Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2005, 01:55   #1
BHPian

Tyre and Alloy wheel upgrade for Indigo marina

Looking for help from fellow BHPians for upgrade of 175/65/14 tyre and wheel upgrade

1. I think 12 spoke wheels look real neat..any clue on which brand should I go or is available in?

2. Tyre Upgrade..185/60 Prtenza - would it be a good upgrade? What do you suggest?

3. Anyone aware of good shop in Hyderabad with reasonable exchange with stock?

Thanks in advnace
Old 7th August 2005, 12:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

The tyre size you have choosen is ideal. The odo error is within 0.9% and the GC doesnt get effected too much. So go ahead.
If you read the posts on this site, people are huge fans of Potenza GIII's and I too got them based on the advise for the users on this forum. They are great tyres, however you can also look into Goodyear Eagles, GSDII and GSDIII's or Yokohomas. Although opinions on these tyres vary, but I think these tyres are much better to look at than the Potenza GIII. Rest if you are going for the alloys/tyres only for performance than go for GIII's with your eyes closed.
Old 7th August 2005, 13:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

205/50 R 15 would be an almost ideal upgrade.12 spokes do look good by i really wonder how it would look on the indigo marine.

do you want to change the rim size or leave it at 14
if you want to change it then 205/50 R 15 and if you dont the best would be 185/60 R 14.

about the shops in hyderabad i wonuldnt have any idea so some one from there should be able to help you on that.

Rev
Old 7th August 2005, 14:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
205/50 R 15 would be an almost ideal upgrade.12 spokes do look good by i really wonder how it would look on the indigo marine.

do you want to change the rim size or leave it at 14
if you want to change it then 205/50 R 15 and if you dont the best would be 185/60 R 14.

about the shops in hyderabad i wonuldnt have any idea so some one from there should be able to help you on that.

Rev
205/50/15 might be ideal as in ODO readings and GC, but 50 is too low an aspect ratio for Indian roads. Prepare yourself for a bumpy ride if you go for such low profile tyres.
Also such low profile tyres look good on Lancer, I dont think they will look good on your car.
Old 7th August 2005, 20:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
Looking for help from fellow BHPians for upgrade of 175/65/14 tyre and wheel upgrade

1. I think 12 spoke wheels look real neat..any clue on which brand should I go or is available in?

2. Tyre Upgrade..185/60 Prtenza - would it be a good upgrade? What do you suggest?

3. Anyone aware of good shop in Hyderabad with reasonable exchange with stock?

Thanks in advnace
Bought a Marina finally???

Check out the alloys on the new Indigo GSX - they look pretty good. You may be able to get it sorted out at the dealer itself...

I thought you were vaccilating between the Petra, Palio Adventure and Suzuki Swift. Quite surprised to see your post on an Indigo Marina. Fill us in...
Old 12th August 2005, 01:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Check out the alloys on the new Indigo GSX - they look pretty good. You may be able to get it sorted out at the dealer itself...

I thought you were vaccilating between the Petra, Palio Adventure and Suzuki Swift. Quite surprised to see your post on an Indigo Marina. Fill us in...
Hi Steeroid,

I was in bind between Adventure Sports vs Baleno vs Marina. First choice was adventure sports..its out as now you would know :-)

Baleno and Marina are in...I have finally moved to Marina as VFM.

I have checked with dealer...can't get Indigio SX alloys as yet with them. But I as I see it they are Neo 12 spoke alloys must not be difficult to get though no luck so far
Old 12th August 2005, 16:24   #7
BHPian

Hi,

I have booked Indigo GSX and Got to know that it dont have tubeless tyres. Dealer is ready to give me tubless without any charge. Which tyres will be good for it ? Can i got for j.p. Vectra tyres...which comes with swift ?

Last edited by amitabh_kaushal : 12th August 2005 at 16:26.
Old 12th August 2005, 19:52   #8
bhp
BHPian

potenza g III are the best bet 185/60/r14 . neo has come with some nice designs u can check them out there s one in eight spoke chrome which i am probably getting for my marina
Old 18th August 2005, 14:24   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

Hi Steeroid,

Could you please advise me for Indigo GSX ? I am getting 175/65 R14 Goodyear with this. I asked the model name but they said it will be standard one :-) you know how much they are literate abt tech specs. Anyway, i have decided to go for best tyre who give me better handeling and control with milage. Which one is the best for indigo ? Please help...thanks !
Old 18th August 2005, 19:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabh_kaushal
Hi Steeroid,

Could you please advise me for Indigo GSX ? I am getting 175/65 R14 Goodyear with this. I asked the model name but they said it will be standard one :-) you know how much they are literate abt tech specs. Anyway, i have decided to go for best tyre who give me better handeling and control with milage. Which one is the best for indigo ? Please help...thanks !
I'm not very good with footwear...post a request in the "Tyres and Wheels" section just like I did for the Safari Dicor and you'll get a lot of good advice. Shan (Shan2nu) is practically the MRF muscleman and the Michelin tireman rolled into one...
Old 23rd August 2005, 20:21   #11
BHPian

Help - suspension experts pls

Hi

I need help on raising the GC of Marian to 190-200 mm

1. Wat steps do I take?

2. Wat are the pros and cons of the options?

3. Costing?

4. Where can I get it done in Hyderabad professionally

Thanks
Old 23rd August 2005, 23:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

Obvious negative is loads of body roll on corners and bad handling....why would you want to do a 190 mm GC on a marina???
Old 23rd August 2005, 23:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
Hi

I need help on raising the GC of Marian to 190-200 mm

1. Wat steps do I take?

2. Wat are the pros and cons of the options?

3. Costing?

4. Where can I get it done in Hyderabad professionally

Thanks
A friend of mine has done this type of work on an old Toyota corolla...the method is the same as what i described in your other post....He said everything inclusive, it shouldnt cost more than 4k...

Ananth
Old 23rd August 2005, 23:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

When you space up the struts, the camber and toe will get jacked. Toe can be adjusted, but does Marina have camber adjustment?
Old 29th August 2005, 16:57   #15
BHPian

I finally got the delivery of Indigo Marina fitted it with Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/60 R14.

And new alloys...looks good, I will post pics soon.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks