Team-BHP > What Car?
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 11:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Safe car that can accommodate 2 child seats?

Thanks a lot for the excellent suggestions. I'll test drive most of the petrol cars mentioned here before making a decision.

GTO, I usually get a rental car for long drives. I'll definitely check out a few used cars if space becomes a problem within my budget. I guess I should try to find a used Innova in that case.
Old 15th February 2019, 12:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
MY requirements are:

1. Comfort for 3 adults and 2 child seats (preferably with ISOFIX points)
2. Reliabile
3. Safe
I am not sure if all 3 requirements can be met but at least 2 among the 3 can be met superbly by the new Ertiga.

1) Comfortable Seating combination --> The official review is out today and Just read that 2 Isofix child seats can be installed on the middle row Now I am not sure how many budget cars have that flexibility. The third row can be easily used by your MIL/You/Wife depending on who is driving. Since your elder one is 3, in another one year you can move her form bigger baby seat to smaller child seat and then it might be even be possible that third person may be accommodated in second row.

2) Reliable --> I don't think there is any doubt on reliability factor for Ertiga or MSIL. In case you have any doubts, there are so many Bhpians in our forum who have Ertiga whom can be contacted to get more details.

3) Safety --> The only area of concern in your 3 pointer requirement is this. While the GNCAP results for this car is not yet out so we have no idea how it will fair, the ratings for Swift which shares the platform with Ertiga is poor and fared rather poorly in the crash tests.

There are several members in our forum for whom Safety is paramount. If you belong to that group, the only reasonable option is to buy Marazzo. Then there are several for whom a total package is a reasonable option compromising a little bit or large bit on safety. In that group, Ertiga can be a top contender. It's superb VFM, has lots of options to chose from in terms of fuel type and variant type and will be easy on your pockets for the next few years.

The biggest problem you are going to face if you chose to get an Ertiga is to get an Ertiga!
Some variants of the car have a crazy 28 weeks waiting period! That is like 5-6 months even though it will significantly reduce with MSIL hopefully giving higher priority for Ertiga production in coming months.

Last edited by RaghuVis : 15th February 2019 at 12:13. Reason: Grammar correction
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 22:22   #18
BHPian

Hi KL01toKA03

Have you managed to find the right car. Asking because I am in the same boat now.

BTW this is my first post here
Old 19th August 2019, 11:38   #19
BHPian

Not yet. The home minister has vetoed plans for a second car. We realized that my son has too many activities (skating and two music classes) on weekends that the chances of both children being in the car at the same time is very remote. So, I have postponed my plans to buy another car.
Old 18th February 2020, 20:11   #20
BANNED

Any cars in India with 3rd row ISOFIX seats? The budget is upto 20 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks