Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 12:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Big Boy Toyz to launch Vintage & Classic Car Auctions on December 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhimanyu88 View Post
Have about 5000 pictures of the detailed build, took over 2 years to do, will surely share soon. Sharing below what It looked like when i bought it.

Was a ground up restoration.
Whoa!! I’d seen this on auction on the BBT site a week ago and was blown away. How cool to come across the man behind it here (albeit unsurprising). Utterly gorgeous restoration man. Do start a thread on it. Gutted for you that you had to let it go as clearly a lot of soul had gone into it. All the best for the next project.
RT13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have about 5000 pictures of the detailed build, took over 2 years to do, will surely share soon. Sharing below what It looked like when i bought it.

Please put up a detailed thread - we'll tag MSD and ensure the message reaches him that you're the artist! Am sure he'll gladly have a cuppa with you and your kiddo if he comes to know of the story. The before/ after pic itself is
ph03n!x is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't be happier that this beauty of mine has gone to none other than MS Dhoni!!! I restored this from ground up with a lot of blood, sweat and effort. Super happy that it's gone to one of the most famous people In the country. What upsets me though is that there is no mention of the creator/owner of the vehicle and all credit has been taken by the agency!
Amazing work, sir. Especially after seeing the pic of the car from when you got it! Kudos.

It really is sad that due credits are not given.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 15:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthappa View Post
I'm sure every single member on this forum will join me in appreciating and showing you gratitude for the immaculate job done in the restoration of this Landy!
The fact that perhaps India's most loved motorhead is now it's custodian is a massive kudos to the stellar job by you and your team. It's just such a pity regarding the lack of mentions though.
Have you considered perhaps stamping your name/brand/signature (like Stinger/Renntech do with their Porsches) in a discreet location on the vehicles you restore?
Thansk alot sir for the kind words. Yes, I put stickers on all my cars "@theclassicgarage" its my page in instagram, theyre quite small and qo on the back side windows, though not very visible as theyre small, but now ill get a small brass/copper plate made with my 9intitals and put it in a place where it is more visible and aesthetically looks better.

Thanks for the idea though

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Amazing work, sir. Especially after seeing the pic of the car from when you got it! Kudos.

It really is sad that due credits are not given.
Thanks abhijit, took alot of time and effort for this beauty to look the way it does now, just upsetting as to why the agency has not given any credit. Anyways onwards and upwards from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Please put up a detailed thread - we'll tag MSD and ensure the message reaches him that you're the artist! Am sure he'll gladly have a cuppa with you and your kiddo if he comes to know of the story. The before/ after pic itself is
Yes sir will do so soon, will post pictures of what all was done to the car, the parts imported/fabricated etc. Was a task to get her on the road, took almost 2 years to get it perfect.

Its a great idea, will definitely love it if he gets to know that it was me behind the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Whoa!! I’d seen this on auction on the BBT site a week ago and was blown away. How cool to come across the man behind it here (albeit unsurprising). Utterly gorgeous restoration man. Do start a thread on it. Gutted for you that you had to let it go as clearly a lot of soul had gone into it. All the best for the next project.
Thanks alot, I knew I had to buy andrestore it the minute I saw it, if not for the NGT rules, I wouldve never sold it. Thanks alot for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
WOW BUDDY.

Amazing work. Really proud of you. Big thumbs up to your efforts.

Thanks alot for the motivation sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithunSathianat View Post
Truly an artistic restoration. Please pen down your restoration journey. It would be a joy to read.
Will definitely do sir, will start over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Impressive work ethic and remarkable restoration The original when you bought it and the final finished product is unbelievable. Please do share a separate thread on behind the scenes of restoration.
When my dad saw the original, his reaction was" Are you sure you can get this done" haha. I was quite scared to start but thankfully the gamble paid off . You can follow my page on instagram "@theclassicgarage", some more pictures there on how this was when I got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnishRanjan View Post
Hey really have high regards for people like you who take on such projects. I just wanted to know where did you find this vehicle and if one were hunting for a landy how do you search for one?
Thaks alot Anish, I came across this in Delhi itself, infact it was with an acquaintance of mine. Got it from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
That's quite unfortunate. Cars older than 50 years can be registered as vintage on which the NGT ban rules don't apply. Just curious, did you not consider getting the car registered as vintage with the DL VA number plate?

Sir this is a 1974 model, thus had about 2.5 yrs left before I could legally drive it on the road, plus whenevr I was stopped by the cops, they would harass ebcause it was diesel, Ive had to let it go with a heavy heart, but Im in search of petrol one, will buy and restore better than this

Quoting the Big Boy Toyz website:

"Vintage and Classic car owners can now register their cars and drive them on public roads. As per an Amendment of the Motor Vehicles Act published in the Official Gazette, Vintage and Classic Cars that are more than 50 years of age shall be registered in respective states are per the rules of the Motor Vehicle Act. These cars will be given a special VA Series of number eg DL VA XXXX for Delhi state. Being registered and compliant under the MV Act shall allow users of these cars to ply their vintage and classic on public roads. The earlier ban by the Transport Ministry and various Courts meant that vintage and classic cars came under the rule that banned petrol cars of 15 years and older and diesel cars that were 10 years or older from plying on public roads"

https://www.bigboytoyz.com/blog/driv...n-public-roads

Last edited by Sheel : 19th January 2022 at 21:11. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Abhimanyu88 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 19:29   #20
BHPian

Amazing work here! And it's definitely shameful that the proper credit isn't being given. But we know, don't we?
Old 19th January 2022, 20:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I couldn't be happier that this beauty of mine has gone to none other than MS Dhoni!!!.
Wow, this should go to the front page of Team-BHP
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 15:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks, yupp was a beautiful restoration. The only reason for selling this were the NGT issues in delhi, I do drive my other cars regularly but this being a diesel I always had the issue of the cops impounding it. This had to let it go.

Will look for a petrol one now and build it up even better than this. The engine was is 2.25 litre 4 cylinder diesel, all original.

You have done a noble deed by saving this beautiful thing from going into scrap, it always breaks my heart to see classic and exotic cars lying in such condition, but then there are people like you sir, who take it up on themselves to ensure these beauties are back to their former glory. You really need to put up a detailed restoration thread of this LR.

Kudos for such a good work !!!
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 17:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
T
Thanks alot for the motivation sir.

Will definitely do sir, will start over the weekend.

Abhi - Start a combined thread for the Impala and the Rover!
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 14:09   #24
BHPian

Amazing work @Abhimanyu.
Proud of your work.
Really loved it and eagerly looking forward to read the complete story.
Hope MSD finds this and reaches you out.
Old 28th January 2022, 21:51   #25

Great work Abhimanyu88!! You should definitely do a piece with one of the papers or post a detailed thread here. Im sure there preying eyes on the forum that will publish it(most likely without your consent ;-))
Great colour choice, impeccable taste. You have definitely a have shown a new color scheme for Land Rovers.
Really liked the bumper and the side step( side step or steps?? - or whatever you call it - oh mighty creator)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks