Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 21:11   #76
BHPian

I have driven an eeco . AFAIK its RWD .
Old 24th January 2014, 13:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cheap Car...or a Bullet?

The EECO is much more expensive compared to the Omni - 3.12 vs 2.55. Both are RWD.

You get a factory fitted AC option in Eeco but not in the Omni.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 11:34   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post
2. A Bullet: Why?
- Simply because I never owned one.. So, should be good be have a companion which clams to cure "Male Menopause"..
Well i purchased my first TBTS in November 2011 and it will be my last. 5 of my friends purchased an RE in the last 2 months of November and have been beating our heads for the decisions we had made. 2 TBTS, 1 Classic 350 and 2 Classic 500.. all of them started giving problems the day the warranty period was over.

Worst after sales experience till date. The company representative i met after registering a lot of complaints said in a friendly manner, i quote " Sir the whole lot manufactured in that year has defects."

I should have recorded it or noted it down and taken his Autograph on it. it

Would never in my whole life suggest anyone to buy an RE.
(Personal experience)
calypsoGT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 00:48   #79
BHPian

So recker_us, what is the status now? Did you firm upon a M/cycle of a 4 wheeler? Is it going to be a RE Bullet or an Alto or an Eeco or a Wagon R? what is your itinerary? Lot's of T-BHP brothers have contributed to this thread. so guess it is only logical that they hear your decision and itinerary

Last edited by ashkamath : 16th February 2014 at 00:52.
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 02:04   #80
BHPian

Bullet.... maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
Well i purchased my first TBTS in November 2011 and it will be my last. 5 of my friends purchased an RE in the last 2 months of November and have been beating our heads for the decisions we had made. 2 TBTS, 1 Classic 350 and 2 Classic 500.. all of them started giving problems the day the warranty period was over.. ........

Would never in my whole life suggest anyone to buy an RE.
(Personal experience)
Well, here's some more of the same point of view from a well informed owner.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-engine-2.html

Cheers !

(PS : What did you finally end up buying - just curious ?)

Last edited by Ironhide : 23rd March 2014 at 02:08.
Old 23rd March 2014, 08:24   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@

A Wagon-R would have lesser space for you + a cycle.

How about a foldable cycle to remove space challenge from the equation?
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 14:15   #82
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all your insightful opinion. Please accept my sincere apologies for not being on this forum for a long time..

I was offered an assignment outside India which allowed me save enough to convert my sabbatical into a semi-retirement.. And I just bite the bait for one last time.. Hoping to be back in India by end of September and start my trip..

Thank you for finally convincing me to go for a car.. All respects to your opinion which have swayed me in favor of an "Used WagonR". While you pampered me with too many options, finally WagonR looked more appealing. This is because:

- I am used to a higher seating position given my past ownership of a Safari.
- I had two trip in past in a friend's WagonR which were a week long and the vehicle was decently comfortable.
- WagonR hopefully would be more comfortable than the Alto and M800.
- Planning to get a vehicle not more than 3 years old and done not more than 30000 kilometers to minimize chances of breakdowns. Hoping to get one such vehicle at around 2.5 Lacs. Yeah, the delay of 6 months gives me extra money to increase the budget by another 1 lac compared to early budget . Not sure if that's a realistic price.

I am willing to spend another 50k on the vehicle for any internal modifications to make it more comfortable, roomy(???) and good enough to be my lil camper where I can sleep at night if required.

Any tips and pointers on any internal modifications would be really helpful.

Thanks
JP

Last edited by recker_us : 16th July 2014 at 14:24. Reason: .
Old 17th July 2014, 13:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

If you are going to remote places, better buy a new vehicle. It will normally not break down withing 3 years, and even if it does you have three years warranty. There is nothing like a small glitch/break down to spoil a journey.
Old 18th July 2014, 11:12   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you are going to remote places, better buy a new vehicle. It will normally not break down withing 3 years, and even if it does you have three years warranty. There is nothing like a small glitch/break down to spoil a journey.
If I opt for a new vehicle, then I may have to settle for the cheapest tallboy vehicle like Eeco.. I am not aware how Eeco compares to WagonR in terms of driving comfort..
Old 19th July 2014, 18:42   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recker_us View Post
If I opt for a new vehicle, then I may have to settle for the cheapest tallboy vehicle like Eeco.. I am not aware how Eeco compares to WagonR in terms of driving comfort..
I have no idea of Eeco, but I have taken the Omni Van to the hills. Believe me the van is a sure footed goat on steep roads, and its turning circle is less than that of M800/Alto. The sitting is upright like in SUV, much better than a low car.

. An advantage of Van body is the space, you have acres of it. Some one I read has fitted a bed after splitting the rear seat - one long bed and one seat.
. Then there is quite a lot of luggage space.
. The Omni has a narrow body like M800m so it can travel between the wheel Ruts created by trucks. I have seen the Van and M800 travel without a care, while all other cars which are wider traversing the road with great care.

With all these advantages a Van is one up on WagonR.

Last edited by Aroy : 19th July 2014 at 18:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks