Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 21:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Usually how many Kms do tyres last if they are rotated properly? I know it would depend on road conditions, driving style etc etc, but can anyone give me a general idea??

Regards
AFAIK - around 30 - 40k (with rotation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Generally, 30 - 40k kms. Take my eg. I continued on stock tyres till upto about 48 K kms. Then I changed. My wife drives it in the city and me on the highway once every 6 months. I really depends on the brand, the style of driving and road conditions. Frankly, I am sure my tyres would have lasted more if I had not touched the vehicle. But thats not what a T-bhpain does, now does he ?
Lolz, burn thy rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
27K is too low for the tyres to be in the shape they are in. But yeah, depends on the style of driving and the road conditions.

The Goodyears on my Palio 1.6 (and I have done Mumbai -Pune almost every month + Mumbai - Goa on one occasion) are in much much better shape @31K kms.
This car was with my folks and they only gave it to the service center & by the looks of it, i doubt if they every rotated the tires. The spare tyre has much more tread left. Will try to post clean pics.

FYI - I am planning to get them replaced ASAP.

These tires sell as a scrap ?? how much ??
Old 18th June 2010, 23:01   #17
BHPian

and i got michelins XM1+ today

4 tires + wheel balancing + wheel alignment (complimentary) + nitrogen filling = 11200/-

Size = 150/70/13R (stock)

Called Nikhil yesterday, over a short but to the point conversation, nikhil advised to retain OEM size and XM1+ eyes closed.

Went today around noon (madhus at langford road), informed the gentlemen (beard guy) about my requirements - surprisingly they were waiting for me. He took a slip out with details of what is required (again surprising) and confirmed if thats what i want - i nodded, keys handed over to the folks there.

I must say, those guys are quick, very fast. In no time they had all 4 tires installed. I was suggested to keep the best of the old tire as spare, turns out that there is only 1 tire out of 5 old tires that fit the bill.

Got 100rs back for all the 4 tires as they were perfect to join the scrap family.

I had done the wheel alignment last Friday so since it had not crossed 1000kms, Nikhil arranged for the alignment to be compli.

11200 rs later, reversed the car, took it on the road - immediate feeling was that the car is gliding over the road. As if someone has placed cushions underneath. As of now, the tires give a secure feeling which is good.

Hope to test them on highway soon - yummy

Thanks to Nikhil and his staff for an awesome service provided. I would definitely recommend them.
Old 19th June 2010, 00:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

^ congrats the tyres would be great on the highways, your next trip would be fun
Old 19th June 2010, 00:32   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The Yokohama db on my Elantra CRDi have almost worn till the TWI now, the car has done 45,000kms on these tires. The previous Yokohama ES-100 wore out by mid 30k kms.
Old 21st June 2010, 17:57   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^ congrats the tyres would be great on the highways, your next trip would be fun
already tested these tyres on highway and it was fun. I touched max 140 and the car felt stable / planted / confident. Earlier, when on 140, when the ride became super smooth, i thought wow it feels great - now lets see the odo. The odo was showin 140

I am impressed by the way the car feels now, very confident indeed.

PS: I need a filter now for my spark
Old 21st June 2010, 18:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

JK Vectras lasted 50K kms and were not too bad. Got them changed nevertheless since grip on loose gravel on roads was triggering ABS frequently during braking.
Old 21st June 2010, 19:10   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the new set of rubber Quadra ! With the rains coming up, good you took the decision to change to a new set.

Btw, why did you stick with the stock size ? IMO, you could have gone wider say at least 175 ?
Old 21st June 2010, 20:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
JK Vectras lasted 50K kms and were not too bad. Got them changed nevertheless since grip on loose gravel on roads was triggering ABS frequently during braking.
Question - do tires wear faster when you drive more on cities / highways ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Congrats on the new set of rubber Quadra ! With the rains coming up, good you took the decision to change to a new set.

Btw, why did you stick with the stock size ? IMO, you could have gone wider say at least 175 ?
Thanks nirmal. The next up-size was michelin XM1+ 165/65/13. Even though it CAN fit on the OEM rim, its advisable to increase the rim size to one step ahead.
I too wanted to go wide but nikhil suggested to keep stock coz of the tire size to rim width compatibility. Moreover, i didnt had the budget to buy wider rims.

...and yeah, i am yet to test it during rainy season. On dry highway, they perform good (i wish the car had more power )
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

^ I feel wear is more on highways. I guess it depends on the surface and driving style. City I guess speeds are lower so tyres should last longer

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks