Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2005, 17:45   #1
Team-BHP Support

Puncture, help!

I think my tubeless tyre is punctured.
Simple question, but complex problem. you see, that my tubless tyre used to lose air slowly, and the valve has been replaced twice. But it continues to lose air slowly. Very slowly. When I fill air after 3 weeks, my other tyres have come down to about 28-29psi from 32 psi, this one has come down to 14-15psi.

Now such slow rate of air leak means a very very very tiny puncture or the valve. Valve has been replaced twice. I could have been very unlucky and gotten bad valves twice, but the other option scares me, a very tiny undetectable puncture. What to do fellas. Such slow rate of air escape is impossible to catch. SO what to do. Will putting in those puncture proof solutions help(I heard they are good for minor leaks). Where can I get them in Noida?
Old 25th December 2005, 00:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Years ago a friend had a similar problem with tyre. He took it to a local tyre place and they took the wheel off the car pumped it up and put it in water to determine where the leak was. They found a few bubbles coming and marked the area, took the tyre off the rim and found a small metal pin in the tyre. Took it out done a repair and he did not have the same problem again.

It may be a case of the valve being faulty or sometimes the tyre does not seat properly on the rim. The proper tyre palces have a solution which they can put around the rim before putting the tyre on so it is seated properly.
Old 25th December 2005, 03:32   #3
Max
BHPian

hi, i also have same problem with one of my tyre and i fill air in it every week. will try getting it checked with puncture repair shop again.
Old 25th December 2005, 07:02   #4
BHPian

this not a big prob just go to any good tyre shop which repairs tubeless its still a bit tough sometimes to find a nice shop for such small job i use to take my car all the way to khan market from gurgaon to get the tyre repaired so u can either go to khan market or lajpat nagar (near def. col. fly over) dont know much about noida.

and u can also try those puncture proof sol. coz as u say it can be a very minor leak that sud hold....

tc

Last edited by Vikas Mawandia : 25th December 2005 at 07:03.
Old 25th December 2005, 07:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Will putting in those puncture proof solutions help(I heard they are good for minor leaks). Where can I get them in Noida?

u can get it in bharat petrol pumps where there r those shell shops(In & Out
) again one is near moolchand fly over & other1 on lodhi road...........
Old 28th December 2005, 14:34   #6
BHPian

check for puncture first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikas Mawandia
u can get it in bharat petrol pumps where there r those shell shops(In & Out
) again one is near moolchand fly over & other1 on lodhi road...........
I had the same problem with the Goodyear Eagles on my OHC and tried changing the valves thrice. Still every week the pressure would go down by 4/5 psi. I finally got the delaer to remove the wheel and immerse it in water completely and we found tiny bubbles coming from the valve. They had to replace the valuve and that solved it.

My advice is to get the tyre checked completely before you try the solution as it might not work if your valves were faulty.
Old 28th December 2005, 17:21   #7
BHPian

This brings up a question...

Assuming the leak is from a pin-prick sized puncture that is located, what next?

Do we nevertheless stick the thick 'needle' that is provided with a tubeless repair kit and thread the hole with the sealing strip (for want of a better word)? Has anyone ever experienced the sealing kits that work on the basis of filling the tyre with a sealing fluid?
Old 30th December 2005, 12:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

guys ...last weekend i put my car into a pothole becasue of which my front left (only 1000kms)has got a puncture...but now i see that the tear is on the side wall ...so is there anyway that this can be repaired...

also from the impact ..my rear left has got a bulge on the side wall...i have lost faith in the G3 potenza......they do give a good grip but if i have to keep changing tires every month ....i would change to something else...
including these 2 tires ...i have got 3 damaged potenza g3's within one month....
Old 30th December 2005, 12:22   #9
Team-BHP Support

Dude, you must be serious rally driving if you damage 3 potenza's in a month. Mine have done 20000kms and still going strong. As for sidewall puncture, nothing can be done!
Old 30th December 2005, 12:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Dude, you must be serious rally driving if you damage 3 potenza's in a month. Mine have done 20000kms and still going strong. As for sidewall puncture, nothing can be done!
nopes....it was highway driving ..mabbe the 165/60 r13 side wall is too small... as the first one also the front left was damaged when i hit a small stone at 160 on the nh4....
changed that and now again hit a hole on the nh48 ...

so do u me an to say that the side wall cannot be repaired....what about the bulge ....

also the front left that got punctured this time was a brand new tire ...

i just remembered that i had got my wheel balancing and alignment done on the same day and that fool had told me to fill 26 psi instead of the 30 psi that i usually fill....could that be the reason ????
Old 30th December 2005, 13:19   #11
Team-BHP Support

I am on 185/60R13, so got more sidewall
About the bulge, most probably you will get warranty replacement. And never fill less than the recommended air. If your manufacturer says 30psi, fill +2 psi for highway driving
Old 30th December 2005, 14:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
i just remembered that i had got my wheel balancing and alignment done on the same day and that fool had told me to fill 26 psi instead of the 30 psi that i usually fill....could that be the reason ????
He said that and you believed it? What is recommended tyre pressure for Zen? You should try and get the tyre replaced within warrantee. With 3 tyres in a month, he must have become a good friend of yours by now
Old 31st December 2005, 13:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
He said that and you believed it? What is recommended tyre pressure for Zen? You should try and get the tyre replaced within warrantee. With 3 tyres in a month, he must have become a good friend of yours by now

hehhe...actually maruti says 24 psi on 145/80r12 but i used 26-27 always....but since this was alower profile in experimented with everything and got good performance and grip between 30 and 32psi....but this guy told me that i can get better grip if i keep 26 psi

about the tire guy becoming friends .....i have bought one tire from bangalore and the other 2 are the ones i got from mumbai ....about replacing the tires ...i have got my tires from mumbai through the tire shop guy who gpt them shipped through a volvo bus....so now i have 2 tires with bulge and one torn side wall..my tire guy has told that he will arrange for a claim for atleast 2 tires whenever i come down to mumbai ...so till that time my car will have 7 tires...hehheheh
Old 31st December 2005, 17:13   #14
Team-BHP Support

If you have warranty card you can get them replaced from any bridgestone authorized dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks