Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 16:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Can I fit 15 inch wheels in Indica/Indigo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumargandharva View Post
By MISTAKE, I got the Indigo's wheels upgraded to 175/65 R15!!!

What negatives would be there because of it?

Can I live with it now?
Are you saying you changed your stock wheels to 15" (stock wheels on the Indigo are 14") and then went on to change the tyres to 175/65 R15?
If so, I would suggest you change your tyres ASAP. The size difference between stock wheels/tyres, and the ones you have fitted right now, is well over the permitted 3% tolerance margin.

However, if the tyres you fitted are 175/65 R14, then the size is perfectly correct - it is the stock size.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 6th December 2011 at 16:12. Reason: Grammatical errors
Old 25th September 2014, 16:16   #17
BHPian

New rubber for my 2008 INDIGO LX

HI Guys

This is my first post since getting my membership approved
I have been revving around in my brothers 2008 Indigo LX (sedan) and need your help in replacing the tyres (tubeless) on the black beauty.
The car still has its original manufacture provided tyres and i am looking to change them in mumbai.
The issue is that i live in an area where the roads still havn't been laid with tar. And it doesn't seem like the BMC plan to tar the road within next couple of years either
So there's a lot of mudding around and hence need the rubber to handle some abuse. I am looking for your advice as to which brand should i go for. The car carries 3 people, at most 4 and does monthly
about 500 kms and occasional highway runs. I am looking to spend under 20Gs on them.
Also i will be waiting until December to do the changing and my spare tyre has almost given way/ there are cracks and the edges have hardened . is it possible to put a tube in the spare tyre and keep in case of emergency/ puncture
PS: Mods please move as you fell appropriate

Mod Note: Congrats on your new membership- please be sure to SEARCH the forums before starting a thread and ensure that you post in the correct section as well. Have moved your post to a relevant thread.

Last edited by noopster : 25th September 2014 at 19:15. Reason: Refer mod note inline
Old 26th September 2014, 16:25   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: New rubber for my 2008 INDIGO LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
The issue is that i live in an area where the roads still havn't been laid with tar. And it doesn't seem like the BMC plan to tar the road within next couple of years either
So there's a lot of mudding around and hence need the rubber to handle some abuse. I am looking for your advice as to which brand should i go for. The car carries 3 people, at most 4 and does monthly
If you're looking for rough & tough tyres on a budget, check out Apollo Acelere. I've tried them out on a couple of review cars and have been pleasantly surprised. They're no Michelin Pilot Sports, yet very decent for rubber from an Indian brand. Good grip.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 16:55   #19
BHPian

Re: New rubber for my 2008 INDIGO LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you're looking for rough & tough tyres on a budget, check out Apollo Acelere. I've tried them out on a couple of review cars and have been pleasantly surprised. They're no Michelin Pilot Sports, yet very decent for rubber from an Indian brand. Good grip.
Thanks a TON GTO, will check them out..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks