Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 11:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
I love the green Standard Super 10. Definitely restorable. Shyam, you can have the Herald, it is the Super 10 for me anytime.
I wish (although, much as I hate to say this, I'd have that Herald only for parts! :wearing_safety_helmet: )....but he will not part with any of his cars, despite his constraints!

Why don't you knock off Karl's Super 10? It'll be quite easy with him being away for the time being!
Old 12th February 2009, 12:00   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Why don't you knock off Karl's Super 10? It'll be quite easy with him being away for the time being!
I am in no mood of making my Super 10 into a rally special with black wheels and a Mikuni carb, thank you very much.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:09   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice one but no no no no Karl - my standard 10 (if at all and whenever) will be black, sell it to me, pleeeeeeeeeease? or else Shyam's suggestion is quite good I say! Ha Ha Ha. By the way, how is Dr.Rao's car now? All done?
Old 12th February 2009, 14:23   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice one but no no no no Karl - my standard 10 (if at all and whenever) will be black, sell it to me, pleeeeeeeeeease? or else Shyam's suggestion is quite good I say! Ha Ha Ha. By the way, how is Dr.Rao's car now? All done?
As you say "I will buy only at my price", I will sell only at my price. Add a couple of zeros to what I paid for it, and the car is yours, and you are welcome to do whatever you like with it, Gypsy engine et al.

As you know my priority is the Fiats, this Super 10 will be restored last. Till then she is sheltered and preserved well. I am only one man with no money after all.
Old 12th February 2009, 14:46   #50
BHPian

Quote:
This is a great collection - well, I used to visit Guwahati quite regularly for my work in my last department in the company but not any longer. I love the green Standard Super 10. Definitely restorable. Shyam, you can have the Herald, it is the Super 10 for me anytime.

Dear Karl - Re your query on wheelcap fitting on the fiat, some great guys fit ambassador rivets on Fiat wheel rims by drilling haphazard holes and then fit the caps.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Re. Fitting Fiat Hub Caps.
Sanjay welded three "spiky things" to the rims which enables me to snap on my PAL caps for daily driving and then when I want to impress the world I put on the ORIGINAL HUBS. Next time I change them out I will take photos.
The Pal Caps are slightly larger so I just tap the studs a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
As you say "I will buy only at my price", I will sell only at my price. Add a couple of zeros to what I paid for it, and the car is yours, and you are welcome to do whatever you like with it, Gypsy engine et al.

As you know my priority is the Fiats, this Super 10 will be restored last. Till then she is sheltered and preserved well. I am only one man with no money after all.
Karl, That may be true, but with your good looks, charm and marketing skills, just find a very nice lady from a very good (deep pockets) family that shares your passion! I am so impressed how "you all" over here get hitched and for the most part, stay hitched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
Karl, That may be true, but with your good looks, charm and marketing skills, just find a very nice lady from a very good (deep pockets) family that shares your passion! I am so impressed how "you all" over here get hitched and for the most part, stay hitched!
P.S. Just came to me; Why not start a "match making" thread, seems most of the members are young and single by the way you spend some much time on the web.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th February 2009 at 15:25. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button (see the FAQs) instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 12th February 2009, 15:11   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Re. Fitting Fiat Hub Caps.
Sanjay welded three "spiky things" to the rims which enables me to snap on my PAL caps for daily driving and then when I want to impress the world I put on the ORIGINAL HUBS. Next time I change them out I will take photos.
The Pal Caps are slightly larger so I just tap the studs a little.
Hmm, you should have just bought 4 Padmini rims like I told you. When you got original clip type hubcaps you could have used them. Anyways this looks good too.

Quote:
Oh boy, believe me Im looking. All the wealthy car collectors dont have eligible daughters. Sigh.
Old 12th February 2009, 15:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, you should have just bought 4 Padmini rims like I told you. When you got original clip type hubcaps you could have used them. Anyways this looks good too.

Oh boy, believe me Im looking. All the wealthy car collectors dont have eligible daughters. Sigh.
Sanjay looked for them "without success" and did the next best thing. fiat parts are hard to come by i am told.

Still looking for;
1. set of locks.
2. set of molded mats.
3. netting for back of front seat.
4. set of tools and jack
5. will be fitting on a front door mirror tomorrow and will send photos.
john a milne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2009, 15:56   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sanjay looked for them "without success" and did the next best thing. fiat parts are hard to come by i am told
Don't tell me he couldn't find you 4 Padmini wheels, c'mon! Next time round I'll send you a couple of dozen if you like.

Looking forward to the mirror shots.
Old 12th February 2009, 18:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't tell me he couldn't find you 4 Padmini wheels, c'mon! Next time round I'll send you a couple of dozen if you like.
For a moment, I though he meant looking for eligible girls!

Anyways, I have a set of good "old" padmini rims (thicker guage) that would need a good home anyways. So john, you're welcome to them in case you still couldn't find any there.
Old 12th February 2009, 22:40   #55
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wrong Karlos. I know someone with an awesome collection and only daughters
Old 12th February 2009, 23:07   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Wrong Karlos. I know someone with an awesome collection and only daughters
Hmm, you dont think I did my homework? The unmarried one is way out of my age group, though my relatives in Hyd keep teasing me to go ahead anyways

Anyway, back on track now!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 12th February 2009 at 23:08.
Old 12th February 2009, 23:12   #57
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm, you dont think I did my homework? The unmarried one is way out of my age group, though my relatives in Hyd keep teasing me to go ahead anyways

Karlos the one I'm referring to aint a Parsi, but Marwari and boy what a collection I mean the cars

BTW the daughters appear to be right in your age group !!
Old 13th February 2009, 07:03   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Always on track when it comes our children's happiness and if you can throw a car or two into the mix, we have died and gone to heaven. If I read your comments rightly I've got two books in mind that are quite well written, "In Praise of Older Women" and ""Toy Boy"
Old 13th February 2009, 20:05   #59
BHPian

Keeping the digression going a little longer, Karl you should collect more than pictures of the automobiles from all over the land - at least insist on really wide angle ones. You never know what you catch amongst all the internally combustible beauties. Could be a flame there for you too!
Old 13th February 2009, 21:33   #60
DKG
Senior - BHPian

at this rate we'll soon have a Getting Karl hooked thread !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks