Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2005, 18:18   #1
Team-BHP Support

Tubelss vs Tube etc.,

Well with the dimensions sorted out i had a question about the type of tyre. 185, 195 etc., are available only in tubeless type. Tubeless type tires give better perfomance and are safer too, agreed but i am worried about the two things.
1. In case of a puncture it is extremely difficult to repair. the best option is to buy the repair kit and do the puncture yourself. How easy is that in practice?
2. In cities like bangalore there is a good chance of getting your rim damaged via a stray pothole. I had to replace a rim recently due to that! im straightening actually affects the strength is recommended only for small dents etc.,

So if i buy the Eagle(185/60) tubless but put a tube inside how will it affect the performance etc., I understand it will not be as good as using the tubeless tyre without tube, but will using tubeless tyre in tube mode cause some major compilications?

And there are some solutions availabe for tubeless tyres which claim to make your tyre puncture proof. Do they actually work?
Old 6th February 2005, 18:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try the link below, it's already been covered on team-bhp.

Tubeless tyre discussion

Shan2nu
Old 6th February 2005, 18:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Try the link below, it's already been covered on team-bhp.

Tubeless tyre discussion

Shan2nu
But it still does not answer wether putting in the tube lead to some serious problems and wether the usage of puncture repair kits is easy, and does the puncture sealant actually work!
Old 6th February 2005, 19:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But it still does not answer wether putting in the tube lead to some serious problems
The answer is right there, you've already said that tubed tyres don't come in 185/60 R13. So, even if you wanna put a tube in there, what size will you put?

You can fit your 165/65 R 13 tubes in there, but only under worst case scenarios, that is....if you have 2 flat tyres and, it should be used only till you reach a service station that fix tubeless tyres. I wouldn't recomend using a tube on a daily basis.

As for the sealant kit, i think you get one with the tyre itself. I dunno how effective those auto sealant fluids ar.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 6th February 2005 at 19:02.
Old 6th February 2005, 22:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

nowadays almost all tirewalahs can repair the tubeless tires.dont use the tire sealant as i was told not to use it,i dont know the exact reason .
but the activa,Dio and the unicron have these sealants.
why do you need a tube .
the rpair kit is available at the tire shop,and its easy to do it.small punctures do not require the tire to be removed from the rim.

if uyou go for alloy rims,then the problem of rims getting bent will also be solved.go for tubeless withh alloy rims.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks