Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 09:35   #1
BANNED

Zen Tire – 3 puncture in 30 days

Dear Team,

Need your help, my car Zen Vxi ( Aug 2003 ) model has clocked 52,828 km, I am happy with its performance but from last month, I am facing problem in Tires , front left hand side is getting puncture very frequently. It got puncture 3 time in last 30 days, I have chked the tire it looks in good condition, threads are also in good condition, I am really worried about this, what do I do ? shd I get the tire change ( only front left tire ) which tire shd I opt ( pls suggest good brand) ? I don’t want to compromise on fuel efficiency

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Jitendra
Old 6th May 2008, 10:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Are you having a tubed or a tubeless tire. If tubed then you can change the tube which in all likely hood is old and faulty. If the tire is tubeless then you need to change the tire. It is best to change all 5 tires at the same time. If you have the money to spend go for Michelin XM1+.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:43   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jitendra.

1. As per the post above, have your tubes checked.

2. Check your parking spot. It could be that the place you park has some nails etc. left over from a construction job.

3. Are these your original tyres at 53K kms? If so, its also a good time to change all of them.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Tyres may seem good, but the rubber would have lost its property quite a bit. If they are the original set, 5 years & 53k kms is pretty much the end of their life.
Old 6th May 2008, 10:57   #5
BANNED

I have got Tubed tires, Parking lot is not the problem, unforchunately 2 times tire got puncture in Road ,

I dont have problem with other tires , i wish to change 1 or 2 tires , can i change ? if yes whish one shd get ?
Old 6th May 2008, 10:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think it is the tube's fault. Also as GTO said if these are original tires, then now is a good time to change.

Refer to the Tyre thread and you will get all the help you need. Michelin XM1's will be a good option. I just got them changed on my Xing.
Old 6th May 2008, 11:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you are tight, buy at least a pair of tyres & fit them in the front. Use 2 of the better tyres for the rear.
Old 6th May 2008, 11:09   #8
Team-BHP Support

5 year old tyres with almost 53k kms is IMO asking for trouble.

Read this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-accident.html

Its your life and its your call.
Old 6th May 2008, 11:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
5 year old tyres with almost 53k kms is IMO asking for trouble.

Read this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...-accident.html

Its your life and its your call.
Oh ho!!! There are better ways of advising ppl something than scaring the hell out of them..
Old 6th May 2008, 11:22   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

@nicejits, you seem to ignore people's remarks/query whether your tyres are original set of 5? If yes, then you need to change all 5 of them. If no, then change that one tyre and go for the same brand as the other 4.
Old 6th May 2008, 11:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
Dear Team,

Need your help, my car Zen Vxi ( Aug 2003 ) model has clocked 52,828 km, I am happy with its performance but from last month, I am facing problem in Tires , front left hand side is getting puncture very frequently. It got puncture 3 time in last 30 days, I have chked the tire it looks in good condition, threads are also in good condition, I am really worried about this, what do I do ? shd I get the tire change ( only front left tire ) which tire shd I opt ( pls suggest good brand) ? I don’t want to compromise on fuel efficiency

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Jitendra

Dear Jitendra,

Even I have faced the same problem with my zen, and that to front left side tyre, I changed my tube and now I have no problem, My advice is , change the tube. Its the punchure that ia causing the problem, even if you repair the punchure it dose lose air if your car runs over any rough surface.
Uday
Old 6th May 2008, 11:51   #12
BHPian

after 3 punctures it is better to change the tube first and also the tyre if possible as 3 punctures do not generally happen in a tyre which is normal.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:09   #13
BANNED

Thx for your replies guys ,.I am convinced that I need to change tires I am looking forward to change front two tires ( tubed one),, which brand shd i look for, what will be the cost for the same ?? I guess Tubeless tires also gets puncture out of curiosity wanted to know how much tubeless tires cost and one shd invest into to as they are also pron to puncture ?

Last edited by nicejits : 6th May 2008 at 15:14.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Recently bought 145/80/12 (I think)tubeless JKs for a zen at 1.5k a piece. The apollos are also the same but the tread pattern is sick.
Old 6th May 2008, 15:38   #15
BANNED

what is sick tread pattern ? ? pls note i don't want to compromise on FE

Last edited by nicejits : 6th May 2008 at 15:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks