Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 11:04   #1
BHPian

Where to purchase high performance tyres?

I am looking for a tyre shop in MUMBAI (south preferably) that sells good imported tyres for 16 inch rims. I need something better that the stock Bridgestone Turanza's that came with the car. Any advice? If I could get a hold of Bridgestone Potenza's or Michelin Pilot Sports, that woult be ideal.
Old 9th December 2005, 11:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi Idnani,

I have PM'd you contact details of "International Tyres", at opera house.
They are knowledgable guys who have been in the business for a long time.

cya
R

ps "Note from Moderator" - In the future please post in ONLY ONE SECTION, and not cross-post.
Thanks & Welcome to TBHP.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th December 2005 at 11:50.
Old 9th December 2005, 14:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
ps "Note from Moderator" - In the future please post in ONLY ONE SECTION, and not cross-post.
Thanks & Welcome to TBHP.
Rehan, Thank you for the lead on that. I will definately be checking in with that shop. Also, I apologize for the double posting, its just that I am new to this board and was not sure where to post, with there being so many sub sections.

Wow I am pretty amazed that I can purchase the Eagle GS-D3's in Mumbai. What is the approx price per tyre on that for a 16 inch rim (just a ballpark figure)?

Without doubt, the Eagle GS-D3 is the best street tyre that money can buy. I have used pretty much every performance tyre out there, from the Potenza RE050A (which I have right now), SO3's, Original Pilot Sports and the new Pilot Sports 2 (which I would say are right behind the GSD3's) and my conclusion is that the wet and dry traction of the GSD3's are just amazing (not that the others are bad but a relative statement).

Last edited by idnani : 9th December 2005 at 14:04.
Old 9th December 2005, 18:36   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnani
Rehan, Thank you for the lead on that. I will definately be checking in with that shop. Also, I apologize for the double posting, its just that I am new to this board and was not sure where to post, with there being so many sub sections.

Wow I am pretty amazed that I can purchase the Eagle GS-D3's in Mumbai. What is the approx price per tyre on that for a 16 inch rim (just a ballpark figure)?

Without doubt, the Eagle GS-D3 is the best street tyre that money can buy. I have used pretty much every performance tyre out there, from the Potenza RE050A (which I have right now), SO3's, Original Pilot Sports and the new Pilot Sports 2 (which I would say are right behind the GSD3's) and my conclusion is that the wet and dry traction of the GSD3's are just amazing (not that the others are bad but a relative statement).
Hey Idnani,

You can get the GS-D3 in 225/50/16 size for approx 7k. Also try Saifee Tyres, Annand Tyres and Bombay Tyres all located in Santacruz for other brands. They offer some of the best rates in town far cheaper than International Tyres.

Viper
Old 10th December 2005, 01:06   #5
BHPian

Sounds good, I will check with all these shops. If International tyres are not too much more, it might be worth the convinience as they are down south.

Will I have a problem putting the 225/50 16's on my stock accord rims. I believe the OE stock tyres are 205/60 16 on the accord (4 cyl), correct me if I'm wrong.

I know that going up one size is within the safe limits, like if stock is 205, then doing 215 is no problem but 225, wonder how safe that will be. I have seen a rim roll of a tire on a civic at an autocross, during hard cornering. That rice boy had way too wide a tire for his skinny factory rims. I dont want to see this happen to me, especially on the dangerous turn in's which our highways demand.

Also does anyone know what other tyres are availavle (that are comparable to the GS-D3's)? Can I get Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's or Bridgestone Potenza SO'3 or RE050A? The entire turanza lineup are crap, and out of the question.

Last edited by idnani : 10th December 2005 at 01:09.
Old 10th December 2005, 03:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yokohama Advan Neova and BFG Comp-TA for dry grip, Not sure if you can find them in India. I have Pilot sports...they are nice but too pricey.
Old 10th December 2005, 08:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey Idnani

If ur stock tyres are 205/60-16 n you upgrade to 225/50-16 will cause a speedo error which is not recommended....
Ideal size would be 225/55-16 or 215/60-16....

KP
Old 10th December 2005, 15:24   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

The accord V6 comes with 205/60R16 and the correct upsize would be 215/55R16 i guess.
You can try PAL tyres in Lamington Road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks