Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 13:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

For which car is the windscreen in the Engineers Corp. stall? Is it for a Chevy? I am looking for a '60 chevy windscreen, if someone makes these, whats the prices of these?

Last edited by scooby05 : 26th February 2009 at 13:25.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Gents,

Every bit and piece of the works of art displayed at the Engineers Corp stall were made in house - you should visit the workshop next time to see some mind blowing restoration work going on there including some of the top notch wood work for rolls royces and bentleys which is being exported to England and European buyers!

Finally we have a quality restoration workshop exporting quite a few things to overseas buyers and as you guys rightly pointed out it all looks imported because we are yet not confident of Indian quality that we ourselves are making in India.

We Indians can do it - are doing it already - its just that are fellow countrymen need to recognise that we have already made that huge leap forward!

Cheers!
SA7VA5....

We make quality things which is well known worldwide.
BUT some of our manufacturers are only concentrating on exporting, not for sale in India.
And most of them do not have website and not well published, one have to give a try by visiting them.

About the price, I give one example, those Jaguar wheel spinners are priced 15,000/- + Tax for each piece, you can buy set of 4 for that price from UK, even though its Made in India.

cheers
Old 26th February 2009, 14:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
SA7VA5....

We make quality things which is well known worldwide.
BUT some of our manufacturers are only concentrating on exporting, not for sale in India.
And most of them do not have website and not well published, one have to give a try by visiting them.

About the price, I give one example, those Jaguar wheel spinners are priced 15,000/- + Tax for each piece, you can buy set of 4 for that price from UK, even though its Made in India.

cheers
I bought a new radiator for my Cherokee from UK since mine is RHD and not available anywhere else. It turned out to be made by Banco Products, India. But, The quality is not as good as the original which came on the car although said to be OE equivalent by the British supplier.
Though I agree we in India do make Very good quality products. Only problem is the quality manufacturers are less in numbers compared to the just pass off manufacturers. We do need to become more consistent with Quality. TQM needs to be given much more importance, and its a culture that takes time and effort!!
Old 26th February 2009, 14:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Boss i asked for a general price for my dart. He wanted to know how large so i gave him the refrence of a 63-4 Impala, he quoted approx 25K for it.
Old 26th February 2009, 14:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Boss i asked for a general price for my dart. He wanted to know how large so i gave him the refrence of a 63-4 Impala, he quoted approx 25K for it.
How was the quality of the glass and the top shading? How do they normally go about this making, do they have a template or do it with a makeshift farma from the car? What the guarantee on fitting? Sorry for all these questions Sirji.
Old 27th February 2009, 01:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Gents,

(Every bit and piece of the works of art displayed at the Engineers Corp stall were made in house - you should visit the workshop next time to see some mind blowing restoration work going on there including some of the top notch wood work for rolls royces and bentleys which is being exported to England and European buyers!)
I entirely agree. The qualility of the stuff displayed at the autojumble by Engineers Corporation was simply outstanding. The quality of the work especially on the dash panels, SS petrol tank was world class. My personal congratulations to Mr.Dhawan for the wonderful work of art.
S.B.Jatti.

Last edited by v12 : 27th February 2009 at 10:24.
Old 3rd March 2009, 03:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Does a genuine Nomad with those lovely trims on the (tail gate) survive in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Spot on Wasif, this is no Chevy Nomad - that's how it's being bandied! Could be a 210, although the side trims don't suggest so. Most likely a 150 Handyman as you've suggested, but then she's missing a few of the Handyman's embellishments as well. And the side rear glasshouse is really curious, particularly the C-pillar. So I really wonder what this really is, or was? Could she have been a coach-built National/Comet with all vestiges of a hearse/ambulance carefully removed? The said glasshouse, C and D pillars and rear door could suggest so.

I remember having a doubt about those side hinges on the tailgate & enquired with Gogi bhai if they were indeed correct. Anyway, here's a Nomad in Delhi (without the trims though):
HMCI Autojumble 2009-pict7720-large.jpg

HMCI Autojumble 2009-pict7721-large.jpg

HMCI Autojumble 2009-pict7722-large.jpg

HMCI Autojumble 2009-pict7723-large.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thanks for picking me up from the airport Ishan. I tell you guys the Getz Crdi is a killer. If it was avaialble in automatic, i would be standing in a line to get it. I will give it a thought when replacing my Santro.
Not a problem Gogi bhai, any time. Glad you liked the car!
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

[quote=iraghava;1196254]I remember having a doubt about those side hinges on the tailgate & enquired with Gogi bhai if they were indeed correct. Anyway, here's a Nomad in Delhi (without the trims though):

Iraghava.

Sorry to point out but the car pictured is not a 57 Chevy Nomad.

The Nomad was the top of the line model with a vey low production or spme 6,500 units.

Moreover the Nomad was a two door wagon and came only with teh Bel Air Trim Package either with the base six or the V8. The V8 cars had a V beneath the Chevy logo on the tailgate.

The Delhi Car in your pictures is either a 210 or 150 Wagon.

Below are pictures of a 1957 Chevy Nomad.
Attached Thumbnails
HMCI Autojumble 2009-1957_chevrolet_bel_air_nomad_wagon_04.jpg  

HMCI Autojumble 2009-19551957chevroletnomad3.jpg  

Old 6th March 2009, 00:39   #39
BHPian

Folks, forget all else, just look at the forward raked thick B-pillar of the Nomad, visible from most angles. That sets her apart with distinction from the lesser endowed siblings!
Old 6th March 2009, 13:18   #40
BHPian

Winners for the best stalls at the HMCI - Autojumble.

1st Prize- Engineers Corporation, New Delhi.
2nd Prize- Rajesh Gupta & Sons, Kanpur.
3rd Prize - BS Motors, New Delhi
Attached Thumbnails
HMCI Autojumble 2009-dsc_5788.jpg  

HMCI Autojumble 2009-dsc_5789.jpg  

HMCI Autojumble 2009-dsc_5790.jpg  

HMCI Autojumble 2009-dsc_5791.jpg  

HMCI Autojumble 2009-dsc_5792.jpg  

HMCI Autojumble 2009-dsc_5794.jpg  

Old 6th March 2009, 15:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Jatti View Post
Winners for the best stalls at the HMCI - Autojumble.

1st Prize- Engineers Corporation, New Delhi.
2nd Prize- Rajesh Gupta & Sons, Kanpur.
3rd Prize - BS Motors, New Delhi
Dear Mr. Jatti,

Is that you handing over the prizes?

Harit
Old 6th March 2009, 21:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Dear Mr. Jatti,

Is that you handing over the prizes?

Harit
Yes. On behalf of HMCI, I handed over the prizes to the winners.
Old 28th November 2009, 01:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I remember having a doubt about those side hinges on the tailgate & enquired with Gogi bhai if they were indeed correct. Anyway, here's a Nomad in Delhi (without the trims though):
Attachment 107007

Attachment 107008

Attachment 107009

Attachment 107010

Not a problem Gogi bhai, any time. Glad you liked the car!

Well this car used to belong to my father about 2 years ago and was sold to Mr. Manvendra singh Barwai of indore.I recognised it by the number.By the way was it standing in Pandit & Co. garage?

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 28th November 2009 at 01:05.
Old 28th November 2009, 10:31   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Well this car used to belong to my father about 2 years ago and was sold to Mr. Manvendra singh Barwai of indore.I recognised it by the number.By the way was it standing in Pandit & Co. garage?
Hi Indrojit. You had mentioned earlier that WBB 5909 was a Studebaker your grandfather bought from Bihar - which is which?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1479348-post182.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks