Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 13:38   #1

Alloys - Weird suspension problem

Hi Bhpian,

I recently changed my Lancer stock wheels to Alloys with the spec 205/55/15. I am facing weird problem only on left rear side, the shock are getting compressed with a screech noise (I am not sure how many of you would have faced this, there are instances in a low road clearance cars you still face this problem when driven speedy through a bad pot hole or ditch) and this is happening only when I am driving 3 or 4 people on a wave road at high speeds or when hard on speed breaker.

Also got my shock absorbs medium stiffened (though the drive comfort is lost) still the problem persist.

Does anyone have faced this problem? Can you suggest a solution? Or is it some other problem.
Old 19th March 2008, 22:13   #2
BHPian

I had the same sort of problem with the same size tyres on my Astra.
205/55 R15. Same thing happened - left rear side - Screech sound - when on bad road or speed breaker.

Dint touch the suspension. All i did was wheel alignment and balancing and it was normal after that. Try this and post the result.

Whats suprising is that its happening on the left rear side in both our cases. I wonder why?
Old 19th March 2008, 23:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Amar, have you checked the Left rear shock to make sure that it has not failed??
Old 20th March 2008, 13:24   #4

Alloys - Weird suspension problem

I did both wheel alignment and balancing the moment I fixed my new alloys and tyres.
What is eating me up, why it is happening only when I am driving with 3 or 4 people (2 in front seat including driver and 2 at back seat)

Also checked for the condition of my shocks they are fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks