Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2008, 19:25   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have no complaints with Neo's finish or quality, but they really need to get classic 3 spoke & 5 spoke designs. Some of their wheels have unnecessary *jewellery* or wear hubs that are too large. Until they get more appealing designs, I will have to keep buying imported brands from the grey market.
I 2nd that. I somehow find their designs dated in comparo to the imported one's.
Old 31st July 2008, 19:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
What do you look for when shopping around for wheels - the PCD or the wheel size?
First PCD, then wheel size. You can get hundreds of 13" wheels but if they aren't 108 PCD, that's of no use if you're looking to fit them on an Indica.
Old 31st July 2008, 19:35   #18
BANNED

There are no 13" models on the Neo site for the FIAT Palio, as their minimum PCDs start at 100!

When they state that the minimum PCD is 100 and maximum 114.3, this means that alloys for the Indica can be gotten since they have 108 PCD; however the wheel size of the Indica is 13 x 4.5J, and again, there are no models with this size.

So basically, nothing on the Neo site for both, the Indica and the Palio!
Old 31st July 2008, 19:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

hard to believe no dealer in bangalore. Their website says bellary, shimoga etc etc...!!!!
Old 31st July 2008, 19:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

Neo seems to be getting better !!!!! Lets see if they come out with "nice" designs for the indian Junta with good quality. Some of the designs are surely spot on. Will look forward to better & more !!!!!!!!

Cheers
Old 1st August 2008, 09:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
hard to believe no dealer in bangalore. Their website says bellary, shimoga etc etc...!!!!
I have ordered Neo 13" Dozen wheels for my Santro through a dealer in Bangalore (Auto Shop Koramangala). I'd get the wheels next weekend, will let you know when I get them.

I'd spoken directly to a person called Manoj @ Neo Wheels Mumbai, he arranged my talk with Auto Shop Koramangala . Let me know if you are interested and I could pass on their address to you.

He doesn't have ready stock however he will get it for you.

Cheers!
Rajiv
Old 1st August 2008, 10:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajiv.kulkarni View Post
I have ordered Neo 13" Dozen wheels for my Santro through a dealer in Bangalore (Auto Shop Koramangala). I'd get the wheels next weekend, will let you know when I get them.

I'd spoken directly to a person called Manoj @ Neo Wheels Mumbai, he arranged my talk with Auto Shop Koramangala . Let me know if you are interested and I could pass on their address to you.

He doesn't have ready stock however he will get it for you.

Cheers!
Rajiv
I am also interested in the same design. Could you post the price of the 5 set. And once you get them , if possible try to post a closeup picture of the alloys.

Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:15   #23
BHPian

I have heard that Neo sells wheels in USA, I have never seen any new wheels here.

How hard is it to sell/launch wheels from India in the states?
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
There are no 13" models on the Neo site for the FIAT Palio, as their minimum PCDs start at 100!

When they state that the minimum PCD is 100 and maximum 114.3, this means that alloys for the Indica can be gotten since they have 108 PCD; however the wheel size of the Indica is 13 x 4.5J, and again, there are no models with this size.

So basically, nothing on the Neo site for both, the Indica and the Palio!
Dear Luv,
100 pcd would fir in your palio if its 4 Holes , as the holes are big enough. Donot opt for 8 holes they wont fit as the holes are smaller .
Old 2nd August 2008, 12:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

Selling Neo wheels in the US should be as tough as selling BBS rims in India. Lol.
Old 2nd August 2008, 13:06   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Selling Neo wheels in the US should be as tough as selling BBS rims in India. Lol.
So they don't sell them in the states? Their website says they export wheels to the us for jaguars, Cadillacs etc.

Could you elaborate on your reply? thanks.
Old 2nd August 2008, 17:45   #27
BHPian

Anyone get down to weighing neo's? Comparing 12" neos to 12" stock steel wheels the neos did feel as heavy if not heavier than stock. Has anyone checked it out?
Old 2nd August 2008, 18:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I have no complaints with Neo's finish or quality, but they really need to get classic 3 spoke & 5 spoke designs. Some of their wheels have unnecessary *jewellery* or wear hubs that are too large. Until they get more appealing designs, I will have to keep buying imported brands from the grey market.
Agreed. Try buying them and one has a hard time finding anyone selling these wheels (I tried a few places in BLR and Aura is much easier to find). Also, they have very limited designs suiting a particular car (offset, PCD etc) and rim size (15" and above). When I upgraded my Lancer wheels, there was no Neo wheel rim that was 15", and had offset remotely close to what was required.

One thing I learnt during my alloy hunting is that choices are pretty limited for a particular car and rim size combo, whether its Indian or imported wheels :-( Of course, if one does not know about ET, PCD etc (I learnt a lot from this forum and tyre bible), then it may seem that there is a lot of choice.

Cheers,
Old 24th January 2010, 16:46   #29
BHPian

Hey neo wheels launched new designs in Auto expo 2010. Some of their new designs are updated on their website - Welcome to Neo Wheels Hope they will capture the market after the aura is out of market
Old 25th January 2010, 10:06   #30
BHPian

Not sure when they had their site updated, but now the wheel match section has FIAT too.

Most Viewed