Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 13:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti 1000 - keep it or sell it?-Update: bought Accent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
There are few scrap dealer and the AC repair shop itself provide me a second hand compressor but whole thing is that the AC will still not work good. I know this because when the AC was working of this car, it struggled to cool and engine temp. would also rise up in traffic. What this car will need is a esteem engine swap.

Never seen working them with corolla but have seen premium cars getting repaired there so they must be able to do corolla as well.
I have a 13 year old esteem and she still sings. I did have a M-1000 sometime back and I too gave the esteem engine swap a great deal of thought and decided to get an esteem itself. However, in this time and age, I will not recommend an engine swap. I would also suggest letting go off the 1000 ASAP. Next, considering your budget, the used corolla is a terrific option, has the same reliability and parts are not very expensive, available off the shelf in the grey market.

But you can get a low run 2007 model esteem for around 2L and that too would not be a bad idea.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:05   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

This car was very long in the tooth many decades back. If you have an emotional attachment, sell it - and dont expect anything towards a decent resale.

If you have an emotional attachment, you could look at an engine transplant!
Old 29th February 2012, 16:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I don't think you have mentioned how old is the car (although i know 1000 was re-badged Esteem sometime around 1995), but i might be wrong, also tried searching how many Kms you have done on this, couldn't get that info from the post.
My bad, I didn't mention car details. Here are they:

1994 Model
Km done: 32675 I doubt these numbers when I look at gear lever! I think its 132675 as the odo is only 5 digit. However engine is still doing fine, spits water everytime I start the car.

Some 4+ years back I bought this second hand from a car dealer after I saved some $$ from making websites so bought this with my own money. I was not t-bhp member that time otherwise I would have bought actual esteem as I didn't knew the difference between the 1000 and esteem.

What parts I changed in these 4 years:
Clutch
Battery (twice)
Silencer
left drive shaft
steering ball joint
dashboard (found a almost new like in scrap so changed mine as it was not in good shape)

So above things are in perfect order except the car is showing age with its body shell and interior like door pads, trims, suspension and AC
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:43   #34
BHPian

UPDATE

Bought a pre-owned Hyundai Accent today. Its a 2007 model. Discussed about this vehicle here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hread-287.html

Got the car checked by my mechanic and he gave a green flag to buy. Also did a complete service (all fluids and filter change) in which I also changed the battery with New Amaron Pro as it was running on OEM battery which was out of juice (car was standing for a month).
Hashim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 19:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Many many congratulations on your pre worshipped Hyundai Accent. The best thing is that you got it at a throw away price.

a) Did you part with your Maruti 1000?
b) Did you confirm that the odo reading of your Hyundai Accent is genuine?

Now that you've bought home the car, you must share the ownership log once you start crunching the miles on literally non existing roads
Old 3rd March 2012, 20:40   #36
BHPian

Thanks Klub Class.

a) No I did not part with my old car. The dealer offered me 25k for it at which I was ready but my dad refused. It will be used to bring vegetables from nearby village wholesale market (vegs real cheap there :P ) and so on.

b) Car keys, gear knob were fine and not much worn plus my trusted old mechanic confirmed that engine and body is in perfect shape.

Ya I'll post ownership log but for now when I brought the car home, it was so quite inside the car with no "khit pit" sound. What a relief!!
Hashim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 21:20   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti 1000 - keep it or sell it?-Update: bought Accent!

Congrats on the purchase. Thread closed.

Edit: Thread reopened on request

Last edited by noopster : 6th March 2012 at 09:00.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 16:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Bought a pre-owned Hyundai Accent today. Its a 2007 model. Discussed about this vehicle here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hread-287.html
Did you pick that up from an used car dealer ? It is awfully parked out. Hope the car is in good shape otherwise. Post some clean snaps of the car.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats hashim
Accent is an excellent car,i just sold mine in january after more than a lakh kms,and trust me in those 1L kms i never had a breakdown,and never did she ask for a second crank of engine-always started on first crank.
Old 8th March 2012, 20:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Did you pick that up from an used car dealer ? It is awfully parked out. Hope the car is in good shape otherwise. Post some clean snaps of the car.
Yes right, from a used car dealer. It had some minor problems due to open parking:

1. Someone wrote "xylo" on its bonnet and two three fine scratches done by kids. Very light but still visible.
2. Door handles have developed mould spots which I am discussing here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...guide-367.html

3. Its battery conked out (it was standing for 2 - 3 months) so I bargained and got 50% of price of new battery from him bought a Amaron Pro

4. It has got tubeless tyre and one of them is losing air and don't have much thread left. I think dealer has sold off its tyre and put bad ones. I am going to get her new shoes after Holi

I'll post pics after I get her new shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats hashim
Accent is an excellent car,i just sold mine in january after more than a lakh kms,and trust me in those 1L kms i never had a breakdown,and never did she ask for a second crank of engine-always started on first crank.
Thanks! its really a good car, smooth like silk and easy to drive and park despite being bigger than my older M1000.

Last edited by Hashim : 8th March 2012 at 20:56.
Old 8th March 2012, 22:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Hashim, I had an Accent when it was launched in '99 and owned it till 2005 its a nice family sedan with great interiors but with a very low set rear seat.
Old 9th March 2012, 14:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

4. It has got tubeless tyre and one of them is losing air and don't have much thread left. I think dealer has sold off its tyre and put bad ones. I am going to get her new shoes after Holi
Check the dates on the tyres which will tell if the ODO was tampered or not.
Old 9th March 2012, 15:23   #43
BHPian

Tyres are of year 2008, I think these were bought second hand from tyre shop and put on by the seller/dealer.
Old 9th March 2012, 15:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Congragulations on the Accent. My uncle has an Accent and I used it drive it a lot so familiar with it.

Couple of things to look out for.

The original diesel engines used to conk off between the 80K and 100K mark.
Clearance is very low and on Coorg roads I have occasionally scraped the bottom because I am used to driving the Omni which has pretty good clearance.

It is really a brilliant car with regards to comfort and space. It is also quite reliable and not very difficult to repair (my uncle does it in Mysore so there is a dealer, but still)
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 14:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Post some clean snaps of the car.
Sorry for the delay, got new tyres installed yesterday and washed the car this morning.

Tyres are MRF ZV2K Tubeless 185 - 65 - R14, could not find 60 in the whole city so had to settle with this size.

Maruti 1000 - keep it or sell it?-Update: bought Accent!-img_0207.jpg

Maruti 1000 - keep it or sell it?-Update: bought Accent!-img_0208.jpg

Maruti 1000 - keep it or sell it?-Update: bought Accent!-img_0210.jpg

Now I have 8 used tyres lying in my garage ( 4 of esteem and 4 of accent) will get rid of them soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks