Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 10:43   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I haven't seen any of these "spot lights" on Canadian police cars nor do I recall seeing them in any of my recent trips into the U.S. mostly to the Boston & New York areas. They were more of a 50 & 60's item.
Here you go

Buick Eight-lapd.jpg

Quote:
reminds me of a moose
Old 11th October 2009, 17:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Buick 8 Engine

Guys

One question (rather hypothetical). How easy or difficult is it to get a complete Buick 8 Engine. Either (preferably) in India or elsewhere

Thanks and Best Regards

Ram
Old 11th October 2009, 19:00   #48
Senior - BHPian

There was one such engine lying with a scrap merchant in Hyderabad for ages and nobody wanted it.

Maybe if you are lucky its still there and you could get it.

Ask Stanher to lok into this for you. The scrap guy is the same old chap who claims to have scrapped twenty odd RR's in the past and is quiet well known in hyderabad.
Old 11th October 2009, 19:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Guys

One question (rather hypothetical). How easy or difficult is it to get a complete Buick 8 Engine. Either (preferably) in India or elsewhere

Thanks and Best Regards

Ram

Well in the Us i think it would be easier look around on ebay and stuff you might be lucky to get on.Also there was a engine up for salew put up by calrock for sale in mangalore so mayb you could ask him to help you.
Old 11th October 2009, 23:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Guys

Thanks and Best Regards

Ram
Hi Ram,
Sorry, this question is not complete. Do you need a Roadmaster engine, Super engine or pre 1941 engine. They are all different, and pre 1941 also differ in capacity.
Import is difficult, officially not allowed.

Cheers harit
Old 11th October 2009, 23:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hi Ram,
Sorry, this question is not complete. Do you need a Roadmaster engine, Super engine or pre 1941 engine. They are all different, and pre 1941 also differ in capacity.
Import is difficult, officially not allowed.

Cheers harit
@indrojitsircar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Guys,

Thanks for your reply.

Harit, I will get more info as you suggested and shall revert.

Thanks and Best Regards

Ram
Old 12th October 2009, 00:09   #52
BHPian

these are real monsters on road as seen in hollywood movies
why dont we get such type of cars in india ?
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:02   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this beauty, a 1948 model located in its country of birth owned by Mr Tom Pfeiffer.These pictures are from the Old Cars Weekly website-the latest issue.Have rarely seen a better example than this one.The straight eight 320cu.in engine produced 144 hp.
Buick Eight-b1.jpg

Buick Eight-b2.jpg

Buick Eight-b3.jpg

Buick Eight-b4.jpg

Buick Eight-b5.jpg

Buick Eight-b6.jpg

Buick Eight-b7.jpg

Buick Eight-b8.jpg
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I haven't seen any of these "spot lights" on Canadian police cars nor do I recall seeing them in any of my recent trips into the U.S. mostly to the Boston & New York areas. They were more of a 50 & 60's item.
Police cars still use them but they folded inside now. I see alot of cabs have them as well, maybe they are unmarked bait cars.
Old 18th December 2009, 11:33   #55
BHPian

Having been convinced by Rush to sign up..A big HELLO from the guy who seems to be regurally spotted driving classics.Must confess to having a soft corner for Buicks and for all buick lovers can team bhp organize a visit to the buick guru in poona? He has a wealth of knowledge and of course BUICKS BUICKS and more BUICKs..
Old 18th December 2009, 12:37   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
Having been convinced by Rush to sign up..A big HELLO from the guy who seems to be regurally spotted driving classics.Must confess to having a soft corner for Buicks and for all buick lovers can team bhp organize a visit to the buick guru in poona? He has a wealth of knowledge and of course BUICKS BUICKS and more BUICKs..
Welcome aboard Sir, great to have you with us.

For the uninitiated, Bulldogji (?!) has one of the most enviable collection of classics, each in awe inspiring condition, and most importantly used very regularly. We look forward to many contributions from you.
Old 19th December 2009, 14:48   #57
BHPian

Thanks Karl.Just to satify your curosity I was nicknamed bulldog by my family because I am very tenacious..Once a problem grips me I dont let go..Akin to developing a lockjaw, common to bulldogs, till I find a solution.AND great to see youngsters like you taking interest in vintage and classics
Old 19th December 2009, 15:54   #58
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogji View Post
I am very tenacious..Once a problem grips me I dont let go..Akin to developing a lockjaw, common to bulldogs, till I find a solution
Your cars obviously reflect this aspect of your persona. They are all so beautifully maintained. There are many collectors with the resources to maintain cars to high standards. But none I can think of who not only maintains his cars in such immaculate condition but actually uses them regularly as you do. That is something I deeply admire and value.

Last edited by DKG : 19th December 2009 at 15:55.
Old 19th December 2009, 17:13   #59
Senior - BHPian

is the buick guru in POONA by any chance,ZAHEER VAKIL ??
Old 19th December 2009, 21:43   #60
BHPian

Im glad that this thread exists.
My encounter with a Buick eight is quite recent, just fifteen days back. On the first look itself i fell for it. Right in the middle of rushhour traffic. I was suppose to go somewhere i landed up somewhere else. the girl next to me was anything but curious to know why i was following and where I was going (I admit, she did lose her attention)
Met Karl last week and confirmed whose car it was. i can still remember that day as yesterday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks