Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:11   #46
BHPian

Re: Vintage and Classic Car Rally Feb'2010- Jaipur

By the way the photographs shows Jaipur has a breathtaking array of cars -wonderful cars - Thanks to all the contributors .
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:57   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageman View Post
A dieselised car with a gear shift sticking out ......Sorry Harit if the above is a bit harsh - but the comment after 4 + 3. Regards Chauhan
Hey Vintageman, let me explain my point of view.
Deogarh is friends with me, so would not say much bad about the car. So tried to justify the dieselisation, but I have not overlooked it.
The car is very presentable if you don't look too close at the gearshift. It is certainly better than what you see at some events, kit cars, old cars with new bodies, and ugly creations. And it also looks quite period 1954 for a vintage and classic rally than 1980's Mercedes cars would.
About reliability, well being dieselised and fuel injected, it is more reliable than a car with an old engine, issues with vapour lock, fuel pumps, ignition coils failing etc. have proven that these cars when dieselised run better when required. But I am also against it, prefer as much originality as possible, but when you run an establishment you must have more reliability.
And I may change my opinion after 4 + 3, whatever that means

Cheers harit
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:09   #48
BHPian

Good Evening Harit ,

My apologies for the unwarranted harangue about the car - it was not required , I have been trying to remove/ edit the post , but was unable to access the function . This morning I have requested the mods to remove the post.

Regards
Chauhan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks