Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2006, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Apollo Acclere alloy wheels

hi evrybody!! i recently saw alloys from apollo tyres.. made in singapore.. im planning to fit 13 inchers on my m800 with apollo acclere tyres , size-155/65R13.. the guys givin the mags for 10800rs.. also hes got a demo set of 4 alloys which hes givin for 6000 bucks which hav some scratches.. plz advice me ppl what shud i do.. thanks
Old 8th January 2006, 20:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

i think you should go in for brand new ones.its always advisable to buy braned new alloys rather than used one because you never know how they have been used.and this beiing demo one all the more precaution must be taken.if you can id suggest go in for the new set.

Rev
Old 8th January 2006, 20:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i think you should go in for brand new ones.its always advisable to buy braned new alloys rather than used one because you never know how they have been used.and this beiing demo one all the more precaution must be taken.if you can id suggest go in for the new set.

Rev

I second that.
But if you really are running on a budget check for bends and peel offs.. Avoid if it has any visble blisters..
Old 9th January 2006, 15:58   #4
BHPian

Alloys from Apollo Tyres ?? or you buying some alloys from Singapore and fitting Acelere tyres on it,
Old 9th January 2006, 17:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
Alloys from Apollo Tyres ?? or you buying some alloys from Singapore and fitting Acelere tyres on it,
Apollo tyres are importing Wheels from malaysia and branding them as Apollo Accelere and selling them ... The company is just giving their brand name to the rims imported by them
Old 15th January 2009, 07:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

thier range finally showed up on the website
Apollo Tyres - Acelere wheelz Range
seems quite limited , sadly :(
Old 15th January 2009, 07:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

wow! i really like the SH81! the one with red lip...
Old 15th January 2009, 08:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
wow! i really like the SH81! the one with red lip...
Wow, I loved most of them

good job Apollo

Just one 16 incher though:(

Last edited by jkdas : 15th January 2009 at 08:42.
Old 15th January 2009, 09:20   #9
BHPian

Me too like the sh81.
Old 15th January 2009, 10:40   #10
BHPian

My friend has put accelere alloys on his wagon r cost 11200 for set of 4.They come with 1 year warranty and single piece is available seperately.Only issue is not many choices available limited to 1-2 in each size.
Old 8th February 2009, 21:24   #11
BHPian

Any clue how much do their 15"ers cost? I like the SG 47 design.
Old 8th February 2009, 21:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

if only the SH81 was available with 108pcd :(
Old 8th February 2009, 22:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

I like the SG 47, SH 81 and even SH 41
Old 9th February 2009, 19:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

More on this - Apollo has announced a new collection today:

Apollo Tyres launches its line of fashion accessory alloy wheels

Acelere Wheelz: Prêt-à-porter for passenger cars

Acelere Wheelz – a brand new range of alloy wheels – from Apollo Tyres has been launched through premium passenger car tyre dealers across the country. Called the Fall-Winter Collection, they are positioned as automotive “fashion accessories”. A new collection will be introduced into the Indian market every six months. Acelere Wheelz are a natural extension to Apollo’s high end tubeless passenger car tyre range and reinforces the company’s credo of providing customers with best-in-class, performance driven and value for money products.

Wheelz’s unique selling proposition is its world-class finish, styling and raving good looks. Available in 30 distinct styles, sized between 13 to 17 inches, the Acelere Wheelz range has something to suit
nearly every customer’s taste and pocket. The range comprises a budget or utility set of designs and another which comprises premium designs and finishes for the discerning customer. Acelere Wheelz will be available in the six metropolitan cities of Delhi, Ludhiana and Chandigarh in the North and Bangalore, Chennai and Cochin in the South. A gradual expansion of the network will take place over the course of the year.

For an initial period, Acelere Wheelz is offering a lucrative “combo offer” with Apollo’s range of tubeless passenger tyres – Acelere, Acelere Sports, Aspire and Hawkz. A set of four tyres and four alloys could fetch a discount between 3 to 15%. For example, for Swift if an upsized 17” is fitted along with a set of Acelere Wheelz, the saving is as much as Rs 8000.

High quality alloy wheels like the Acelere Wheelz have a utility dimension beyond looks. They are more durable than steel wheels and lighter -- in the long run the lower weight brings down the fuel consumption of a car.

Apollo Tyres has a manufacturing contract with the global leader in alloy wheels –- YHI. They are the second largest manufacturer of alloy wheels in the world and own prestige racing and non-racing brands like Advanti Racing. The contract with Apollo Tyres ensures an exclusivity on the designs that YHI produces with the Apollo branding.

In recent years, alloy wheels have witnessed a 20% year-on-year growth, keeping in tune with high car sales and disposable incomes. The total size of the alloy wheels market in India is estimated to be 90,000 wheels per month. Around 40% of this is in the aftermarket. Estimates show that only 15% of the alloy wheels sold in India are from organised Indian companies, the rest are all imported into India. By the end of the year, Apollo Tyres is confident of capturing between 7 to 10% of the alloy wheels market in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo Acclere alloy wheels-nq_alloy_wheels.jpg  

StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2009, 19:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

can someone post a higher res pic of the above ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks