Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2006, 14:02   #1
BANNED

Stock tyres on NHC

can anyone who has picked up the NHC ZX confirm what tyres it comes with. are these the bridgestones S322 or good year gps2. i saw some citys zx with goodyears but i read in overdrive that the vtec one came with s322;s. so im kinda lost becasue if it does come with s322 i want to upgrade them. what are the best upsize for the city zx. rim guessing 14 itself just thinking if upgrading then 185 or 195. keep in mind its going to be a CVT. thanks
Old 10th January 2006, 23:30   #2
BHPian

Hey jesal..well,The NHC ZX vehicles can be either with Bridgestones or Goodyears..when I got my CVT in June 2005,I got them with Goodyears,and the dealer had told me at the time of booking that CVTs come only with Bridgestones..after delivery,I called up Honda Siel Cars India,Delhi,to ask which tires are fitted on CVT,and they said they have an affiliation with both companies,and some vehicles come with Goodyears,while others come with Bridgestones..
The stock size is 175/65/R14,best size to upgrade would be 195/60/R14 to minimize speedometer error.
CVT is heavy on mileage,so,if you're the FE consious,I would suggest stick to stock tires,since upgrading to wider rubber would affect a bit on FE (perhaps around 0.5km/litre or so)..but I know a guy who used to get 9km/litre in CVT,and after 195 upgrade,gets around 7.5km/litre.
Ugpgrading to wider rubber would surely improve the cars braking and handling though..

-sr
Old 10th January 2006, 23:41   #3
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
The NHC ZX vehicles can be either with Bridgestones or Goodyears..
Right. I have Bridgestone S322 on my NHC while I saw my neighbors NHC having Goodyears.
Old 11th January 2006, 01:40   #4
BANNED

so is it possible to tell honda to give me good years. i should get the car by next week. ill talk to them when i go to give the payment for the same. i really dont want the bridgestones neither am in the mood to spend on tyres as of now.
Old 11th January 2006, 10:14   #5
BHPian

No dude,it's not possible for HSCI to give cars with customers specifications.I had already tried that when I booked my vehicle..but they said any of the 2 brands may be there on the vehicle.

-sr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks