Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 12:16   #1
A.R
BHPian

TVM T-BHPians - Need Help

Guys out there at TVM, need some info from you.

I was in TVM last month & happen to visit one of the car accessories shop in between my other personal work. When I spoke to the shop chap regarding alloy wheels, he said he can give me any brand, any design, 15" for 14k - a set of 5! I was surpprised & happy, 'coz in Bangalore we don't get 15" alloys for less than 18-19k.

On the tyre prices, he said 4300 - 4400 per tyre for Yokohoma ES100 & Michelin PP2, 205/50/R15 spec.

Can some one check & confirm if this is true & is ok to buy from such shops? Is yes I will plan to drive down & fix em up. (along with visiting my in laws)

BTW, this shop was on the road to TVM Engineering College from Kannamoola. Sorry, don't remember the shop name nor the street. I have been to TVM only twice & have hardly travelled outside.

Cheers,
AR
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

14k for a set of 5 15" alloys is agreat deal if he can give you something like HR, Hijoin or Lenso but it's highly unlikely given the prices in the rest of the country. Are you sure he's not pushing some no-name chinese brand ??

And tyre prices are also quite cheap.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

I doubt about the pricing. It can be either Car shoppe or Motor Plaza.
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:45   #4
BANNED

Car Shoppe if it's on the right side of the road. Motor plaza if it's on the left side.

The rims should either be very old stock, rejected pieces or the shop owner really loves you.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:01   #5
BHPian

Did you happen to mention that you are not a resident? That might have changed his pricing somewhat, though not in a good way
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:18   #6
BHPian

I think it must be some cheap chinese stuff or like zak said very old stock or rejected pieces.Most probably car shoppe or motor plaza.These are the only two shops on that way from TVM Engineering college to Kannamoola.
Old 23rd April 2008, 22:10   #7
A.R
BHPian

He showed me the alloys & one of them I remember was Plati & were fine & new ones for display. And yes I did mention I'm from Bangalore but my wife & her friend spoke in local language.

BTW have any of you guys bought wheels/tyres from these shops? If yes which brand & for what price?

I am as suprised as you all are. But when the shopkeeper himself quotes such prices....
Old 28th April 2008, 11:03   #8
BHPian

A lot of times the shop owners recycle the alloys with any defects by painting them over (Cracks etc) and they do a damn good job of it. So be careful when you pick up anything from anywhere that is selling quite below the market rate. I dont think these would be stolen alloys as the guy is offering you all 5. High likelihood that these are chinese/korean replicas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks