Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 16:29   #31

Bentley R type restoration

The car went to Udaipur in October on a six month carnet, and left finished in March 2009. I could not find a way around having to bring a running vehicle into India on a ATA carnet. This is expensive as a bond equal to 500% of the vehicle's value has to be lodged!

Shipping costs are considerable and have gone up recently with the oil price rises. I have documented the restoration at Home

I am shortly to ship a Bentley S1 for repairs and the guys in Udaipur hope to have it ready in time for us to use it for the Great Arc 2009 classic car rally running from Cochin (Kochi) to the Himalayas.

Peter
Old 29th December 2009, 21:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukpete View Post
The car went to Udaipur in October on a six month carnet, and left finished in March 2009. I could not find a way around having to bring a running vehicle into India on a ATA carnet. This is expensive as a bond equal to 500% of the vehicle's value has to be lodged!

Shipping costs are considerable and have gone up recently with the oil price rises. I have documented the restoration at Home

I am shortly to ship a Bentley S1 for repairs and the guys in Udaipur hope to have it ready in time for us to use it for the Great Arc 2009 classic car rally running from Cochin (Kochi) to the Himalayas.

Peter

Hi

What were the repairs to be done and what is the present situation of the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks