Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 11:28   #61
BHPian

Re: Keep My VW Polo 1.6 OR Upgrade To The 2017 VW Vento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Oh no I was comparing them in terms of space, not power or build quality. In terms of power and build quality my Polo 1.6 is a stunner.
I am surprised why Scross 1.6 is not in your list? If you are looking at Jazz from space perspective then Scross1.3 should also be in your consideration as it offers both space and fantastic FE with the best build quality Maruti can offer in India?
Old 16th February 2017, 12:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I am surprised why Scross 1.6 is not in your list? If you are looking at Jazz from space perspective then Scross1.3 should also be in your consideration as it offers both space and fantastic FE with the best build quality Maruti can offer in India?
Frankly, after moving on to the Germans, I have gotten so used to their stability that nothing else seems to match them in terms of quality. I have realized that if I want more space, I will need to look at the Jap or Korean brands. Hence my initial post did not mention any other car/brand but the Vento. Anyway, I will take a look at the S-Cross but is pretty under powered at 88 bhp.

After going through all the posts, I think I may just stick to my Polo 1.6 for at least another year.
Old 16th February 2017, 12:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Frankly, after moving on to the Germans, I have gotten so used to their stability that nothing else seems to match them in terms of quality. I have realized that if I want more space, I will need to look at the Jap or Korean brands. Hence my initial post did not mention any other car/brand but the Vento. Anyway, I will take a look at the S-Cross but is pretty under powered at 88 bhp.

After going through all the posts, I think I may just stick to my Polo 1.6 for at least another year.
I agree with you and would recommend a wait.

No doubts 1.3 version is under powered but good from a daily city office commute perspective. If you are looking at power you know what to TD (1.6)
Old 16th February 2017, 14:16   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your wishes. I would prefer the Europeans simply because of the build quality. I would also prefer a car with ISOFIX.

What abut the Honda Jazz?
Honda Jazz is by far the most spacious hatchback in segment. Practicality and flexibility wise, it trumps the competition. But is it a worthy replacement for the now nostalgic Polo 1.6? Not at all, atleast taking into account chasis, drive train etc. So if yes practicality and space is what you are gunning for, then Jazz is the best bet out there. As long as you can live with the tiny engine given that you have got used to the 1.6.

If you are going to find S Cross under powered and light in build quality, then you won't be happy with the Jazz at all. If not Vento, and you want a car which is a size smaller but big in space, you can consider Ford Aspire Diesel as well.

This is where a car like Golf would have been perfect, but alas

Last edited by rageshgr : 16th February 2017 at 14:21.
Old 16th February 2017, 16:03   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just to clarify, yours is the petrol polo 1.6 right? Some responses seem to be based on the assumption that it is the diesel Polo 1.6 TDI( the GT TDI). For example the comparison with the GT TSI.
Old 16th February 2017, 16:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just to clarify, yours is the petrol polo 1.6 right? Some responses seem to be based on the assumption that it is the diesel Polo 1.6 TDI( the GT TDI). For example the comparison with the GT TSI.
Hi Rajeevraj,

Yes my car is a 2011 VW Polo 1.6 Petrol.
Old 15th March 2017, 02:32   #67
BHPian

Re: Vento / Rapid or VW Polo GT TDI

Polo is not a bad car at all but Vento or the new Rapid would be far more better purchase in this case. Where Polo suffers is rear leg room and interior space. Doesn't have rear AC vents, neither comes with basic necessity like arm rest on front or rear seats. Vento / Rapid both have more VFM in this scenario. Although its not a difficult or very expensive job to get these features installed on the Polo. Plus you would get a proper sedans. And new Rapid looks much better. The only problem while sealing the deal here would be its after sale service. If you can manager to live with that, go with Rapid according to me.
Old 24th July 2021, 17:32   #68
BHPian

Vento or Rapid - just price difference or am I missing something?

Hi All,

Finally, I have steeled my mind and am ready to take the plunge. I have decided to buy a new car after having ruled out used cars mainly due to fear of being cheated.

I looked at almost all the brands with just one condition - I did not want tall hatchbacks (calling themselves SUVs) and looked at only sedans. That narrowed my consideration set quite a bit. While I will not be going into details, here are the cars I rejected after driving them around a bit.
Ciaz
Aspire
i20 (though not a sedan)
Yaris
City.

