Team-BHP - Classic Cars available for purchase
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Vintage Cars & Classics in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/)
-   -   Classic Cars available for purchase (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintage-cars-classics-india/26996-classic-cars-available-purchase-104.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1408296)
Gogi as mentioned earlier the W115 came in a slighthly altered version in its last year of production so may have my years mixed up. There for using a generic W115 body may not be a viable option. This car is a late 76 early 77 (They have w123 windscreens and A pillar is different from other W115!) there sorucing body is becoming difficult was year is this car you bought?

Yup you are right.

My car is a 1974 ive been told. Have to collect the papers tomorrow, so ill know for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by given2fly (Post 1414684)
To old car lovers, what is that car Richard Gere drives in American Gigolo. Beautiful car that was, a Merc to top it all.

Yes it was a R-107. A 560SL if im not mistaken but it was surely a R107.

Gogi, I know SS of Pune has a 450slc and a 560sl. Both lhd. pretty decent condition, not for sale, but you know ss, at a price he would sell anything.
Congrats on the 220d, clean and neat car you got man, how I wish to own one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Bug (Post 1406655)
Canonball, I have seen the gold LHD (either a 450SLC or a 350SLC) about 4 years back at Prabhadevi. There were bunch of gals and guys in it and the car was zooming beautifully at about 11:30 in the night. The looks of the car made me buy one and I had the pleasure of owning a 450SLC (1979 model) for a year when I was in Australia. Enjoyed everybit of the car. It truly is an amazing car and the handling is absolutely supereb Very low car. Will try and send some pictures of the same on this forum.

As promised please find below pictures of my 450SLC which I owned in Australia, about 2 years back. The idea of buying the same was to get the same to India under TR but sadly, the car met a very tragic end :Frustrati. But we enjoyed driving this in Australia and I have driven it past the 200Km needle on multiple instances and we never ever felt that the car was actually at that speed. Hope you enjoy the pics.

67bug,
nice photos ,but you have posted in the wrong thread.
is this up for sale????

A Standard 8/10 (??) is lined up at the Shivajinagar guijiri for scrapping: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1423608

Quote:

The second is at Hyderabad with a dealer friend. He just recently bought it and claims it is immaculate. I believe it is blue and not for sale but then all dealers say that. One can try if one knows him.
gogi sir, if its the same car as i know, it looked good when i saw it. afaik, its been done up fully with new leather and other stuff recently. last i heard it wasnt for sale, but dunno now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay99 (Post 1422097)
67bug,
nice photos ,but you have posted in the wrong thread.
is this up for sale????

No this was the car i owned when in Australia and the reason for posting in this thread was in continuation of discussions on W107.

Awesome car Siddharth? what happened to it? Accident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 1424880)
Awesome car Siddharth? what happened to it? Accident?

Yes bhai. Accident and guess who was responsible? My then 3 year old old son..who moved the auto trans from "P" to "D" whilst his dad had just stepped out to close the garage door. The car banged into a wall and luckily not a scratch on my son's body....but the vehicle damaged beyond repairs and had to be scrapped and with it all my hopes of getting the car to India under TR :Frustrati

The Red maruti 800 featured in the thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1063615

is up for sale by the owner. Interested BHPians PM me for Further Details. Shyam just what you wanted.

Classic Cars available for purchase-m2.jpg

Classic Cars available for purchase-m3.jpg

Had several cars from HM like Ambassador Mark 4/classic/nova and now grand. would like to know about the first cars HM produced, and if any up for sale with full service history

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKS (Post 1427534)
Had several cars from HM like Ambassador Mark 4/classic/nova and now grand. would like to know about the first cars HM produced, and if any up for sale with full service history

first car produced by HM was 1947 HINDUSTAN10, followed by HINDUSTAN14,Baby HIndustan,1954 HIndustan Newlook, 1955-1957 Hindustan LANDMASTER,1957 LANDMASTER TRAVELLER(WOODY) and then ambassador ,1960 OHV followed by Mark2,mark3,mark4, Nova,...
by the way there is a woody traveller in mint condition in Trivandrum .hope you have seen it

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Bug (Post 1424930)
Yes bhai. Accident and guess who was responsible? My then 3 year old old son..who moved the auto trans from "P" to "D" whilst his dad had just stepped out to close the garage door. The car banged into a wall and luckily not a scratch on my son's body....but the vehicle damaged beyond repairs and had to be scrapped and with it all my hopes of getting the car to India under TR :Frustrati

Shucks that must have hurt....not physically but you know what i mean.
Thank God Jr. was unhurt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the mole (Post 1424941)
Dude can you explain this TR process to me, my Brother in Law is moving back to India next year from Australia, can he buy a W107 (or something else intresting) now and move it back with him next year?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Bug (Post 1426010)
Well here is the TR process as per my understanding:
  1. The person importing must have had a continous stay of atleast 2 years outside of India.
  2. The car MUST be registered in his name (with all taxes paid) for alteast 1 year prior to importing in India.
  3. It must be RHD vehicle
  4. Maximum depreciation allowed would be 70% on orginal purchase value of the car.
  5. Duty is leviable on CIF and works out to between 110%-130% of CIF value.
  6. The importer cannot sell the car for 2 years post registering it in India.

Thats right on spot, according to what ive heard too.

@ MAnishalive- Great looking Maruti man. When these came out, there was a premium on that colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Bug (Post 1424930)

I am not clear on the functionality of the autobox in the Merc but doesn't an Auto box not shift into drive unless you step on the brakes? I could be wrong.

Did anyone come across this listing on eBay? Click the title below for the listing page and seller's contact number.

FORD GPW 1942 - Hyderabad