Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2007, 21:50   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

26th Jan 2007 Vintage/Classic bike/car show, Hyderabad

Hi all,
I'd attended this exciting event organised by DECHAA (Deccan Heritage Automobile Association) here at Lumbini Park, Hyderabad y'day from 10am- 1pm. The club (of which I finally became a member as well y'day!) organises these rallies/shows every 15th aug. & 26th jan.....they also had an actual rally on World Tourism Day last sept. which I unftly missed as I wasnt living in hyd. then....!
Although I did attend a 15th aug. rally in 2005, this is the 1st event w/ the club in which I was fortunate to participate!!

I was at first a bit reluctant to take along my 1960 fiat, considering it's got sum pending work on it, wich I cudnt fix in time for the show, until I was persuaded to bring in my car......nevertheless I really had a blast, having witnessed so many gorgeous old cars/bikes there!!
OK, nuff of talking, here r the pics. (NOTE: As this was a public event covered by the local media as well, plus I had the consent of the owners I knew & the event organisers, I didnt find it necessary to blank out the regn. nos. in these pics.)

This was the 1st line-up of cars on entering the venue (The black Minor 1000 looks like the best of its kind I've ever seen!):

1963 Standard Herald owned by my friend...rubbing shoulders w/ a Buick 8 & Sunbeam Talbot.....

The gorgeous Sunbeam Talbot.....

And the gorgeous Buick 8, formerly owned by a Hyd. nawab family

1960s Fiat 600....got a lot of attention despite its size!

Early 20s 'Baby' Austin 7....

And a most 'unexpected' classic- a Hindustan Landmaster tat had been driven down all the way Kurnool dist. for the event! Note the cool 'shikar' light by the driver's window!

The star of the show- a really immaculate 30s Packard Eight limousine owned (& superbly restored) by Deepak Gir....formerly owned by the Jaipur Royals, spent some of its life in Jalrapathan (Raj.) & eventually in Indore where the current owner bought it.

Lovely Triumph Mayflower....

And a dazzling little Mini Cooper with Minilite wheels....

Another show stealer- a late 40s Triumph Roadster....

To be continued as I can post not more than 20 images per post....
Old 27th January 2007, 23:03   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Continued....

Immaculate Hillman Minx....parked my car beside it!

And another interesting car that got parked right beside mine! An early 60s Fiat 1100 Super select, imported from Italy (LHD, bucket seats) first owned by the rleatives of Muffakam Zah, a hyd. Nawab.....the owner's going to get it spruced up soon!

Brothers, east & west....!

One more italian job - 1957 Fiat 1100 elegant...

Another Hillman minx....altho the black one definitely looked the better of the 2! Note the different tail-lamps on this one- I wonder if these r original ones.....or is it bcos these 2 cars wer slightly different models?

Another 'unexpected' participant, a 1962 Amby mk1! Very original tho...

Old 28th January 2007, 01:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics..
Thanks for sharing..
Old 28th January 2007, 06:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Stanher!

You really covered the rally well.

Thanks
Old 28th January 2007, 14:10   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for ur compliments guys!

Continued further.....now presenting the 2-wheeled breed!

Never to be missed, Nortons of all ages...

An AJS.....

A Zundapp

Quite rare- Douglas Drangonfly

Lovely Triumph 500cc Speed Twin

A little Rajdoot Bobby among the big boys...

A genuine Moto Guzzi...

And last but not least, 2 scootering icons- a Vespa 150 & a 1964 Lambretta.....

Old 28th January 2007, 18:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Excellent coverage buddy, one of the TV channels might try to contact you to work for them .
Anyways, you should have started the thread, atleast two days in advance. I would have missed it. You one slefish hyderabadi . I was quite surprised when I saw this in the TV, that how come i didnt have any-news about, even though spend so much time on team-bhp.
Now that you are a member of that club, we can have information and news in advance. This I dont want to miss the chance to see the beauties live.

Oh!!!, btw, I have read in your intro or some where you have a Standard herald. cool.
Hope to meet you in the next bhp meet in feb. (we had one in this month too.... u missed it)
Old 28th January 2007, 22:41   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Excellent coverage buddy, one of the TV channels might try to contact you to work for them .
Tks, I'm flattered!
As for the TV channels, it was TV9 who turned up to cover it, they came evn during the last rally I'd witnessed.....they seemed to've covered all the vehicles present this time & interviewed their owners except for mine!
They came close enough to video the black imported fiat next to mine & interviewd the owner.....they vidoe'd even the inside of the car! U must've seen it on the news......neways, I didnt really expect my car to get much attention in the state tat it is!

Quote:
Anyways, you should have started the thread, atleast two days in advance. I would have missed it. You one slefish hyderabadi .
Well, I did mean to but my net wasnt working properly yet plus I wasnt clear bout the location until I reached the venue....I was first told it was at the tourism office at Tank Bund(?) & believe me I drove all the way tat day down Tank Bund & back, then right thru necklace rd, only to be told finally it was at Lumbini park opp. the secratariat!!

Quote:
Now that you are a member of that club, we can have information and news in advance. This I dont want to miss the chance to see the beauties live.
We r having one on 15th aug. for sure!

Quote:
Oh!!!, btw, I have read in your intro or some where you have a Standard herald. cool. Hope to meet you in the next bhp meet in feb. (we had one in this month too.... u missed it)
Uh, I had a Herald, sold her 2 yrs ago when we were at vizag.....'really miss having one now!
Well, I got to read bout the meet only the day after it hap'd.....didnt hav net at home yet.....but yea, 'hope we meet in feb.!
Old 28th January 2007, 22:59   #8
Team-BHP Support

Stanher, amazing pics. You have more pics of the Fiat 600?
Old 28th January 2007, 23:02   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yea I do hav a couple more but they didnt turn out too clear...hence didnt feel like uploading those...
Old 28th January 2007, 23:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Also a few more morris minor pictures pls..
Old 28th January 2007, 23:57   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Also a few more morris minor pictures pls..
I did intend to take more pics. of the Minor eventually but the owner drove away home rather early after the show!

But not to worry cos I happen to hav the contact no. of the gent, will be visiting him soon to check out his other cars as well....so will def. get more pics. then....incidentally, hez known for having the best-maintained cars in our club.....even got a certificate for his Minor!
Old 29th January 2007, 11:05   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

great stuff...hyderabad never fails to impress when it comes to quality restorations, especially the bikes...wish i was there...
Old 29th January 2007, 11:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
especially the bikes...
A friend of mine who took part in this rally was telling my about a Mr. Singh who apparently owns 180 vintage bikes....any idea if this is true
Old 29th January 2007, 11:36   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
A friend of mine who took part in this rally was telling my about a Mr. Singh who apparently owns 180 vintage bikes....any idea if this is true

on my last trip to hyderabad i did see a few his bikes...he goes by the name norton singh! while i dont know the exact figure, he does have a ridiculous number of bikes...
Old 29th January 2007, 12:33   #15
BHPian

@stanher: I tried calling you when i was in town on friday. The line wasnt clear and we couldnt hear each.

Heard about the vintage rally but was busy running around, so couldnt make it. btw, did u get a snap of the Jawa 350 that came for the show. He managed to pass me on his way back home ( i guess) and was doing good speeds. That bikes wail never fails to bring about goose pimples.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks