Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:05   #1
BHPian

My i10's tyre pressure gets deflated very quickly.

Hi All,

I have been facing a weird issue with my i10 kappa magna. My i10 runs on stock tubeless tyres, which are Bridgestone. I drive very frequently and every week I drive close to 500 KM inclusive of highway and in city driving.

Whenever I fill petrol, I check the tyre pressure and make sure that the tyres are inflated to the prescribed limit, which is 33 psi. However I have been noticing for the past couple of months that after driving for say around 200 KMS all the four tyres gets deflated. When I check with the gauge, it shows only 30 or below for all four tyres. Does tyre pressure gets deflated that quickly? Is there anybody who owns an i10 facing similar issue? What could be the remedy? Could it be because of the tubeless tyres? Should I start contemplating to upgrade my tyres to 175/65/R13? My car’s mileage has gone down due to tyre pressure problem.
Old 2nd October 2009, 20:37   #2
BHPian

fill the air on cold tyres and try again .
Old 2nd October 2009, 23:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Though I own an i10 but I upgraded the tire+rim on delivery day. So I cannot say whether I experience the problem or not. But I can surely comment on a thing or two:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post

Could it be because of the tubeless tyres?
its definitely not due to the tubeless tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi All,

Should I start contemplating to upgrade my tyres to 175/65/R13? My car’s mileage has gone down due to tyre pressure problem.
You can definitely upgrade your tires, but that should not be the solution to this problem IMO.

Could you check your rims thoroughly and find any bends (if they exist). It can also be due to faulty valves (more probable).

Also, fill air in tires when they are COLD (run less than 1-2 kms at low speed), and fill to 33 psi (from a correctly calibrated pump), and re measure the pressure at that air pump only.
Old 3rd October 2009, 08:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
fill the air on cold tyres and try again .
[quote=blackasta;1512007
Could you check your rims thoroughly and find any bends (if they exist). It can also be due to faulty valves (more probable).

Also, fill air in tires when they are COLD (run less than 1-2 kms at low speed), and fill to 33 psi (from a correctly calibrated pump), and re measure the pressure at that air pump only.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I will fill air when the tyres are cold. Let me check this today and report it.
Old 5th October 2009, 13:21   #5
BHPian

I dont know whether this is your problem or not. I kept checking tyre pressure on my Linea at different petrol bunks /tyre shops and invariably their gauge showed a loss of tyre pressure (from 32 to between 25 and 28). I took it finally to an authorized GoodYear dealer and had the rims checked. They were fine. Was going to get the valves changed. I asked them to check the tyre pressure before changing the valves. Guess what? The pressure was between 40 and 42 on cold tyres!
So my 2 bits of advice. Please check at an authorized tyre dealer with a well calibrated gauge and see whether there really is a loss of substantial tyre pressure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks