Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 00:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone Select SUPER - Faridabad

About 2 months back I read about Bridgestone inaugrating Select SUPER chain of retail outlets offering 3D Alignment, Balancing, Nitrogen Filling and other related services with an Air-conditioned Customer Lounge and Free Internet access for the customers while they wait. The advertisement was about Haryana Car Care at Neelam Chowk, Faridabad in Autocar (I think).

On Saturday, I happened to be in Faridabad on an Industry Visit and en route to the Plant saw this outlet and decided to get the Tyre Rotation, Alignment and Balancing done after I finish with my Visit. The outlet I saw was the old Haryana Wheels Tyres Pvt. Ltd., the MBO belonging to the same person who owns Haryana Car Care next door (hardly 20 metres). I went to the old store, enquired about the services and got to know that the outlet featured in the magazine is nearby. Took my car there and OMG, I couldn't believe the equipment and setup I saw; the HUGE outlet is well lit, with Customer Lounge on the First floor providing you a complete view of the Shop floor down through Big windows.

The outlet has 5 3D Alignment Machines with Hydraulic Platforms, completely jack-less work. For removing the tyres for balancing, the car was placed on a smaller platform enough to lift the car from the space between front and rear wheels. Balancing done on a machine which displayed the amount of error and placed a red laser on the point where Weight is to be placed.

Post-balancing the car was brought to a full size hydraulic platform for Alignment on Hoffman 3D Alignment Machine. They also had Hunter 3D Alignment machine but it was occupied that time. The Nitrogen machine is at their old outlet, and this old outlet has two 3D alignment machines (I think both are Hunters). The old outlet does not have Hyrdaulic Platforms owing to space constraints. I suppose the Select SUPER is one of the biggest Tyre outlets in the country and their combined setup is way too huge (7 3D Alignment Machines). I haven't seen something like this in Delhi. Michelin's answer to Select SUPER is next door to Haryana Tyre guys, a huge outlet but smaller than that of Haryana Tyre.

Break-up of Charges:

Alignment- Rs.125
Balancing- Rs.180 (Rs.60 each for two wheels requiring weights and Rs.30 each for remaining two requiring plain balancing. Charges for Steel Rims is Rs.45 per tyre inclusive of weights and if no weights used than half the rate)
Camber Adjustments- Rs.150 (Rs.75 each)
Nitrogen- Rs.100 (Rs.25/tyre; got this done from old outlet)
TOTAL- Rs.555.00

Considering the charges in Delhi, these guys were inexpensive contrary to my thought of charging a fortune for running a Huge outlet with 3D Alignment and other services. I didn't check out the Customer lounge as I preferred to remain next to the car but the view of the lounge was appealing from the shopfloor.

Today I got a call from them asking about my experience, it was all appreciation about the setup and facilities with certain complaints about the mechanics who did the Camber work and the one who was assigned to remove and re-bolt the wheels. The camber guys were hammering the Nut on the brand new Hydraulic platform; what a torture to the equipment (It's hard to make the Blue Collar guys work in proper manner and more pain to see them damaging the equipment from which they earn their bread and butter) and the other guy was a bit uneasy with me standing next to the car and with great deal of irritation told me that he knows his job. Later, I caught his mistake when he was re-bolting the tyre on the front which was supposed to be bolted to the rear. Prior to removal, the tyres were numbered and this helped me to realise this mistake of his. The lady on the phone was very considerate and listened patiently; such a change in tyre industry is welcomed and I recommend this store to fellow BHPians in particular my mates in Delhi who've been looking for a Good center for Nitrogen, Alignment and Balancing.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2009, 01:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Umm - check out T mart in gurgaon, next to galaxy hotel, nr 32nd milestone.

Going there since 6 months. Does it all for 340 bucks (never bothered with nitrogen).

how has nitrogen helped so far?
Old 28th November 2009, 17:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great Deal at T Mart; shall try it sometime. By the way, what all does this figure include?

The only tangible benefit of Nitrogen till date has been no (or negligible) loss of air pressure. I remember during Summers, the tyres suffered surge in air pressure due to which the ride was bumpy and BHPians suggested Nitrogen as a solution. Even though normal air is made up of 70% Nitrogen but pure Nitrogen is supposed to counter pressure variations due to climatic conditions. Winters are here now, so won't be able to analyse pressure increase of summers but lets see how long does the pressure last at a driveable level.

Last edited by tsk13 : 28th November 2009 at 17:10.
Old 28th November 2009, 18:17   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Anywhere in Mumbai that they have this 3D alignment setup?
Old 28th November 2009, 20:18   #5
BHPian

I've seen a 3D aligner at Premji's at Mahim, IIRC it's a John Bean machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks