Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 23:05   #31
BHPian

speaking of snake (boa constrictor)horns, i would like to buy a couple if anyone knows of some for sale, willing to pay realistic price,i dont want them for a car, i have something else in mind for them.also a similar horn that had a lion's head, but much smaller than the boa constrictor

Last edited by awini : 28th August 2007 at 23:15.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:12   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw the remains of one at my last trip to Hyderabad. Situation demanded I dont even ask if it was for sale, though I too would love to have one just as a novelty.

Old 28th August 2007, 23:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I saw the remains of one at my last trip to Hyderabad. Situation demanded I dont even ask if it was for sale, though I too would love to have one just as a novelty.

hey karl, what exactly is the wooden box under the horn? the glass inkpots are interesting too as are the books, was this at a dealers or someones private stuff?
Old 28th August 2007, 23:27   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
hey karl, what exactly is the wooden box under the horn? the glass inkpots are interesting too as are the books, was this at a dealers or someones private stuff?
Hehe, it was Alladins cave alright. The owner passed away a couple of years ago, and his room hasnt been touched ever since. He was an ace bike restorer and collector, I know nothing about him, but seeing his paraphenila I could tell he was a keen collector of curios. Im not sure exactly what the wooden box was, but the room was also filled with antique weaponry of all sorts, mainly swords, bows and the like. He was an international level Archer im told.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

awini i had seen a bunch of these horns at chor bazaar in bombay. will inquire for you if they are there.
Old 29th August 2007, 01:22   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a Cigar or Cigarette Humidor, judging by the temperature guage on it.
Old 29th August 2007, 02:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Looks like a Cigar or Cigarette Humidor, judging by the temperature guage on it.
looks like a cigar humidor bhai
Old 30th August 2007, 11:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Hi All,

Had been to chor bazaar last week seen something similar was not sure what it was so did not pay attention but couple of RR horns in brass
may be the collectors would wanna check.

sorry i seen this pic today else would have picked up the dragon face!
Old 30th August 2007, 11:35   #39
BHPian

i thought humidor too, but compared to the size of the assumed hygrometer, the box is too small, also,there are what appear to be electrc terminals on the side of the box.
The nanchaku in the foreground is cool too, appears pretty old
Old 30th August 2007, 15:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i thought humidor too, but compared to the size of the assumed hygrometer, the box is too small, also,there are what appear to be electrc terminals on the side of the box.
The nanchaku in the foreground is cool too, appears pretty old
awini the box does have electrical terminals comming out ot it they look like a level knob( my mom has an antique jewelery box with external knobs) there is a plank inside the box which is balanced on these rods, which can be pulled out to become one level from two. it looks like you can fit in about 10 cigars in the box.we can speculate but the actual use would only be known by the owner. the nanchaku dont look antique but due to being kept in one place and catching rust they look really old. if you notice behind the paint brushes the crome blob looks like a headlight of an old car. i might be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.
Old 30th August 2007, 16:32   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
if you notice behind the paint brushes the crome blob looks like a headlight of an old car. i might be wrong but thats what it looks like to me.
Or maybe headlight of an old bike, since he was a bike collector....?
Old 30th August 2007, 17:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

HELLOO!!! Aren't we going a bit here??? snake heads, cigars, wot not!! Sorry if i sound rude!!!
Old 30th August 2007, 17:48   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Or maybe headlight of an old bike, since he was a bike collector....?
yes old bike, what to do am more of a car person so everything relates to cars. you can see the bolts also that fit onto the front shockups below the handle bars is that what its called?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
HELLOO!!! Aren't we going a bit here??? snake heads, cigars, wot not!! Sorry if i sound rude!!!
we got a little carried away. will try to be more carefull next time. its all due to the minerva found with the snake horns in U.P.
Old 30th August 2007, 22:55   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
cigars perhaps, but certainly not boa horns, they are very much a part of any vintage car thread... and what if that wooden box is a humidor, and what if it happens to be a very rare period car accessory.... just imagine... an accessory which was once fitted to one of the royal fleets...that would make it a part of this thread, se we have to discuss these things to eliminate all non car subjects in the long run
Old 30th August 2007, 23:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cigars perhaps, but certainly not boa horns, they are very much a part of any vintage car thread... and what if that wooden box is a humidor, and what if it happens to be a very rare period car accessory.... just imagine... an accessory which was once fitted to one of the royal fleets...that would make it a part of this thread, se we have to discuss these things to eliminate all non car subjects in the long run
well said awini

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks