Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2011, 23:08   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d versus Audi A6

Thanks Turbanator. Will do that tomorrow. I am going to give them the advance cheque tomorrow so will have that discussion.
Old 28th August 2011, 00:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Manvirr,

Sorry am a little late to this discussion but believe me you have made the best choice in the segment, I drive 50% of the time on rough roads and believe me I mean off roading segments and the F10 is perfectly well mated and I have used the E350 and S350 / 500 on the same patch and yes while the F10 is not as comfort oriented as the others due to RFT it still is pretty close as BMW adapted the car perfectly well for RFTs. This is the specific reason why BMW India is not giving better alloys as they do not want to exceed the rim size of 17" and that with higher profile tyres are doing a good job to garner sales of the highest kind in it's segment.

Engine, believe me nothing in this planet will come close to the 530d motor, and if you can wait few weeks you will get even more power not that you need any as BMW India will adapt to the new 258bhp/560Nm of torque engine, even in it's current state it's a blast and nothing can beat the balance of an inline 6!

And when it comes to features, believe me do check other threads, nothing is as loaded to the brim as the 530d is, and thats one area it has its entire competetion outdone and a point not even worth discussing as there are enough threads where I have repeated this, HUD, Navigation, Rear Screen,

Also trust me the quality of interiors is as good as the rest, it's just that it's not overly done with a mix of loads of materials for which the dash may look a little subtle, but there has been no compromise of any kind in the quality it's an arguement best put to rest and most international reviews and your own eyes can see it,

Do post your ownership report, and overall experience with the purchase, also if you intend to order a particular colour combo do try ask for a lot with the new engine!

Regards,
Old 28th August 2011, 06:41   #33
BHPian

Beemer all the way,Nothing compares with the drive, its probably the best choice you ever made!
Old 28th August 2011, 10:48   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

For someone who takes the driver's seat 100% of the time, 5-series is just perfect. No experience with A6, but surely better than E-class. Very agile and nimble even in city commute for a car of this size.

Run flats: If you take BMW secure, the cost aspect is covered. As per convenience, I bought a full wheel spare that I take along on really long drives. I was told space-saver might be available by this time of the year (it wasn't in Apr-2011). The workshop told me some owners have driven close to 300KM with "whatever" attitude without any damage to the alloy or suspension. It is a pain, I agree. But not a deal breaker. To be honest, I like run flats. During a flat, you are less likely to lose control and it doesn't require to change the tire immediately esp during unfavourable conditions (rain, night, congested road, with decked up family, running late for flight/meeting, etc.) One such incident in life and you may thank run flats!

I think 5-Series works out to be cheaper to buy and provides optional coverages (BMW Secure, BSI) to minimize risk of costs going out of hand.
Old 28th August 2011, 13:23   #35
BHPian

@manvirr: Congrats on buying the 530D! Great decision. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot.

Guys, I have a question. If you replace runflats with tubeless tires, does this affect the BMW Warranty?
Also, the only thing that has prevented me from buying a bmw is that on long journeys, incase I were to get a puncture and there is no "good" puncture repair station nearby, what do I do? Ofcourse the option of carrying an extra wheel is always there but long distance I would have luggage in the boot & no space for the wheel. Let's assume there is no puncture repair station for 250-300kms. What am I supposed to do in such a scenario?
Old 29th August 2011, 11:38   #36
BHPian

Thanks S350-E240, I read your thread on Beemer ownership ad am glad you are loving the car. I have bood the 530 last week. Should take the delivery this week sometime. I just loved the beemer. A6 lacks character when compared to the beemer and E350 was just no fun. On Run flats, the dealer told me to carry a portable compressor and if the runflat warning comes on, just fill up the tire with air. Drive till the nearest repair station that repair tubless tires and just ask them to perform a normal tubeless tyre repair. They said this would work and not cancel the warranty.

S350-E240
Old 29th August 2011, 18:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

manvirr,

Glad I could help, it surely is a perfect sedan, good comfort, ride, quality and the highest features in the segment, and the BMW India support, btw what is the interior colour you get? Also would your car include the HUD / Navigation & Rear view camera? If yes, please do post pics of the HUD + Navigation in action, I truly miss that.

Have miles and miles of good driving, there is no better car.

Regards,
Old 29th August 2011, 18:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Do all BMWs with runflats also come with TPMS?
The entire concept of runflats is based on the premise of a TPMS signal otherwise you will destroy the tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Apprently, it is a legal requirement abroad for runflats
In the US, its is now mandated that all cars have TPMS starting from 2011. This was the fallout from the Explorer rollover issue. Not sure about EU.

Last edited by Mpower : 30th August 2011 at 22:49.
Old 29th August 2011, 18:55   #39
Team-BHP Support

Great choice there, mate!

The 530 d is a wonderful car. I second Akshay. A black car is a huge hassle. Especially if it's a Bimmer. You won't be able to enjoy your meal at your favorite restaurant in peace, knowing that your BMW is exposed to the elements. Black has this tendency to 'show-off' its scratches and blemishes. The grey would hide it better.

I know it's a little late now, but did you consider the Jaguar XF-S (diesel)?

It's a great car, this. Especially if you drive yourself. It drives as well as the BMW, IMO, has a very plush ride, and it looks absolutely stunning! And @ 49 lakhs, ex-showroom, it's a great buy too.

Just a thought.
Old 29th August 2011, 21:55   #40
BHPian

Thanks Suhaas,

I'm not inclined towards the Jag. Actually they had imperial blue readily available and because it does not have the HUD or the rearview camera, they were giving a huge discount on the car. The interiors are Beige. All in all it looked good. Just waiting for the loan to get through. Hopefully will be picking up the car tomorrow.

Manvir

Manvir
Old 31st August 2011, 04:28   #41
BHPian

Finally got the 530.... Amazing experience... Will not put the Accord V6 for sale...

Will write the initial ownership report in a few days...

Cheers
Manvir
Old 31st August 2011, 12:01   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manvirr View Post
Finally got the 530.... Amazing experience... Will not put the Accord V6 for sale...

Will write the initial ownership report in a few days...

Cheers
Manvir
That is a good choice my friend. The 530d is fast, but its still a nice change to drive a high revving petrol, a diesel cannot give you that experience. What colour and interior did you get finally?
Old 31st August 2011, 12:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manvirr,

Really will be one of the finest experiences you will have with a car purchase, do post pictures and initial reports soon, would love to know if there is anything you disliked?

Also if you would not mind posting the deal you got or PM me?

Do resist the paddle shifts for the first few days

Regards,
Old 31st August 2011, 16:26   #44
BHPian

Akshay, I got Imperial Blue with beige interiors.

S350-E240, This is really a mean car. I'm enjoying it. Done 200 kms on the first day. Actually Sheer driving pleasure. I'll pm you the deal later when I have the rights to PM, but it was a sweet deal.

Manvir
Old 17th September 2011, 03:16   #45
BHPian

Congrats Manvir! Any chance you could post pics of the iDrive navigation? And of course of the meaner itself

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks