Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 19:10   #16
BHPian

My Indica has done around 40K on MRF Tyres but still there is some life left on those, however in last one week, there are around 3-4 punctures only in tyre. When I checked the tube, I found that the tyre was 165/65/13 and the tube was 155/60/13. I guess this is causing the trouble. Can tyre valla confirm?
Any idea in Noida, from where I can get all 5 tubes replaced with original MRF tubes?
Old 29th September 2008, 20:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

No, that shouldn't be causing the punctures. And the tube should be 155/70 not 155/60.

Just get all your tubes checked up at Tyre Shoppee, I think it's in sector 5.
Old 29th September 2008, 21:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

I was reading these old posts in this thread and have a question. Don't you guys check the inside of the tyre after a leak to ascertain the cause of the leak? I used to do this routinely in my tubed tyres. If there is a nail inside why blame the tyre? If there is no nail but just a puncture then I would seriously scratch my head and look for an answer in something else.
One reason why some of us get more than our fair share of nails is over inflation. When the tyres are too full and very taut they tend to get pricked more easily by nails.
Please enlighten me if I am making some stupid assumptions.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:22   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Don't you guys check the inside of the tyre after a leak to ascertain the cause of the leak?
Look at it this way - the repair guy will remove only one edge of the tury from the rims; and practically, it will be in his custody. We need to be very nosy and assertive to get to look at it from inside.

I mostly do outside inspection.
Old 19th November 2008, 22:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
No, that shouldn't be causing the punctures. And the tube should be 155/70 not 155/60.

Just get all your tubes checked up at Tyre Shoppee, I think it's in sector 5.
Ok. Changed tubes in all 5 tyres at Tyre Shoppe. But again one tyre was leaking and finally had 2 punctures. Again the tyre was completely clean, no nails or anything like that. It just happened.
Got this one replaced as well.

I still see thread pattern on all tyres clearly but still wonder, has the time to replace them?
Old 20th November 2008, 02:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Did you do you the coin test? Or are the tread wear indicators visible on the tyres? If yes, then yes tyre replacement is required.
Old 6th March 2009, 11:10   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Suffered sudden air loss in the Indica's front RHS tyre when in the right lane between Bargur and Kandhikuppam last night. Luckily that stretch is a 6 laner - was able to replace the flat on the left lane without affecting normal traffic and /or being run over.
Now, this happened on Feb 22nd at around 11:30 pm. My Indica runs the following tyre combination:

Front: MRF ZVTS 165/65 R13 tubed (for the last ~32000 km / August 2006)
Rear & Spare: MRF ZTX 165/65 R13 tubed (for the last ~22000 km / Jan 2007)

Since the front RHS went flat, I had to replace the flat with the spare. Conscious that the two front tyres were now running different tread patterns and had different tyre pressures (LHS 30 and RHS 28 - my spare is always kept at 28), I was extremely cautious till Hebbal since I didn't want another "incident".

After that, I didn't find the time to get the flat tyre fixed until this morning. When the gent at the "puncher" shop took the tube out, we were both

Frequent Punctures in Tubed Tyres-img088.jpg

The fronts have not had a flat in the last 32000 km. Neither have the rears in the last 22000 km.

Can somebody please help me understand how this can happen to a tube? All of a sudden? Esp. the clean cut?
Old 6th March 2009, 12:55   #23
BHPian

That is an instance of the tube 'joint' coming apart. Every tube will have this joint, in all probability you can claim replacement from MRF (i guess it's an MRF tube from the marking) Another thing, what size is this tube ?? See the area I've circled in red, this kind of 'pinching' usualy happens if you use a tube of larger size than the tyre. In some cases this 'pinch' will eventually turn into a cut on the tube.
Attached Thumbnails
Frequent Punctures in Tubed Tyres-tube.jpg  

Old 6th March 2009, 13:08   #24
BANNED

Well, the tube came with the ZVTS tyre in 2006. I didnt check the size even this morning - just left the tube there when I left. I had 3 spare JK tubes in the boot and used one of those to replace this.
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
I took the spare tyre to the puncture repair guy yesterday and he said the tube had gone bust as there was visible damage near the valve. Air was escaping from there. I asked him for OEM Good year, but he said he did not have them in his inventory. So he fitted 'Avon' tube. Is this brand ok ? As I don't want amy hassles later. Kindly advise.
Mods: I couldn't find a better thread to post this query. Please move if necessary.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks