Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 13:18   #16
BHPian

Re: TVS Heritage rally - Chennai

Thanks for the pics Dussey Sir, never thought Chennai has such hidden beauties. Would have known about this event prior, then i would have personally come and visited you.

Saleem
beetle_boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 18:56   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle_boy View Post
Thanks for the pics Dussey Sir, never thought Chennai has such hidden beauties. Would have known about this event prior, then i would have personally come and visited you.

Saleem
Saleem, there are many more cars in Chennai that did not make it to the event, i have seen almost all big collectors collection at Chennai, what was displayed was only 30% i can say. Tell me when you intend to go to Chennai, i will show you those cars

Also whats shocking to see is NONE of Mr C S Ananth sir's cars participated in the recent TVS Heritage Rally.

This is something of a worry, and only Ananth Sir can throw some light. His has one of the BEST cars in the Chennai collection. When i mean BEST, i really mean THE BEST

Its really intruiging.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 1st August 2012 at 19:22.
Old 1st August 2012, 20:35   #18
BANNED

Hey isn't the yellow Mini Ranjit Pratap's ? He's got Vintage Cars to the latest Aston Martin !!! Remember him showing me his new Aston Martin Vantage (For Regn!!!) parked next to his BMW 750Li !!! He's got one area for doing up his cars, another where he parks his vintage cars and another where the new one's are kept!! And is a most unassuming and humble guy !!!
Old 1st August 2012, 20:44   #19
BHPian

Yes,none of my cars participated this time. I live about 22kms away from the venue.Organising the drivers and mechanics did not work this time. Finally gave up. I think this will be a problem in future events too.Some of my cars are with mechanical brakes and being vintages(not classics) driving them is not easy.Hence only a few manage to drive these and if these few are not willing,the cars stay indoors.

The yellow mini is NOT owned by Ranjit.It belongs to Ramji. It was restored by TEAMCSA.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 2nd August 2012 at 08:24. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 1st August 2012, 21:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dussey,

Absolute pleasure it was, to see the beauties! Very well captured parts of the history and kudos to the respective owners for the maintenance!

Your priceless possessions are indeed adorable!

THANK YOU!
Old 1st August 2012, 22:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
The yellow mini is NOT owned by Ranjit.It belongs to Ramji. It was restored by TEAMCSA.

But many cars were Ranjit's, 504, 125, Mustang, 280, he does have nice cars.
And yes, Chennai does have a lot of more cars, but also too many clubs/groups
Notice, even Jag SS and E-type were not there.

Cheers harit
harit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:09   #22
BANNED

Thanks for the clarification. Am in the same club as Ranjit (not an automotive club though) and we love the occasions when it's his turn to host parties because we get to see the beauties.

If I remember correctly he has 3 Mini’s – well, I have seen upto 3 Mini’s parked at his place. I had asked him why he didn't go for the 760Li instead of his 750Li and his answer was that BMW India hadn't started selling them in India at the time he ordered his 750.

The only issue is that when you have a new Aston Martin Vantage to drool over, in my books, nothing else comes close – but that’s just me.
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:56   #23
BHPian

Lovely cars, tastefully done up, neat and clean, pleasing colours. I do not mean to offend, so my apologies in advance , but I find that cars get more garish as one moves northwards. Maybe our friends from the south can give pointers? Thanks Kasli for some very nice pictures of delightful cars. Cars from the Ananth collection would have further enhanced the display, maybe you could help him at the next such drive by offering to drive?
Old 2nd August 2012, 16:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji
Lovely cars, tastefully done up, neat and clean, pleasing colours. I do not mean to offend, so my apologies in advance , but I find that cars get more garish as one moves northwards. Maybe our friends from the south can give pointers? Thanks Kasli for some very nice pictures of delightful cars. Cars from the Ananth collection would have further enhanced the display, maybe you could help him at the next such drive by offering to drive?
Thank you , but would refrain from driving someone else's cars . It's less stressful unless I know the person well. No offence to anyone here

Cheers
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:44   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Beautiful cars, beautiful pics !! Thanks a lot guys

Nice to see a Peugeot 504 in good condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Nice to see you back here Dussey. Your BSA looks super good and your Jeep is too awesome to describe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Some really nice cars there in Chennai, I must say. Lovely, period colours too. Nice to see a nice Peugeot 504, is she re-painted or still in original coat? Petrol or Diesel? The Ford Custom is personally interesting, a '49 model she is, would've liked to see interiors' shots too - I can see white upholstery, is it in the original chequered pattern? Although, white probably wasn't an option then. Nice, a good change to see - from the same cars, again and again here in Delhi! Thanks for the pics, Karl and Dussey!
Quote:

Saleem
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Dussey,

Absolute pleasure it was, to see the beauties! Very well captured parts of the history and kudos to the respective owners for the maintenance!

Your priceless possessions are indeed adorable!

THANK YOU!
My 1954 BSC C-11 250cc, registration no MDO 4406, has just got restored and made its first appearance in the rally and it won a trophy !
Unfortunately, I dont have any inside shots of the Ford Custom. The upholstry is white. As Kasli has taken quite a few pictures , maybe if he has a pic of the interior he can post a picture.
Saleem, you are welcome to come and visit my Garage/ Display at any time when you are here in Chennai next , just PM me.
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Saleem
Yes, there are much more such beauties here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
Yes,none of my cars participated this time. I live about 22kms away from the venue.Organising the drivers and mechanics did not work this time. Finally gave up. I think this will be a problem in future events too.Some of my cars are with mechanical brakes and being vintages(not classics) driving them is not easy.Hence only a few manage to drive these and if these few are not willing,the cars stay indoors.

Next time, I want to volunteer, you can teach me the basics, would love to see ALL your beauties come out sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

But many cars were Ranjit's, 504, 125, Mustang, 280, he does have nice cars.
And yes, Chennai does have a lot of more cars, but also too many clubs/groups
Notice, even Jag SS and E-type were not there.

Cheers harit
Yes, harit, there are many divisions here just like in the OTRs everywhere else in India (which pains me too). Better to work and try to get them together than to point and make fun, that is my opinion. After all, we are car lovers and we all want to be ONE united front rather than take sides and laugh. Hope you understand.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:38   #27
BHPian

A few more photos from the rally, I was ther with my Anglia and got the prize for the Car in the "Most Original Condition 1941-60"

It was great to see so many cars and having lived in Madras all my life I had no idea that there were so many old beauties here. And as already mentioned there are quite a few that were not here this time.

It was great to meet Dussey who has invited me over to see the rest of his lovely collection.
Attached Thumbnails
TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-009.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-010.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-038.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-042.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-043.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-050.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-039.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-052.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-079.jpg  

TVS Heritage rally - Chennai-heritage-car-rally-081.jpg  

Ford 1946 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 21:14   #28
BHPian

Dear Karl, Thanks for the Great pics. I love the Citroen and the Jeep in the pics. I am a Past Pupil of this School (class of '84). All these pics brought back memories of my school days. I remember a friend called Purushottam who would come in a Packard! A Senior would come in a White Toyota Celica Coupe. Chauffeured of course. The car would be in the school almost all day and the poor driver would have a tough time in Keeping us from getting too close to the car. I have now moved out of Chennai hence these pics are more than pics of just cars.Thanks once again for the Memories.
Old 4th August 2012, 00:15   #29
BHPian

Ford 1946, Considering that you have got into this only now , you certainly have done a good job on your Anglia. Your trophy is well deserved !
We Teambhp members in Chennai, should certainly get together sometime. Maybe Esteem Lover can initiate it ?!
Dussey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2012, 17:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
............And yes, Chennai does have a lot of more cars, but also too many clubs/groups...............Cheers harit
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
.........................Yes, harit, there are many divisions here just like in the OTRs everywhere else in India (which pains me too). Better to work and try to get them together than to point and make fun, that is my opinion. After all, we are car lovers and we all want to be ONE united front rather than take sides and laugh. Hope you understand.
I have been told that in Chennai the MADRAS HERITAGE MOTORING CLUB (MHMC), is the most active, that is a good thing. The event did showcase some nice cars, very remarkable was their condition. Are also drives organised? Like to Pondycherry?
Cheers to an event that will fire up enthusiasm in south India. In the past many cars from there have been sold out of the state, there used to be Rolls-Royces in Chennai.

Cheers harit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks