Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 18:26   #1
BHPian

which low profile tyre with rim protector

hi friends i am going to buy a new footwear for my old honda city. i want 195/55 or 205/50 r15 cheap tyres with rim protector . I have two tyres in my mind appolo acelere and yokohama a drives but i am not sure that do they have rim protector or not.So please clear my doubts and make suggestion on some other brands. I am looking for cheaper options as going to sell car in month or two.Are those imported tyres of any use or are just craps. These imported ones are available for around 2200 without b/w.
thanx
Old 3rd October 2009, 19:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

What are "rim protectors"??
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda3938 View Post
hi friends i am going to buy a new footwear for my old honda city. i want 195/55 or 205/50 r15 cheap tyres with rim protector . I have two tyres in my mind appolo acelere and yokohama a drives but i am not sure that do they have rim protector or not.So please clear my doubts and make suggestion on some other brands. I am looking for cheaper options as going to sell car in month or two.Are those imported tyres of any use or are just craps. These imported ones are available for around 2200 without b/w.
thanx
Yokos IMO have rim protectors. My yokos (AVS ES 100 185/60R14) have rim protectors and that's there is in the specs itself.
Try the yoko / appolo websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What are "rim protectors"??
A new wheel rim protector for protecting the outer lip of a wheel rim, especially an alloy wheel rim, from damage. The inventive device includes an annular main portion having a pair of spaced apart side walls and a base wall connecting the side walls together. The side walls of the main portion define an annular channel between them which is adapted for receiving an outer lip of a wheel rim therein. An annular flange portion is extended from one of the side walls of the main portion. The flange portion is adapted for positioning between a wheel rim and the bead of a tire mounted on the wheel rim.

source : Wheel rim protector - Patent 5967212

Last edited by blackasta : 3rd October 2009 at 20:08.
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:07   #4
BHPian

rim protector is like a special layer on a tyre which is between tyre and the rim lip so that it is not damaged while hitting a pothole or in case of a sudden tyre deflation while car running
Old 4th October 2009, 07:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

regular acelere dont have rim protectors, only acelere sportz, and i dont think they are available in that size

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks