Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:44   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I think there is more than 1 Herald with the collection. Also not necessary that the Dharampur plate should still be fitted to the car. Also the powder blue car (I think 2121) was a Triumph, though don't remember clearly.
Yes that is a Triumph. To end the speculation, none of the Khoday cars participated. The Herald in the rally is not ex Dharampur.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:06   #47
Senior - BHPian

Great Pics. Are all the cars at the event covered ? Please try to post a complete list of participants and their cars.

That Silver Standard Coventry is a nice car. Interesting bodystyle with three doors! Is the placment of the headlights on it original ?

Regardsing the Read nad Black Morris Cowleythere seems to be something funny about its height, are those rims amd tires OE ? Also the radiator surround doesnot look original, is it a replcamnet ?

Is MYB 4444 a British Ford Model Y ?

Also any idea on who was the original owner of Doc's Red Mercedes Tourer APX 2333?
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:53   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Yes that is a Triumph. To end the speculation, none of the Khoday cars participated. The Herald in the rally is not ex Dharampur.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
It appears to be a Fiat Arditta/Balila.
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Great Pics. Are all the cars at the event covered ? Please try to post a complete list of participants and their cars.

That Silver Standard Coventry is a nice car. Interesting bodystyle with three doors! Is the placment of the headlights on it original ?

Regardsing the Read nad Black Morris Cowleythere seems to be something funny about its height, are those rims amd tires OE ? Also the radiator surround doesnot look original, is it a replcamnet ?

Also any idea on who was the original owner of Doc's Red Mercedes Tourer APX 2333?
Wasif !! There were 115 cars and about 30 two wheelers. We had to prune down the list from the 160 car entries as the sponsors could not accomodate such large numbers. I have posted most of the cars that participated. Doc as always had a large representation and I have not posted most of his cars, as they have been featured regularly on this forum. The other deliberate omissions were, Citroens, Mercs,Morris, Austin etc.

Red & Black Morris Cowley is a new addition in the club, so do not have much details. Red Mercedes ( APX 2333 ) was bought by Doc from Bangalore, have not details of its previous Hyderabad owners.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To end the speculation, none of the Khoday cars participated.
Why didn't Khoday cars participate? And how many doc's cars came?
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:19   #51
BHPian

The Red and Black Morris Cowley seemed to have trouble while on its way back home.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes BMY 7225 stopped just two kms after leaving the hotel. It was towed later. Fiat MHD stopped in a signal and started after long.

Fiat
Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club- Dec 09 Meet/Rally-dsc00803.jpg
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:44   #53
BHPian

Yes Sir, good eye, belongs to my friend Suresh from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Kudos to Banglorites-great looking well maintained cars. What is CKA 639? Is it a Heinkel? Never seen one in India before. Are there more?
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasif !! There were 115 cars and about 30 two wheelers. We had to prune down the list from the 160 car entries as the sponsors could not accomodate such large numbers. The other deliberate omissions were, Citroens, Mercs,Morris, Austin etc.

Red & Black Morris Cowley is a new addition in the club, so do not have much details.
Wow, 115 cars and 30 bikes, a very good number. And no modern non-classics in the entry list. Here in Mumbai events we almost take anything to make up the numbers, and with gaps in between

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Mercedes BMY 7225 stopped just two kms after leaving the hotel. It was towed later. Fiat MHD stopped in a signal and started after long.
Please do not forget that these are old cars, and many are not driven every day which can cause failures. But I have driven this very Fiat at an event in Bangalore many years ago and completed the run.

Quote:
Great Pics.

Regardsing the Red and Black Morris Cowley there seems to be something funny about its height, are those rims amd tires OE ? Also the radiator surround doesnot look original, is it a replcamnet ?
The Standard does look slightly odd with what appears to be smaller headlights. But having a 3-door body is not unusual, many tourers and sedans of the 1920's had such a configuration with the stepney placed where the drivers door should be.
Morris Cowley looks like it has a remade radiator, but wheels seem alright.
MYB 4444 is definitely a Fiat Ballila.

Cheers harit

Last edited by harit : 23rd December 2009 at 13:20.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post

Please do not forget that these are old cars, and many are not driven every day which can cause failures. But I have driven this very Fiat at an event in Bangalore many years ago and completed the run.

Cheers harit
Sir,
I know these are old cars and have not forgotten that as yet.

I posted all kind of pics related to the rally, so I posted pics and told about the cars which stopped. Not to insult the cars or owners.
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:25   #56
BHPian

MYB 4444 is a Fiat Balilla. I have known this car since 20 years. It used to be owned by a Doctor - a single owner car. His second car was MYB 4443, a Mark 1 Ambassador. MPE 4443 is an Adler Trumpf.
I had a chance to see the damage to CAN 734 from close quarters. The petrol pipe from the SU pump, which is fitted on the left hand side of the bulkhead, was plastic and not a metal braided one. This pipe is to be fitted along the bulkhead, and it connects to the twin carburettors on the right side of the engine, at a safe distance from the manifold. However, this pipe had been weighed down by a modern fuel filter fitted inline. This petrol pipe seems to have trailed over the manifold and melted where it came in contact with it, thereby spiling petrol onto it, with predictable consequences. Luckily, the fire did not travel back along the pipe.
Old 23rd December 2009, 23:31   #57
BHPian

Post Deleted

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 24th December 2009 at 09:23. Reason: Sending you a PM
Old 24th December 2009, 16:29   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
The KVCCC rally was awesome. All the cars assembled at the basement of the ITC hotel. At 11 the cars was flagged off to Bangalore Palace Grounds by Transport Minister.
One freak thing happened to a MG, CAN 734. Will tell about it later.
Pics:
All the car are excellent master piece, especially the Fiat1100 with Audi logo is fabulous car. If premier had made car like that it would not have been face-off from India.
Old 26th July 2010, 00:12   #59
BHPian

heinkel tourist red

hi who is the owner of this red heinkel tourist????
Old 26th July 2010, 15:45   #60
BHPian

I last saw this Heinkel scooter in 2007 with a mechanic in Shivajinagar, and he was quoting really high price for it. After some time, i went is search of this guy and he had moved from there. Anyways took a few pictures when the body was separated and here they are... it had a continental tyre as well....

There was another Heinker scooter in Chennai, actually 2, one was a donor. These were brought to Bangalore last year and is currently waiting to be restored.

Weren't these manufactured by BMW?
Attached Thumbnails
Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club- Dec 09 Meet/Rally-07092007001.jpg  

Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club- Dec 09 Meet/Rally-07092007003.jpg  

Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club- Dec 09 Meet/Rally-07092007004.jpg  

Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club- Dec 09 Meet/Rally-07092007006.jpg  

Karnataka Vintage and Classic Car Club- Dec 09 Meet/Rally-07092007007.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks