Team-BHP - Aircheckers by Petes- Show tyre pressure by valve cap
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Aircheckers by Petes- Show tyre pressure by valve cap (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/7052-aircheckers-petes-show-tyre-pressure-valve-cap.html)

Hi, Guys,

Anybody has purchased /used pete's Aircheckers,

By what I could gather from Advert in Aug issue of Overdrive is that these are valve caps with colored indicator. on Normal pressure they will indicate green. On abnormal pressure they will turn red.

So no more checking of pressure with manul gauge.

My main worry is that to get the pressure this devbice must be in contact with air inside the tube . That means the tire non retun valve remains pressed continuously. What happens if the cap becomes loose. Also what is the impact on the NRV over long time as it may damage the spring and then when u remove the cap the air will leak out

Here is the advert.

its pretty expensive too... heard its around 400 bucks per cap...... and it might easily be pinched off.

The air checkers are a replacements for your valve caps, thats how they detect the air pressure, presently available in ratings of 26, 28 and 30 psi. And yes youre right about the indication it shows green when its full air pressure and moves to yellow and red as and when the tire pressure decreases.

Also each set comes with a locking nut to prevent theft which can be opened with a special small wrench provided with the kit and can be fixed into your car's keychain.

Costs Rs.595 for a set of four pieces.

Cheers~

Arush

here is my queries to the company and their officail reply
-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Anil,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please find enclosed the clarifications to your doubts

1) You are right they change colour depending on the air pressure in your tyre and also depending on the Psi of your Airchecker

2) They are made for fixed pressures. They come in ranges from 26 PSI to 60 PSI. Depending on the car you drive and the tyre you use you need to buy the

one that suites you. In your case it is the 30 PSI Airchecker

3) The Airchecker stays Green until there is a drop of 3 to 4 Psi when it turns yellow and then a further drop of 3 to 4 psi will make it green. In your

case when you use the 30 PSI Airchecker it will turn yellow at around 26-27 Psi and it will turn RED at around 22-23 PSI.

4) The MRP in Mumbai is Rs 620/set including the locking nuts.

5) Just call Mr. Lalit @ 9820289737. He will help you

REG YOUR MAIN WORRY.

You are perfectly right in that the non return pin has to be pressed continuously for the Air pressure to be shown on the Airchecker. There is no reason why the cap should get loose if you have tightened it well and in any case once it gets loose the NRV in your tyre just seals the air like normal. And since the spring is kept pressed throughout nothing can happen to it. It is not moving at all. Hope this clears your doubts,

We have arranged to courier a set of the brochures to you,

Regards

Sumathi

Customer Services

Pete's Performance Products

The International Hotel

P B No-3563, M G Road

Cochin - 682035

Ph: +914842382006

Fax: +914842384755

www.petes.in

-----------------------------------------

My question to them

Dear Sir,

I would appreciate if u furnish following information on aircheckers. I got the email from AUG Overdrive issue.

1. Functionality - I presume they change color according to different pressure

2. Are they made for fixed pressure or settable by consumer

3. This is meant for Santro ( recommended pressure on Eagle 3 Goodyear tubeless is 30 PSI) So what is the differential /hysterics beyond which it will change color ( e.g. +- 2 PSI)

4. What is the MRP

5. How can I procure the same in Navi Mumbai.

My main worry is that to get the pressure this device must be in contact with air inside the tube . That means the tire non return valve remains pressed continuously. What happens if the cap becomes loose. Also what is the impact on the NRV over long time as it may damage the spring and then when u remove the cap the air will leak out

One more query. Is wheel balancing required .

if yes does that mean that when u remove the indicator for spme reason u have to rebalance the wheel

hi all,i have been using these aircheckers in my accent crdi for the past few months.bought them for around 900+ including the safety lock.i must say i am not too sure about your query of long term safety.guess pete can answer those better.but what i thought was that it is much better than the digital pressure checker i had which used to give regular wrong results.no need to worry with this as it gives a daily monitoring of pressure and one has to check it only when it goes to the yellow zone

Me too using aircheckers ... Its a brilliant product.. Specially with the new gen cars as wrong air pressure can cause all sorts of hazards including high wear and tear ... Its much better than hiting the fuel stations to check air where the gauges are not at all calibrated ... I dont see any long term wrongs with this product ... its just like a normal value cap with a pressure guage ... Doesnt weigh too much either so there is no hassle about balancing involved... You have to balance tyre only when u feel wobble in the car and advised at every 5000 km..

Sorry for the delay guys for this reply. Guess I was not subscribed to this thread.

That is right, you needn't balance your tyres just because you have put on the Aircheckers but the next time you do balance your tyres do it with the Aircheckers ON so that you can perfect your balance. The weight is really negligible anyways.

Good to know you guys really like the product. It is a world class high quality product and we intend to keep our products that way.

Rgds,

Peter

and for a santro, how much would it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
and for a santro, how much would it cost?

Give me your number.I'll call.

Hey Turbo,

Do you have any performance products for a Opel Swing.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by turboindia
Sorry for the delay guys for this reply. Guess I was not subscribed to this thread.

That is right, you needn't balance your tyres just because you have put on the Aircheckers but the next time you do balance your tyres do it with the Aircheckers ON so that you can perfect your balance. The weight is really negligible anyways.

Good to know you guys really like the product. It is a world class high quality product and we intend to keep our products that way.

Rgds,

Peter

Hi peter... Could you list the mrp of the air checkers for an Indica... and is it prone to getting stolen.. the last thing i'd want is someone to steal it after having spent a considerable amount on an air cap... and it is highly accurate, compared to digital pressure checkers...?

Please let me know where I can get one in Chennai... or a way in which i can get it directly from you..

Thanks

AK

Is this thread dead??? Hellow, pete???

I am sorry for the delay,

The MRP for a set of Aircheckers in Chennai are Rs 595. These include a set of locking nuts which answers your other question.

You can contact Dreams Auto - 04428226358

Thanks much! will call up the dealer you've recommended...