I am finally down to either
Rapid Style AT or
Vento Highline Plus AT
(yes, I am looking at an auto transmission).

I intend driving about 800-1,000 kms a month. My driving style is sedate but I suspect I will be using the S-mode more often. I am okay with an FE of 12 or so. I am not too keen to be the fist off the block at every traffic signal. I prioritize safety over creature comforts. The must-have features for me are
i. Airbags (at least 4)
ii. Good braking
iii. Could handling around corners
iv. Good headlights
v. Parking camera or at least sensors
vi. Good boot space
vii. Sound insulation
Nice to have features are
viii. Rain sensing wipers
ix. Auto headlights

Infotainment is not important to me at all. I'd prefer the least intrusive system.

Here is the price quote I received from the two.

I realize that both these models are being end-dated and I feel I could squeeze a bit more discount out of the two. These are already discounted prices (Vento-99,000 and Rapid-46,000).

I have decided to go for insurance on my own (Acko is offering it at Rs.23,000) and I plan to take the extended warranty later on to save it.

Here are my questions.
1. Is there any chance of getting more discounts?
2. Does it make any sense to buy the 'Accessories' package; all it has are floor mats, mud flaps and cushions.
3. Which of these two will give me more peace of mind?

I have waited long and I kept pushing out the decision for over two years. I regret not buying the Octavia 1.8 TSI when I could and now my budget has considerably gone down.

Can I get some sound advice on how to pull down the price and which of the two is a better buy.
(PS: For some reason, I am leaning towards the Vento. The dealer is right outside my house).

Last edited by travelwriter : 24th July 2021 at 17:33. Reason: Grammar
Old 24th July 2021, 18:09   #69
BHPian

Re: Vento or Rapid - just price difference or am I missing something?

They're essentially the same car. If you like them both design wise then get the Vento as you're getting it for a better price. Ask the dealer to throw in the accessories to sweeten the deal but be quick about it as the production has apparently ended, and the longer you wait the harder it will be to get the color/variant of your choice. The deal on the Vento looks good to me, so buy it while you can!
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 18:13   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Hi All,

house).
Sorry did not realize that the table was not visible. Here are the price details.
Comparison between Vento and Rapid

Ex-Showroom

On-Road

Life tax
Insurance
Accessories + TCS
Logistics
Ext War
Drive Assure
TCS

Last edited by travelwriter : 24th July 2021 at 18:15. Reason: Formatting
Old 24th July 2021, 18:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry did not realize that the table was not visible. Here are the price details.
Comparison between Vento and Rapid
Tell the dealer to drop the logistics charge. It's illegal anyway! Also, mud flaps and floor mats should cost you around 4-5k. Rest of it looks good to me assuming that the OTR is inclusive of extended warranty.
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 18:40   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
....assuming that the OTR is inclusive of extended warranty.
Thanks for this.

The extended warranty is not included for either of them. That should be a good point for me to push for.
Old 24th July 2021, 20:24   #73
BHPian

Try to add the extended warranty in the on road price, that would be maximum I guess they will give you as the profit they make in insurance is out of picture since you are getting it yourself.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 13:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
Try to add the extended warranty in the on road price, that would be maximum I guess they will give you as the profit they make in insurance is out of picture since you are getting it yourself.
Hi
The revised quote that I have is
Rs.14,80,155 (On road) + Rs.23000 (Insurance by my own) + Rs. 24000 (Extended warranty)
Totaling to Rs.15,27,155.
The above includes Rs.6900 logistics charges and Rs.4499 for floor mats and mudflaps.

Would you say this is good enough to book a Vento? I have made up my mind that this is the car or else nothing for now.
Travelwriter
Old 27th July 2021, 17:58   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
The revised quote that I have is
Rs.14,80,155 (On road) + Rs.23000 (Insurance by my own) + Rs. 24000 (Extended warranty)
Totaling to Rs.15,27,155.
The above includes Rs.6900 logistics charges and Rs.4499 for floor mats and mudflaps.
What I can see is that he has only reduced 50k from the earlier quote out (15.31L) of which 40k is insurance. Try to get the same at 15L all inclusive I think that should be good enough.

I'll let other fellow BHPians to weigh in if there is something else that can be done.
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks