Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2016, 00:05   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp View Post
Are you running the stock size or have you upsized?
Stock size only, didn't want to risk any changes to the driving feel or suspension although a 185 section upgrade (+10 mm) wouldn't have made much of a difference. The ride quality evidently improved since the change from stock Goodyears, a massive difference. It was also the most value for money tyre available though that wasn't what I was looking for but a happy coincidence.

In terms of plush ride and grip though, XM2 is the absolute tops - only that its sidewall isn't stiff enough, I pushed and tested the sidewall rigidity of XM2, Continental CC3 and Earth-1 and Earth-1 was the stiffest of all 3. This is because the E1 has a double-ply rubber construction compared to others and I wanted something like that as its more reinforced to handle the torturous Indian roads.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 13:00   #107
BHPian

Need to buy a new set of tyres for Getz
175/70 R13

I previously had Bridgestone which lasted around 58K kms. I tyre kept as spare now
Next came Michelin XM1+ which lasted around 58K kms again but I had one tyre bursting on the expressway 2 days ago

Car is already 116000 kms driven and I dont know if Ill be keeping it for more than a year. So looking for not so premium tyres.

Went searching for Apollo, but didnt find a dealer. Mostly dealers kept Bridgestone (Rs. 4000), Yokohama (Rs. 3800)

Would Apollo Amazer or MRF be cheaper but still decent quality?
Old 6th June 2017, 13:26   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Need to buy a new set of tyres for Getz
175/70 R13

I previously had Bridgestone which lasted around 58K kms. I tyre kept as spare now
Next came Michelin XM1+ which lasted around 58K kms again but I had one tyre bursting on the expressway 2 days ago

Car is already 116000 kms driven and I dont know if Ill be keeping it for more than a year. So looking for not so premium tyres.

Went searching for Apollo, but didnt find a dealer. Mostly dealers kept Bridgestone (Rs. 4000), Yokohama (Rs. 3800)

Would Apollo Amazer or MRF be cheaper but still decent quality?
Please go ahead with Yokohama Earth 1. Good tires and cheaper than Michelin and Bridgestone.
Kindly do NOT compromise on safety. You still plan to drive around for a year.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:21   #109
BHPian

Apollo Amazer or MRF ZVTS are the best possible for a Standby car. They are economical and lasts forever for your expected mileage. But Bells and whistles like less noise or superior grip etc. They will do what a tyre is expected to do.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 10:58   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
Apollo Amazer or MRF ZVTS are the best possible for a Standby car. They are economical and lasts forever for your expected mileage. But Bells and whistles like less noise or superior grip etc. They will do what a tyre is expected to do.
Thanks guys. I settled with Apollo Amazer XL - 175/70 R13 (82 T)
In a few months it's going to be used as a backup car for intra-city commutes only, so I didn't see a point in buying the best rated tyres. Got them for Rs. 3500 a piece with fitting, wheel alignment and balancing all included. Also got a buyback of Rs. 100 per tyre for the outgoing Michelins
Old 28th August 2023, 02:50   #111

Reviving Getz 'tyre options'

I sourced 4x Vauxhall CorsaE steel wheels. They are a 'special design' (Called 'structured') because the steel spoke configuration is masked by plastic 'clip-on-trims' that give an impression of "Alloy Wheels". They are 15x6 size, ET39 and come 4x100 stud pattern.

The centre bore is larger than stock Hyundai, so 'spigot rings' must be used to ensure true centrality. They fit very well, fill the arches to give the Getz a bit of 'shoulder weight', in its stance.

My wheels were well used and needed some rim damage knocking out, then shot blast & zinc base primer. I painted them myself, aerosols of RAL4004 Claret. The backface was painted with a metal base 'black matte' finish. Something to think about (if anyone is working on these old birds).

tooSavvy
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20230806_105645.jpg  

Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20230810_101449.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 31st August 2023 at 22:07. Reason: Spacing, non-forum characters
Old 4th October 2023, 17:27   #112

With my GM 15x6 steel wheels, and 185/60-15 tyres... I have a slight track increase and this is causing road dirt to get splashed up the wing/door shut area.
I have fitted these very neat 'mudflaps' (.. very 1960s) using the existing wheel arch liner screws.

Works extremely well....
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20231002_112337.jpg  

Hyundai Getz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20231002_110141.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks