Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 15:08   #1
BHPian

Tyres for Superb??

hi,
This is for my friend who is not internet savy, he has bought a new superb 1.8tsi & doesnt like the good years that come with the car, the dealer has offered him briggestone Sports Tourer MY-01 tyres, never heard of them at all, he is hardly paying for the swap, he is paying ard 5k i think for the swap,
he doesnt want to spend much on tyres any suggestion about these my01? or can he go for another tyre? michelin out of the question cause he wont pay that much for the exchange, he is a very calm driver but has fun once in a way, any suggestions for tyres or opinions about the bridgestones will be good.

Thanks..
Old 12th February 2010, 18:00   #2
BHPian

As far as I know the My-01 is an entry level tyre by Bridgestone developed to compete with lower cost alternatives. I would at best rate it at par with the Yoko A drives but I think he'd still be better off compared to the stock Goodyears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
hi,
This is for my friend who is not internet savy, he has bought a new superb 1.8tsi & doesnt like the good years that come with the car, the dealer has offered him briggestone Sports Tourer MY-01 tyres, never heard of them at all, he is hardly paying for the swap, he is paying ard 5k i think for the swap,
he doesnt want to spend much on tyres any suggestion about these my01? or can he go for another tyre? michelin out of the question cause he wont pay that much for the exchange, he is a very calm driver but has fun once in a way, any suggestions for tyres or opinions about the bridgestones will be good.

Thanks..
Old 12th February 2010, 20:21   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually, the MY-01 is a very nice tyre. It isnt low end by any means....

Berj, my suggestion would be a Conti CPC2. If not that, then look at something like the S drives or A Drive R1. The A drive R1 from Yoko is the entry level tyre in that size from Yoko.

Pirelli P6s should be good. P7, I have no idea.
Old 12th February 2010, 20:25   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Berj- I have swapped the tyres on both my Superb 1.8TSi due to the shitty NCT5s. Got Primacy LC in one and A Drive R1 on the other. I suggest your friend goes down to Saifee and does a swap on delivery day itself as I did the same and swapped all 5 tyres for Yoko A Drive R1 at a price of 4000rs total ! They are far better than the NCT5s and at par or maybe a little better than the more expensive Michelins.
Old 13th February 2010, 04:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Actually, the MY-01 is a very nice tyre. It isnt low end by any means....

Berj, my suggestion would be a Conti CPC2. If not that, then look at something like the S drives or A Drive R1. The A drive R1 from Yoko is the entry level tyre in that size from Yoko.

Pirelli P6s should be good. P7, I have no idea.
Hmmn, wonder why no discussions on the my01, i guess they should be good, the octavia rs useto come with pirelli p6 i think so the p7 should be good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Berj- I have swapped the tyres on both my Superb 1.8TSi due to the shitty NCT5s. Got Primacy LC in one and A Drive R1 on the other. I suggest your friend goes down to Saifee and does a swap on delivery day itself as I did the same and swapped all 5 tyres for Yoko A Drive R1 at a price of 4000rs total ! They are far better than the NCT5s and at par or maybe a little better than the more expensive Michelins.
Will tell him about this deal, where is saifee located? i guess he wont go for the yokos as he will prefer the bridgestone brand name, he isnt much of an enthusiast so he hasnt heard of brands like yokos
will tell him abt the yoko r1s though, howcome the michelin are on par with the yokos, the primcay lc i think are very expensive..
Old 13th February 2010, 11:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Berj - Do remember the MY-01 is not officially available in India, its a grey market import.
Old 14th February 2010, 13:22   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Berj - Do remember the MY-01 is not officially available in India, its a grey market import.
Yes the dealer made it clear about that, what are the disadvantages?
anyways tyre guys dont give much warranty in india & blame it on our bad roads if anything happens
Old 15th February 2010, 13:39   #8
BHPian

is bad to get a grey market tyre??
Old 15th February 2010, 13:58   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I would avoid it. You would save a few hundred bucks at the most and after spending 20+ lakhs on a car, this is a drop in the ocean.

See, official tyres are inspected and have met certain quality standards. Cant say the same about Grey market tyres.

There are also chances of fakes. I would stay away from grey market imports.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks