Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 15:43   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti 1000 - keep it or sell it?-Update: bought Accent!

congratulations on your accent; you seem to have got yourself a nice deal.

give a nice polish and waxing to the car and it will shine like new; how long it would stay in that shape is questionable though given the conditions you mentioned you drive in.

why did you decide on MRF tyres? any particular reason? and how much did you pay for the same?
Old 15th March 2012, 15:55   #47
BHPian

No particular reason for choosing MRF, I went for bridgestone, appolo, ceat and every other dealer and none of them had 185/60/R14 which is the correct upsize. At last after driving to almost end of my city I found this MRF dealer and he had 185/65/R14 so I bought this as I did wanted slight higher profile tyre for my bad roads. I paid 4k per tyre. Other dealers were pushing me for 175/70 (better mileage saar) and even 185/80
Old 19th March 2012, 11:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Looks neat now. Congrats. What about the ICE ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
and even 185/80
Old 19th March 2012, 12:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase Hashim! Accent is a trustworthy companion & a lot of my near & dear ones use it (mostly petrols). The only sore point is the low mileage but except that it's a tank.

As for the Santro, I can vouch that it's a gem of a machine with a rugged & solid built & almost unshakeable. This comes from a personal experience with the Santro for 9 years & 98K kms, during which the car has not undergone any repairs, except AC servicing on two occasions & routine services without any fancy oils or fluids.

Now, just get an orange Waxpol tin, & spend a day on the car. You would get 2 benefits, the first being a solid forearm & wrist and second being a fantastic & durable coat of wax on your car's paint.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 19th March 2012 at 12:14.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 15:29   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Now, just get an orange Waxpol tin, & spend a day on the car. You would get 2 benefits, the first being a solid forearm & wrist and second being a fantastic & durable coat of wax on your car's paint.
I will die of exhaustion man.. That thing is hard to rub off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Looks neat now. Congrats. What about the ICE ?
It has a OEM mp3 CD player, two oval at back and two small ones in door (4 inches maybe). I am satisfied with its sound quality right now but sure upgrade it as it lacks the BASS and I love deep BASS
Old 19th March 2012, 17:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

True, but on a serious note, if you plan on doing it then just target a 3ft by 3ft area at a time. Once you apply it to such a section, just do the swipe test & wipe it off. Similarly, do the whole car because it appears hard to buff only when it's either applied too thick or left for long enough to make it dry (instead of a slight haze).

Good luck with the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
I will die of exhaustion man.. That thing is hard to rub off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks