth the scheduled price increases and the loss of the discount I'll be saving 15K at the least - which would be enough for minor mods to make up for any difference in power - And i still believe that MUL will not tamper ith the performance as to keep the car's running cost low. And with my Esteem in dire straits , getting a car ASAP is imperative so I can get my old lovergirl fixed up. - The coulour I've chosen is the Beam Blue - 2nd choice Silky Silver (I wonder who thinks of these names)

and yes - I'll go for the 195/60 GIII's - being offered for 2650 at BK Tyres, Lajpat Nagat (Delhi)
Old 16th January 2005, 17:05   #17
Team-BHP Support

dude watt did u get u re baleno lxi on road delhi for after all the discounts an everything ?
coz i m planning to go in for one !

manson .
Old 16th January 2005, 22:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
dude watt did u get u re baleno lxi on road delhi for after all the discounts an everything ?
coz i m planning to go in for one !

manson .
I'll post the exact details in the morn but as i remember

the ex showroom price in Noida (U.P) is 5.68 - total came to around 6 on road but we got some discounts :

4.5% of loan amount back (interest at 9.5% for 3 years)
free mp3/cd stereo
free cooler/warmer - kinda like a mini fridge - probably crap but nevertheless
10,000 back for taking a euro II spec made in dec 04
2200 back to match delhi pricing
1 years free insurance
2 year warranty

the total after the discounts came back to around ~5.6 again...

NOW :-

back to the rims - the ones i booked have an offset of 45 - meaning they move in - i think the originals have an offset of 40 or 38 - so ive called hindalco and asked them to change the model to one with a 40 offset - i hope they do it in time and i dont have to wait or get forced into paying for trhe wrong wheels - a i feel that with a 45 offset,, the wheels might touch the suspension on hard cornering.

so folks running 14" alloys on your balenos etc , what offset do you recommend for 195/60's - or it doesnt matter - the car will also be driven on bad roads and the usual annual jaunt to the autocross.

i've got to confirm with the chappie - doesnt even have a cell no ! so i'll call tom morn to confirm the model so need the confirmation of the rim specs....

to cap it up - the new wheels had a 45 offset but as im worried about them being too much towards the outside i'm going for 40 offset .... is that okay ? or what else is recommended....

cheers

zaphod
Old 16th January 2005, 22:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey i think 45 offset is totaly ok. i have 15" and they do not touch while cornering. so if they cannot givee you 40 offset go ahead with 45 it is perfectly fine
Old 17th January 2005, 01:50   #20
BHPian

guys i have 16'' rims on my baleno with 205/45/16 tyres and have no problems with it. it has improved the handling and stability very much , it looks awesome too.
Old 17th January 2005, 11:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeG
guys i have 16'' rims on my baleno with 205/45/16 tyres and have no problems with it. it has improved the handling and stability very much , it looks awesome too.

thats an almost perfecct OD with a diff of only 4mm.how abt pics
Old 17th January 2005, 20:03   #22
BHPian

damn 16" on a baleno - so all you guys running larger tyres and rims - , what offset rims are you using ? did you go down lower than the 40 or stayed there - i hope 45 is okay - ocnsidering that what im losing in the offset, you foklks are losing with 205 tyres , i think my rims oughta be okay
Old 17th January 2005, 20:29   #23
BHPian

i forgot - won't my track get narrowed with 45 offset rims ?

cheers

a very confused zaphod
Old 17th January 2005, 22:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
i forgot - won't my track get narrowed with 45 offset rims ?

cheers

a very confused zaphod
no not at all i am running 205/50/15 on 45 offset and they are perfect...also a friend is running similar 205/45/16 on a baleno and its also looking hot...
Old 17th January 2005, 22:33   #25
BHPian

cool - so there's no trouble with rubbing at all even with heavy loads or bad roads ?

I suppose if you can run 16" witha 45 offset , then 14" with 1 45 oughta be fine , especially with narrower tyres.

btw - how much space is there in the wheel wells of a baleno as compared to an esteem ?

cheers
Old 17th January 2005, 22:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

theres no trouble with 14" at all. and the space in the baleno is much larger than an esteem in the wheel wells. with 14" u have absolutely no worry
Old 17th January 2005, 22:53   #27
BHPian

OK confirmed then - will get the car on wednesday along with the 45 offset 14"x5" rims and 195/60 GIII's ...will post pics and initial driving impressions as soon as I can

thanks folks, you've all been a great help.

cheers

zaphod
Old 17th January 2005, 23:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

guys ,
can anyone please explain this offset funda and how it affects the handling ,ride....
Old 18th January 2005, 10:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

hey zaphod dont forget to put up the pics once u get the car.!!!
Old 18th January 2005, 11:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Positive offset is how most factory wheels are designed. The wheel center is moves the wheel closer to the vehicle, therefore moving the tire closer to the vehicle, helping to tuck it under the fenderwell. This means the wheel rotates on its axis.

Negative PicNegative offset is how most aftermarket wheels are designed. They move the center of the wheel away from the vehicle. Therefore, moving the tires away from the vehicle, and increasing the turning radius. Rather that spinning on its axis, it swings on its axis. There are several inherent flaws with this, while they may be unavoidable. Increasing the offset puts more leverage on the lugs, which means you can break them easier, but it also increases the stance of your vehicle to help keep it more stable. The swinging affect means more lift is needed to avoid rubbing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks