Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 22:47   #1666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
lets all storm into the mall and pluck her down from the roof!! but the way the economy is going we wont have to wait too long before the store shuts down and they decide to change the interior, that time we will be there to take the catch. literally!!
I too feel sorry for that poor thing, after seeing cyrus' pics! They could've atleast left the chrome parts unpainted! And I don't see any point in hanging it from the ceiling like that!

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines- FCCCI to the resuce ASAP!
Old 15th June 2009, 03:19   #1667
BHPian

[quote=khanak;1345677]I went to R City Mall which just opened up near Powai and found a nice Superselect hanging from the ceiling of one of the stores. Looked supercool.

Loved the photos, thought they were posted upside down at first.

I see you are from Toronto as well. I will be here in Toronto until mid Nov and if you are in TO give me a call. M. 416-678-4741 and we can talk.

I checked out you garage and was wondering if you going to fix up your Minor like your icon?

John

Last edited by john a milne : 15th June 2009 at 03:20. Reason: reduce /edit
Old 15th June 2009, 11:08   #1668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
found a nice Superselect hanging from the ceiling of one of the store

I hope the car falls one the owner when he is atanding right below it. What a mean thing to do to a car like that.

BTW somebody should suggest he hang an Autorikshaw in place of the Fiat or better still hang himself up there preferably upside down !!!
Old 15th June 2009, 15:31   #1669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
BTW somebody should suggest he hang an Autorikshaw in place of the Fiat or better still hang himself up there preferably upside down!!!
Wow wasif! 'didn't know you were this emotioanl about fiats!

Pity you weren't around when APC 1 was at the scrappers'!
Old 15th June 2009, 23:48   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Yummy !!

Look what I found on the net guys !
Madmen do exist, all across the world.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-7.jpg  

Old 16th June 2009, 00:24   #1671
Senior - BHPian

the estate and the one with the blue hood (1200??) looks awesome.
Old 16th June 2009, 00:28   #1672

Whoa!! What a beautifull picture!! How i would love to have all those!! The White car with Black roof looks damn nice and so does that green roof.
Old 16th June 2009, 00:47   #1673
Senior - BHPian

The picture is from an awesome site called NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA Except that it's all in italian, and one can't comprehend a word . Go to the "album" section, to see superbly maintained fiats...
Let's have a mega meet guys, Mumbai and Pune combined, and let's post a similar picture what say ???

Last edited by SuperSelect : 16th June 2009 at 00:48.
Old 16th June 2009, 00:54   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
The picture is from an awesome site called NUOVA MILLECENTO CLUB ITALIA Except that it's all in italian, and one can't comprehend a word . Go to the "album" section, to see superbly maintained fiats...
Let's have a mega meet guys, Mumbai and Pune combined, and let's post a similar picture what say ???
Hi! I would say that we have had an event in Mumbai where there were more cars than in this picture, including a vintage and Spyders. And there was a nice picture of all the cars lined up on Marine Drive. For a one marque club, FCCCI is going great guns and can put many eastblished clubs to shame.

Cheers harit
Old 16th June 2009, 10:58   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow wasif! 'didn't know you were this emotioanl about fiats!

Pity you weren't around when APC 1 was at the scrappers'!
I care a lot for old cars in general. Feel they need to be looked after not turned in to wall hangings. Had a scrap with Sudhakar once long ago about his cutting up an Austin 7 to hang on the wall behind a bar at a pub called Pink Cadillac.

I would have not let APC 1 come even close to the scrap guys. I spoke to Siraj Taher, the original owner and he said it was given to his friend, Capt Vashist who is a collector. They were as surprised as me to know it was scrapped.
Old 16th June 2009, 11:31   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I care a lot for old cars in general. Feel they need to be looked after not turned in to wall hangings. Had a scrap with Sudhakar once long ago about his cutting up an Austin 7 to hang on the wall behind a bar at a pub called Pink Cadillac.

I would have not let APC 1 come even close to the scrap guys. I spoke to Siraj Taher, the original owner and he said it was given to his friend, Capt Vashist who is a collector. They were as surprised as me to know it was scrapped.
About Capt Vashist, I believe has donated his Ford Roadster and Austin 7 to Pranlal. I do not know what happened to his Jeep.
BTW, in Delhi there is a restaurant called Chor Bazarre or similar name which has a vintage Fiat tourer where the seats were removed and a salad bar inerted.
Then there was a 1931 Buick tourer incomplete fitted into a restaurant in Bangalore. It has since been removed.
A friend of mine has an Austin 7 as a bar in his mansion.
There is a 1947 or so Austin where the front portion including windshield was been cut and mounted on a wall, front facing.
A restaurant in Pune used to have a Topolino lying in its porch.

I am sure that many more cars have been used as displays.
Old 16th June 2009, 13:22   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Thats strange, going by what I know of him. He aslo had an interesting Topolino apart from the Jeep and a aircraft ponton fuel tank he was planning to convert to a open tandem seating sports car.
Old 16th June 2009, 15:39   #1678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Capt. Vashisht? That's news to me! I do know of him, although never met him- just spoke on phone with him one day years ago, following an ad I placed in Auto India. He wanted some other parts (Herald bootlid hinges) hence asked me if I had any. 'turned out he needed those for a "bug" fiat he had with a modified body. He also had a WW2 jeep with baloon tyres and a M.Minor 4-door. I know because he'd later put them all up for sale with an ad in Auto India. The fiat's body was red & black, said to have been "specially crafted for film shooting"
No idea what happened to those cars thereafter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
I am sure that many more cars have been used as displays.
Indeed. There was this very original Green and white '62 Herald that I missed buying due to a disagreement over the price with the then owner, 4 years ago. I was told that it, alongwith a 30s Austin saloon he had, was bought by a friend who's put them up as displays at a resort/hotel he owns near the airport at Shamshabad. I never saw them there as I'm yet to go there so far. Anyone in hyd. who's seen them?
Old 19th June 2009, 22:15   #1679
Senior - BHPian

spotted this very original superselect today even has the original interiors, couldnt take pics of the front as the watchman in the building was drying clothes on it
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Car Club - Mumbai-imag0194.jpg  

Old 19th June 2009, 22:17   #1680

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
spotted this very original superselect today even has the original interiors, couldnt take pics of the front as the watchman in the building was drying clothes on it
This car looks very very familiar. Where is it Amol??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks