Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 18:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vento or Rapid - just price difference or am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Hi
The revised quote that I have is
Rs.14,80,155 (On road) + Rs.23000 (Insurance by my own) + Rs. 24000 (Extended warranty)
Totaling to Rs.15,27,155.
The above includes Rs.6900 logistics charges and Rs.4499 for floor mats and mudflaps.
What's with these logistics charges? Is it just another term for "Handling Charges"?
In that case, FYI, GoI has banned dealers from charging handling charges. Get those struck off anyhow. Push for extended warranty.

In 5 years of ownership of the Vento, if there's one thing I know, it is the fact that these cars can give a run for their money to cars from higher segments in terms of drivability and the Fun-To-Drive factor.

You can read more about my car here.
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 18:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
The revised quote that I have is Rs.14,80,155 (On road) + Rs.23000 (Insurance by my own) + Rs. 24000 (Extended warranty) Totaling to Rs.15,27,155.
Would you say this is good enough to book a Vento? I have made up my mind that this is the car or else nothing for now.
It's a much better quote now. A few thousands here and there hardly matter for a 15 lakh purchase. Just seal the deal and bring the Vento home!
Old 27th July 2021, 18:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
What's with these logistics charges? Is it just another term for "Handling Charges"? You can read more about my car here.
Thanks, Akash. Yes, handling or logistics charges are the same and I am insisting they remove it.
Also, I have been through your thread and found it really helpful. I will keep all posted on how this goes about.
Travelwriter
travelwriter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 19:57   #79
BHPian

[quote=travelwriter;5111181]Hi
The revised quote that I have is
Rs.14,80,155 (On road) + Rs.23000 (Insurance by my own) + Rs. 24000 (Extended warranty)
Totaling to Rs.15,27,155.
The above includes Rs.6900 logistics charges and Rs.4499 for floor mats and mudflaps.
/quote]

Hi All,
After much discussion and a visit to a second dealer, here is the final quote I got.
Rs.15,09,740. (Rs.14,68,470 on road + Rs.41,000 insurance).
This includes insurance but not service value package or the extended warranty. I have said yes to this offer.

On the insurance, I checked the web and found Zero Depreciation insurance being quoted at around Rs.22,000+ (from Acko). However, the dealer says he covers additional elements with his insurance which the others do not. Here they are.
1. Comprehensive and zero dep
2. Engine protector
3. Consumables
4. Key protector
5. Return to invoice.

Is there any merit in paying an extra Rs.19,000 for these extra elements?
Travelwriter.
Old 21st September 2021, 12:20   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
It's a much better quote now. A few thousands here and there hardly matter for a 15 lakh purchase. Just seal the deal and bring the Vento home!
Finally, I have brought the Vento home. I could only get the toffee brown colour and got a good final deal of Rs.14,82,000 on-road.

It has been just over a month now and I can say confidently that I made a great decision. It was a toss up between the Rapid and the Vento in the end but the poor response from Skoda showroom led me to finalise on Vento. It is a different matter that I leant towards the Vento from the beginning.

I had some misgivings about the 1-litre, 3-cylinder engine but, boy, was I wrong! It is great to drive in traffic and even better on open roads. Overtaking in heavy traffic is easy and overall, it doesn't feel like a small-engined car.
The only grouse I have is the TC transmission. Having owned the 1.8 TSI Passat earlier, I can see the difference between the DSG and this. The problem of lag is just at the low end (<2200 rpm), though. Beyond that, it is a breeze.
Overall, a great car and good pre-sale attention by the showroom.

I am still pondering on the service value package (costing about Rs.41,000) and the extended warranty (costing about Rs.29,000). Should I go for these?

Thanks to all members who helped me take this decision.
Travelwriter
travelwriter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 13:32   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, I have brought the Vento home. I could only get the toffee brown colour and got a good final deal of Rs.14,82,000 on-road. I am still pondering on the service value package (costing about Rs.41,000) and the extended warranty (costing about Rs.29,000). Should I go for these?
Thanks to all members who helped me take this decision.
Travelwriter
Congrats! SVP is dealer specific and not offered directly by VW. So only buy it if you're sure you will get it serviced at the same dealer. Also, just for reference I got a 2 year SVP for 17k a few months back, so unless 41k is for 5 years of SVP, it doesn't make any sense to buy it. I recommend you to take the extended warranty for peace of mind.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks