Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 20:46   #1
BHPian

DIY : Painting my Mondeo wheels black

As I sat through listening to the guy who was personally congratulated by Bill Gates, I started to wonder if what he said had any truth in it. According to him humans have infinite potential. He believed in the saying “If you want something with all your heart then the entire universe conspires to help you achieve it”. Was it true? It looked like this guy knew what he was speaking yet this stuff seemed so unrealistic!

As I stared back into the parking lot to look at my sweetheart and give my confused brain some rest I noticed she was the dirtiest car in the lot, yet she managed to put a smile on my face and put my troubled mind at peace. I realized it was time I did something for her in return for what she had done for me for the greater half of two years.

As soon as I got back home I got working. After rejecting hood pins, red parking leds and custom IR night vision system I settled for stripes and black alloy as a thank you gift for my sweetheart aka ZAZER. Well now everything seemed to fall in place expect for one small thing, my a/c balance was showed Rs200. Now it was time I put my faith in my professors words i.e“ the entire universe conspires to help you achieve what you want with all your heart”. After putting my faith in there I started working on the colour and the designs for the alloys and the stripes. The minute I get done with them I get a call from my dad who to my surprise says he`s put extra money in my a/c. (It obviously wasn’t for zazer but it was for the ayodhya verdict bandh). Before he could finish advising me to use the extra money judiciously I was off to JC Road to get cans of spray paint and the stripes which I had been craving for since the past hour. In a couple of hours I was back home, but with me I carried three cans of black paint, one can of red paint and a striped zazer.

It had been just over eight months since I had painted the alloys white but I was soon bored of it and it was time to move on from the sporty look to the mafia look. Next day, early morning at around seven in the morning I started with the front wheels, blocking my lane traffic for over 15mins. Next I went through the usual process of cleaning the alloys with water, pril, degreaser, then evened it with a wet sand paper and then finally wiped it dry. The next step included covering the alloy edges with newspaper and taping one of the spokes with a white tape. Learning from my previous mistakes I slowly sprayed the black paint from a distance of 30 cms in a straight end to end motion. Now I covered the rim again with newspaper and tape leaving the taped spoke uncovered. This was painted red to give the final touches to the “killer mafia” look. The whole process went on till 12:45 in the night but this time it was easy compared to last time (can be found in herehttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...my-alloys.html ) because I had my own spanner to open my wheel nuts hence I did not have to run to the tyre shop after painting each alloy, also my better half helped me a bit more , apart from that she made yummy food and got me a DBC from corner house.
Finally the day after, I woke up early with half my sleep still incomplete. As I walked out into the balcony I could see the sun rays glistening over zazer in the early morning dew and that was the moment when I realized that the sweat, time and cash spent was well spent.

Enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think!

DIY : Painting my Mondeo wheels black-dsc_0213.jpg
DIY : Painting my Mondeo wheels black-dsc_0212.jpg
Name:  vlcsnap2010100720h34m45s6.png
Views: 2980
Size:  683.4 KB
Name:  vlcsnap2010100720h36m23s5.png
Views: 3042
Size:  503.5 KB
DIY : Painting my Mondeo wheels black-dsc_0223.jpg
DIY : Painting my Mondeo wheels black-dsc_0221.jpg
DIY : Painting my Mondeo wheels black-dsc_0132.jpg
zazer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2010, 07:22   #2

OOh that does look nice. Good Going there. Also, you need a sticker on that Red stripe now. Think well before you put anything though.
Old 8th October 2010, 08:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Looks good. Some better daylight pics (side angle) would do justice to your DIY.
Old 26th October 2010, 00:57   #4
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply. Been caught up with work lately, will post daylight pics ASAP after I get her cleaned Btw Cyprus I dont understand the sticker part ! And thank you folks for appreciating
Old 30th October 2010, 11:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

You have done a great job Zazer.

The alloys looks awesome. Yes, it's absolutely a drool material. I'm eagerly waiting for high resolution pictures.

Always wear your seatbelt and drive safe.

Amith

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks